Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Factory freakkkkkk Stock g8 vs bolt on 5.0

8K views 130 replies 37 participants last post by  Deuuuce 
#1 ·
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybp75uzUvmE&feature=youtu.be

Stock still, for now.. was coming home from lunch and this guy wanted to play.. To no surpise i pulled pretty hard..

20-110 roll

The night before i raced my buddy's SRT8 300C 20-120, good even matches but after 80mph, i'd put around a car or so on him.

#2 ·
Looked like a good run... But my guess is that driver doesn't know what he is doing. Sure it wasn't the 4.6? I can't see a bolt on 5.0 being pulled by a stock GT.

Sent from my HTC One X

#4 ·
6.0 > 5.0

Great kill

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
modded 6.0>stock 5.0
modded 5.0>stock 6.0
stock 5.0>stock 6.0
modded 5.0>modded 6.0

You get the point lol. Preparing for war.

OP maybe 4.6? If it was a 5.0 needs driver mod. Either way good kill.

Although there is nothing on that car that it is a 5.0, how do you know it's not a 2010 with the 4.6?

#6 ·
As much as it pains me to say so because I'm a GM guy and very much not a Ford guy (though my work F-150 has grown on me quite nicely) the 5.0 SHOULD have killed your G8. +1 for driver mod in the 5.0. Still...nice kill!

#8 ·
Honestly it was the first thing i asked..
He said ya.. its a 5.0. We were at a light. I saw the exhaust stamped magnaflow. So I know for sure it had an exhaust and was a 6spd. Intake / headers I dunno about..but we had ran twice, I only got a chance to film the second run. The first ran was the same outcome.
I thought at first it was a boss 302...but I dont think it is. I like the new 5.0s.. but considering how this car has acted I didnt think id loose too bad. It was from a roll.. I dont think a driver mod would have helped him that much.. as you can see from the vid.. I was walking away after 60ish.

Just wanted to share.. as most of u have probably read I own a import performance shop and the v8 ownership is stil new to me.. but im getting the hang of it. Id had felt really bad had I been in the hatch lol

#10 ·
#12 ·
#14 ·
Ok, I'm sorry but there is no way that's a 5.0. I have videos of my own G8 running against a 6 speed 2013 5.0 with an intake and muffler delete and I pulled a little harder than this.

Look at the wheels and color scheme, that's a 2010. Not the first time a 2010 owner claims a 2011+.

Good kill nonetheless.

If I'm wrong, for some unforeseen reason, i apologize.
Didn't sound as if he short shifted or too much driver error but ANYTHING can happen in a street race.

#15 ·
Ok, I'm sorry but there is no way that's a 5.0. I have videos of my own G8 running against a 6 speed 2013 5.0 with an intake and muffler delete and I pulled a little harder than this.

Look at the wheels and color scheme, that's a 2010. Not the first time a 2010 owner claims a 2011+.

Good kill nonetheless.

If I'm wrong, for some unforeseen reason, i apologize.
Didn't sound as if he short shifted or too much driver error but ANYTHING can happen in a street race.

Never said it was a newer 13+ mustang, But honestly, i wanted to share a kill in my Stock car lol, vs a modded one..which i thought was funny. IF the guys lying, he's lying.. his ****box, not mine :).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylgRqlPcwBs

Just something for comparsion, this is what i'm going off of.

#17 ·
Hate to break it to ya, but that Mustang was not a GT. All the GT's have the 5.0 on the fenders. That one was a V6, unless he took the badges off..... You can also tell by looking at the badging on the grill and the decklid, it will have a pony emblem with red black and blue stripes on it. If it were a GT, it would have had a 5.0 badge and a GT badge on the decklid. Also, if it were a Boss, it would have side pipes on it from the factory that you can definately hear, it would also say boss on the fenders. Some of you may think differently, but i can assure you as i see these on a daily basis.

#18 ·
Hate to break it to ya, but that Mustang was not a GT. All the GT's have the 5.0 on the fenders. That one was a V6, unless he took the badges off..... You can also tell by looking at the badging on the grill and the decklid, it will have a pony emblem with red black and blue stripes on it. If it were a GT, it would have had a 5.0 badge and a GT badge on the decklid.
Was definitly a GT for sure buddy lmao.. if it was a v6, i dont see that even hanging with a g8.

I think its to the point where, its either a bad driver with a 5.0 or a slightly modded 4.6 v8. I dunno, either way its a good kill, dont come in here pissing on my thread saying its a v6, you find me a v6 that sounds like this car does lol.

