Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Owner Spotlight-Meet hazer396

10K views 27 replies 21 participants last post by  Noodles72 
#1 · (Edited)

Hello Everyone, My name is Hassan aka Hazer, and I have been a part of G8Board since I bought my G8 in 2009. The car has come a LONG way since I bought it, and could be one of the most modified G8s ever.
I have always been a car guy, ever since I was a kid. I remember I used to be hooked on the Need for Speed games and would watch all the information videos about the cars themselves. Growing up I had always been different from all the other kids that would only talk about imports, and I would be the only one that would talk about GM Cars (which still hasn’t changed). I guess my love for GM began since my dad had always loved GM as well.
Enough about me time to talk about the car! You all may know my G8 as Oreo, since it is white and black I thought the name worked. I got it as an early Graduation present from my parents in 2009 when I was 17. I was looking at buying my dream car at that time which was a 1995 Nissan 240SX (which would have been swapped), but my dad didn’t want me to get something unreliable to drive to College every day. I gave him my savings and we were looking at 07 or 08 Subaru WRXs, but we didn’t get the deal we wanted. My dad had a bunch of points saved up on his GM Rewards Card so we went to Howard Pontiac/GMC and they had 2 G8s left which were both V6s; a PBM which had the ugly base model stereo or a WH which had the sun and sound package, so we ended up buying it for $24k + Taxes on August 6th 2009.
After going through many stages of the car:

My V6 put down 242whp and 260wtq, which was achieved with Pace Setter Longtube headers for a V6 Camaro, which I was the first to have, a Roto-Fab CAI, a custom 2.5” Exhaust, and a MACE Tune. The car wasn’t necessarily slow, I did beat 2010/2011 Camaro V6s, automatic G35 and 350z’s which is pretty good. I had put GXP Brembos on the front and BC Coilovers which still are some of my favorite mods on the car. I took the car up to Gingerman Raceway in South Haven, MI last year and had no issues keeping up with Mustang GT 4.6s and a Genesis Coupe 3.8.

I was getting bored of the power and really wanted to get something faster. I decided to try and sell the car, but at the same time I loved my car too much. I really was looking at CTS-V V2 sedans, or a 2014 Camaro SS 1LE had me dreaming. I tried to get at least $20,000 for my car as is with all the upgrades but didn’t get a close enough offer. I didn’t want to part out the car either it was too much of a hassle. I talked to Randy at LeftHandUtes and he had told me how easy it was to swap a V6 over to a V8. That’s all it took to convince me to do the swap. Everyone was telling me to just buy a G8 GT instead, which is a smarter idea, but once again swapping everything over is too much of a PITA. Also, I don’t think I would buy another G8 after modding the hell out of one already. You can’t beat keeping your first car and the fact that you could never be the first owner of a G8 again made me want to keep it. In February we pulled out the motor, and sold the whole swap on craigslist for about $1500. I used that money towards buying my L76 with 52,000 miles on it. It included a Motor w/ accessories, 3.27, Driveshaft and 6L80. Before the motor went in we put a RCR Blower cam, and Adam Schwab Ported Heads, WHICH ARE AWESOME, and a few other things that helped. Next Gen Auto (Elmhurst, IL) did the entire swap in a day! Roto-Fab was great with sponsoring me a new Intake to replace my V6 one. After the money spending was over I spent about $8,000 Parts and Labor on the entire swap, which to me was worth every penny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1JOpQD6Zzg (first start vid)

There are still many more mods coming so make sure you check out my build thread!

See less See more
#2 ·
Congratulations on the spotlight dude!

#3 ·
damn oreo!!!

#4 ·
This is the ultimate Base G8 mod! Nice job Hassan. I see you may be at the track this weekend. Post times.

#5 ·
I've admired your car since I first saw it. Whether it was a v6 or v8 it is one of the best looking G8s period.

#26 ·
WRXs, but we didn’t get the deal we wanted. My dad had a bunch of points saved up on his GM Rewards Card so we went to Howard Pontiac/GMC and they had 2 G8s left which were both V6s; a PBM which had the ugly base model stereo or a WH which had the sun and sound package, so we ended up buying it for $24k + Taxes on August

#6 ·
very nice!!! another V6 representing! this is what id like to have my car to have in it but no $$ :( someday. it took me 8 years to modify my grand am the way i want it so who knows in the future with the G8 :D

#7 ·
Started life as a V6... now it's got an L76 with goodies :cool:

#9 ·
Congrats on a great car and great write-up!

#11 ·
Now the mod money goes to Oreo's INSIDE,UNDER THE HOOD. GO FAST TIME NOW my friend. Remember SPEED COSTS MONEY,HOW FAST DO YOU WANT TO GO??????

