Pontiac G8 Forum banner

2 G8's spotted at VIR this weekend

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  BlueG8GT 
#1 ·
I saw 2 G8's a red GT and a black modified GT? The black G8 had a GXP diffuser with quad tips, Breyton style wheels and V6 taillights, which makes me unsure if it was a GT or not. It was at VIR for this weekends Tutor and Continental races.

#2 ·
I was there with the Wife in my black GT, but that wasn't me. Only other G8 I saw was a white GT with black wheels, custom exhaust, and Holden badge that was going from one end of the track to the other when we arrived late and was in front of me when I turned right to go up to general parking. I didn't get a chance to walk through the car corrals as we got there late so I mostly spent time after we got a bite to eat walking the track and trying to get some video.

#3 ·
I went Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

That was Alton(SS G8) with the black GT and Will Russo(not sure of screenname) with the white hot. I was there with my vette.

A couple of us are already planning on going back next year. Should be easier to get a group together now that I have an idea of what we need to take and where to set up. Also might check into what it would take to get a Pontiac Corral.

And if you didn't make it out on Saturday you really missed out. A lot more cars in the Paddock and race teams. And to me, the Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge race is way more entertaining. Plus you still get to watch the GT cars on the track during their practice sessions.

#4 ·
Is that the Corvette corral? Looks more like general parking. Someone on fb said they were in the Corvette corral.

No, we were just there Sunday and were late getting there. My Wife won 2 tickets for one day on some fb group she is in.

I bet you liked the fact that the two most badass sounding cars on the track were the two Vettes :gears:I liked how the Ferrari's sounded too and there was one BMW that sounded good.

#5 ·
I bet you liked the fact that the two most badass sounding cars on the track were the two Vettes :gears:I liked how the Ferrari's sounded too and there was one BMW that sounded good.
The 2 Vettes were easily the best sounding cars followed probably by the 007 Aston Martin. We were there from Thursday thru Monday and stayed in the Villas by Oak Tree Turn. Every morning at 8am we were woken by the sound of race cars. Greatest alarm clock ever! Best part was my 3 year old son getting to sit in the #3 Corvette. One of the engineers invited us into their garage stall and put him in the car for us to take pictures.

#9 ·
The Black GT was me. Next time I think I'll come Saturday and Sunday, it was a good time.

The black G8 had a GXP diffuser with quad tips, Breyton style wheels and V6 taillights
V6 tails for sleeper status, until this happens.

Mod list in sig :driving:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.