Pontiac G8 Forum banner

G8/Caprice parts?

20K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  asylum 
#1 ·
Will the lower facia on a G8 GT or GXP fit on a new Caprice PPV? How well do the interior parts from a G8 fit?

I've been watching the reports of the new SS and I am going to need a car before I can afford the new SS. So I was thinking of mildly modding a Caprice PPV in the meantime.

Could anyone point me in the direction of threads that might cover this or send me some links?

Thanks!

#2 ·
I'm confused. Are you going to buy a cop car? Where from? Sorry I don't have any good info for you, just curious.

#3 ·
Sorry, I probably put the horse before the cart.

In the early summer I am going to be looking for a new car. I was hoping that the new SS would be affordable enough for me to get. The SS is looking less and less likely considering what is leaking about the price.

Plan B is to get a low milage G8 GT or GXP or a Caprice PPV. The trim on the G8 is rather nice, but I have found the Caprice to be pretty spartan ( it is after all a cop car). My idea is if I got a Caprice to upgrade the interior with G8 trim, and possibly some of the exterior trim as well. What I want to do is to make the Caprice into a car more like the AU market Caprice.

Caprice PPV's are comming on the used market in pretty good numbers with low miles, but it is getting more and more difficult to find a low mileage G8.

#4 ·
i have a 09 g8 and my friend has a 11 caprice ppv

his is the bottom bare bones version, cloth front seats, vinyl rear seats, no center console, rubber floors

the wheel base on the ppv is about 4 inches longer than a g8 and the ppv is probably 8-10inches longer than a g8

the hood, front bumper, headlights, rear bumper are different

#5 ·
I think the hood, front fenders, headlights, and front bumper would all have to be switched over. But I think it could be done. I don't know for sure. But since the PPV is the same wheelbase as the ute, I assume it can be done. There are Pontiac front ends on utes.

#7 ·
I think the stuff should bolt up with the fenders. I also think the wheel base is closer to 8 inches. We service the Sheriffs cars at our big o store and they are definetly much longer. I really don't like the car in the front, I think our g8 has a better looking front end for sure.

#8 ·
Do the holden conversion.. Probably same cost

#9 ·
I would just buy a PPV and put a set of wheels on it, good paint if it doesnt have it already. Then just upgrade interior parts as needed. With the right wheels and paint, maybe some tint. It would be unique and still look good. And have the potential to run 12's with bolt-ons.

#11 · (Edited by Moderator)
their are some variations in the statsman/caprice front clip and hood grill, just depends what you like

if you decide to import used parts for a ppv from aus wreakers this dealer site may help show what the car will look like with ie: 07 statesman front and rear bumpers, also early models had hinged map bins in the door trims.

carcity.com.au

this is a dealer group in both vic & nsw and should provide some info on available options

select holden, statesman or caprice from year 06

their is also

www.melbournescheapestcars.com.au/item.html?item=95699
this green ssv (g8) won't be their long

www.melbournescheapestcars.com.au

select sports and luxury then holden

their stock is much later and shows what can be done with factory parts

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.