#12 ·
Grrr8 mods and appearance because it looks like it was worth the trouble. Just watch those bumps in the braking zones if you have the 12kg rate rears. They can get a little bit hoppy.

#13 ·
Awesome look and style!!

#14 ·
Thanks guys please check out my facebook page for the car and listen to my new exhaust too ;)

www.facebook.com/oreog8

#19 ·
Well deserved. That car has seen a lot of action. I still remember you running it at the track in iowa! (as a V6) Imagine what it would run on a return trip there? :)

#20 ·
#21 ·
Hazer this is awesome stuff man, def doin your thing!

#24 ·
Hey hazer, joined the forum because the work you did was inspiring to do so. I asked the dealership if there was any possibility to do an engine swap they had said no, because the frames weren't compatible and the parts were much different, you proofed them wrong since it was possible. I also asked if I was able to switch my base model stereo for a navi stereo and they also said it was not compatible.

#25 ·
haha, well a lot of it voids warranty. I don't think the dealer would want to do anything like that!! you need to find a shop like i did, a shop with balls!

#28 ·

Hello Everyone, My name is Hassan aka Hazer, and I have been a part of G8Board since I bought my G8 in 2009. The car has come a LONG way since I bought it, and could be one of the most modified G8s ever.
I have always been a car guy, ever since I was a kid. I remember I used to be hooked on the Need for Speed games and would watch all the information videos about the cars themselves. Growing up I had always been different from all the other kids that would only talk about imports, and I would be the only one that would talk about GM Cars (which still hasn’t changed). I guess my love for GM began since my dad had always loved GM as well.
Enough about me time to talk about the car! You all may know my G8 as Oreo, since it is white and black I thought the name worked. I got it as an early Graduation present from my parents in 2009 when I was 17. I was looking at buying my dream car at that time which was a 1995 Nissan 240SX (which would have been swapped), but my dad didn’t want me to get something unreliable to drive to College every day. I gave him my savings and we were looking at 07 or 08 Subaru WRXs, but we didn’t get the deal we wanted. My dad had a bunch of points saved up on his GM Rewards Card so we went to Howard Pontiac/GMC and they had 2 G8s left which were both V6s; a PBM which had the ugly base model stereo or a WH which had the sun and sound package, so we ended up buying it for $24k + Taxes on August 6th 2009.
After going through many stages of the car:

My V6 put down 242whp and 260wtq, which was achieved with Pace Setter Longtube headers for a V6 Camaro, which I was the first to have, a Roto-Fab CAI, a custom 2.5” Exhaust, and a MACE Tune. The car wasn’t necessarily slow, I did beat 2010/2011 Camaro V6s, automatic G35 and 350z’s which is pretty good. I had put GXP Brembos on the front and BC Coilovers which still are some of my favorite mods on the car. I took the car up to Gingerman Raceway in South Haven, MI last year and had no issues keeping up with Mustang GT 4.6s and a Genesis Coupe 3.8.

I was getting bored of the power and really wanted to get something faster. I decided to try and sell the car, but at the same time I loved my car too much. I really was looking at CTS-V V2 sedans, or a 2014 Camaro SS 1LE had me dreaming. I tried to get at least $20,000 for my car as is with all the upgrades but didn’t get a close enough offer. I didn’t want to part out the car either it was too much of a hassle. I talked to Randy at LeftHandUtes and he had told me how easy it was to swap a V6 over to a V8. That’s all it took to convince me to do the swap. Everyone was telling me to just buy a G8 GT instead, which is a smarter idea, but once again swapping everything over is too much of a PITA. Also, I don’t think I would buy another G8 after modding the hell out of one already. You can’t beat keeping your first car and the fact that you could never be the first owner of a G8 again made me want to keep it. In February we pulled out the motor, and sold the whole swap on craigslist for about $1500. I used that money towards buying my L76 with 52,000 miles on it. It included a Motor w/ accessories, 3.27, Driveshaft and 6L80. Before the motor went in we put a RCR Blower cam, and Adam Schwab Ported Heads, WHICH ARE AWESOME, and a few other things that helped. Next Gen Auto (Elmhurst, IL) did the entire swap in a day! Roto-Fab was great with sponsoring me a new Intake to replace my V6 one. After the money spending was over I spent about $8,000 Parts and Labor on the entire swap, which to me was worth every penny.

(first start vid)

There are still many more mods coming so make sure you check out my build thread!
Beautiful I as well have the o9 g8 base . I love my car I'm just putting a system upgrade into her after 2years. Many years I will be one with my beauty

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.