Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Got Beat by a Focus ST

8K views 50 replies 32 participants last post by  Blitz 
#1 ·
Hey guys so I was cruising on the E Way last night and I see a yellow blob looking thing in my rear view coming fast. Guy pulls up next to me and it was a Brand new Focus ST This guy had it modded. We honk 3 times at a roll around 50 MPH and he just took off Couldn't even catch him. So I followed him off the off ramp he gave me the thumbs up and he says follow me into the parking lot He was actually a cool guy and not a Prick! He gave me a test drive. And its actually a pretty cool car with lots of features. He popped the hood and he told me He put in a bigger turbo, BOV, and exhaust and heads. This thing was quick!

#42 ·
I was in Sydney one night recently for a car club meeting & had one of those focus things drive beside me trying to get me to have a go.. I didn't for one second entertain the idea of racing because to be truthfull, I thought why waste the fuel on a 4 cylinder buzz box shopping trolly... Lucky for me then going by this thread that I didn't have a try as I would have got spanked big time...
The focus has been a regular in Australia since not long after its European debut, and has a strong following.
Last year I went to a "Top Gear Live" show & they had 4 of them doing the indoor stunts.. The Top Gear guy's raved about them.
Not for me, but each to their own....

#44 ·
#46 ·
There will always be something or someone:

Newer
Faster
Richer
Thinner
More beautiful
More successful
Taller
Cooler
Funnier
Wiser
Smarter
Older
Younger
More fit
Stronger
More sensitive
Less sensitive
Better
Bolder
Bigger

Love what you have, cherish what you have accomplished, dream about what will be, and be thankful for where you are and what you drive. :)

#47 ·
Post of the century. And on a Saturday at 12am. You sir, must me a drunken philosopher lol. There's always better, there's always worse too. Taking in the big picture, ours is a lot closer to the top of the list than bottom

#50 ·
Ford was garbage up until recently (2011ish)... I am glad they are turning things around. Maybe one day I will drive one (not a focus, though).

Just waiting for mopar to catch up now...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.