Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Official NC G8 Sightings Thread

73K views 1K replies 126 participants last post by  buzzard302 
#1 ·
Time to start reporting G8 sightings, outside of seeing them on dealer lots of course.

I'll start. :D Saw a PBM, Black GT with tinted windows this past weekend at the Charlotte Auto Fair driving through the infield.

#3 ·
Hot White, heading west out of Smithfield with a very happy driver. Me, of course. Ink was still wet on the contract.

#4 ·
Alright, maybe I should create a "NC Owners Thread" :gr_jest:

#26 ·
How often are you on Gallimore Dairy Rd? I turn left (coming from High Point) on that road every day to go to work.
I've seen a gray, orange, and white GT so far.

Did you go to Flow Pontiac? I test drove the red GT they had.

#6 ·
I saw a red G8GT with the sport and premium packages with the red seat inserts. It was on the lot in Jacksonville, NC on Wednesday. It was still there on Thursday afternoon. A few hours after that, I'm pretty sure I saw the same exact car in my garage. :)

Yay!!! Finally got my G8!!! And there was much rejoicing.

#8 ·
Y'all keep your eyes peeled on I-95 and around Smithfield/Goldsboro Monday evening through Wednesday early morning. There'll be a White Hot G8 GT flying in low from the north.:wink2:

#9 ·
Had a menage-a-trois today in the Target parking lot in Wilson with a Midnight Blue GTO and a Black G8. I also saw, probably the same G8, in the Merrell Lynch parking lot on Airport Rd.

#11 ·
Spotted a liquid red on Saturday around 1:30 on Hwy 264 heading Eastbound, about 1 mile from 440.

#13 ·
Looked like it had a Delaware 30day tag on it. Followed on 264 to I440 in Raleigh.

#14 ·
Saw an MGM at RDU last night while picking up my son. First one i've seen around here!

#15 ·
I saw a Red GT going north on 52 in the Winston-Salem area, and a Black GT on highway 150 - also in the Winston-Salem area. And, finally, I saw a Black GT in my garage in the - yep - Winston-Salem area. I have not seen either of the other folk's cars since, so I assume they don't live around here.

#16 ·
We should have a get together around the mountains one weekend. Head to deals gap or the parkway, or any number of fun roads around here.

#17 ·
RyaNCSU1:
OK, I stink at directions and such...I took the kids out one day in early spring tooling around the Pilot Mtn. area. I got off 52 near the state park and followed some road that went between the hills. Curves and hairpins - awesome road. Trouble is, I was in our Yukon XL - not exactly a car you want on curvy mountain roads! I was VERY frustratedly waiting for my G8 to arrive!!!
Now I got the car and don't remember exactly where that road is and haven't had a chance to get back up there to find it...
I'll head up there tomorrow (Saturday) and see if I can't find that road...My son loves the car and my wife loves to get us out of the house!
Attached pic of my car (Panther Black, GT, Premium Package, Sport Package, Red Inserts on Leather).

Attachments

#18 ·
I saw a PBM GT at Coastal Plains Dragway in Jacksonville, NC. Still had paper tags. I don't remember the times it put down, but nobody was running good. A heads and cam GTO was only ETing 13.5s...

#19 ·
Spotted a Red one in Clayton this morning. Made a left in front of me at Boj. Don't think she saw me though. Looked like 18's for wheels. Maybe a sedan.

#22 ·
Spotted a couple of PBMs running around Wilmington last weekend and one on Friday afternoon at Wrightsville Beach.

#24 ·
I know there is Black 08 and a Red 08 here at MCAS Cherry Point and I have seen a PSM 09 here sometimes... oh wait thats mine....

#25 ·
Mine's in the driveway-Hickory, NC
Saw one in the parking lot at the hospital in Valdese, NC
Spotted a STEALTH BLUE in Hendersonville, NC about two weeks ago (awesome color!)

#28 ·
You buy it from Hendrick?

#30 ·
Triad Area G8

LR 08' GT in K-ville. Bought it on 10\28. Looking to do a CAI, Rotot Fab Radiator Cover and Engine Covers Painted LR to match. Like to get a download. Been reading about VMS, but see others, don't know what to do. Any good tuners around anybody know about? Willing to travel to Charlotte or Raleigh if needed. No plans for car to see rain. 3 other vehicles to drive to avoid this. Hit 300 miles today!

The hot blonde wife may be driving or myself. Work at a custom sheet metal fabrication company in town. Trying to figure out some metal work original idea options daily.

C ya around!!

Zach

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.