#19 ·
Well, wasnt tryin to offend. Its just i know the V6 mustang is 305Hp and 280Lbft of torque weighing 3453lbs. Your Stock G8 isnt much more then that. Although the G8 can spank any mustang with bolt ons, the V6 is actually pretty stout for the Mustang. Our G8 Gt's stock are 361 HP and 385Lbft of torque weighing 3946lbs. The mustang is a bit lighter and the power difference between the G8 and the Mustang v6 is close. So its not wrong to say that that vehicle was a V6 beacuse if it was a 5.0, which stock is 412Hp and 390Ftlbs of torque and 3600lbs, it would have been alot closer. Im not knocking the G8 though, as i own one too. But i know the newer Mustangs are nothing to sneeze at. I have also see every single option mustang there is know to man.

#22 ·
The mustang is a bit lighter and the power difference between the G8 and the Mustang v6 is close.
I wouldn't have said 50-odd hp and 100 lb-ft of torque was a "close" difference...

The Mustang looks to have been modded visually - IMO he has a 2010 GT that he has de-badged and put Boss-like stripes on. The wheels look like those of a 2010, although I'm not certain if they used that style later as well?

Either way, 4.6 or 5.0, it's still a nice kill, and reppin' the G8 on the street against the mighty pony is always a good thing!

#20 ·
Oh. I know. But what i'm saying is, its a v8... we just didn't know which. I'm just going off what the guy told me.. :)

#21 ·
First off nice kill! It could be this guy bought the stang used and debadged with the mods on it alredy. Maybe the guy was told its a 5.0 and just doesnt know any better. There are guys that just drive cool cars and dont have a clue what they have lol

#24 ·
I have confirmed with a Ford Tech, it is infact a late model '10 which did offer the 5.0.

#25 ·
Good kill OP, I think most here are correct in that its a 2010 4.6. Regardless you won and thats all that matters. It wont be stock for long once that bug bites.. if you love it now imagine when you throw on some bolt ons and a tune.

Sent from a nuke plant with my S3

#29 ·
Good kill OP, I think most here are correct in that its a 2010 4.6. Regardless you won and thats all that matters. It wont be stock for long once that bug bites.. if you love it now imagine when you throw on some bolt ons and a tune.

Sent from a nuke plant with my S3

Oh , i know :)

I'm already getting things together, its just taken alittle longer. My wedding i'm planning for, my business along with other things take up alot of my time and funds..

I could honestly careless if it was a 5.0, the fact is, its a Bolt-on GT at least, and it still got walked lol.. by a stock, 4 door pig.

#31 ·
As stated in the first post, I was at a light with the guy. I cleared asked, 5.0? He said "yes", "Just Bolt ons", I said alright. He wanted to go from a low roll, again, I didn't stop to talk to him after the race, I went along my way.

I can't say for sure WHAT he had.. I know he had an exhaust, as you can hear it in the video when he's down shifting, a stock exhaust doesn't Pop like that. I also saw the muffler tips were stampped, with magnaflow.. but thats i could say for 100% sure.

Next thing i'm waiting for , is for someone to tell me i didn't beat him when clearly, in the video, he's getting walked upon.

#32 ·
Nice kill OP!

#34 ·
It's no doubt a V8, just hard to believe it's a 5.0, and if it is, the guy was shifting early, or the G8 isn't stock, or something else was up.

Sorry, but 5.0 Mustangs make 400+ stock, G8 GT's, 355, and weigh hundreds of pounds more. You add bolt on's to a 5.0 and they pick up decent power.

So like I said, hard for me to believe.

#35 ·
eh, it is what it is :) glad yall enjoyed the video though..

#37 ·
Make no mistake, I don’t think anyone's knocking your victory. I just wouldn't be surprised if the guy with the 'stang assumed that 4.6 was close enough to 5.0 that he interpreted your "5.0?" question as asking whether he had a V8 or a V6 underhood. And yes, the video was cool!

#40 ·
Nice kill, from the sound in the vid the mustang definately had a v8 and exhaust, and it sounded like the g8 didn't have exhaust. however, not likely a 5.0, i'm sure he'd be proud and keep the 5.0 badge on the car. still happy to know a stock G8 gt can whoop a Mustang GT 4.6 with exhaust at minimum. G8!

we should probably close this thread before another 20 people write what the last 30 did...
including me... couldn't resist...

#41 ·
Its honestly not a big deal, if its not a 5.0 its at least a 4.6 :p

G8 is completely bone stock, 62k miles, bring it in for a flush on the tranny here in a few days.. gonna do the updated motor mounts and get some other tids down. Then i'ma start laying the foundation on the LTS / Exhaust. Should be good to go in a week or so.

#42 ·
Its honestly not a big deal, if its not a 5.0 its at least a 4.6 :p

G8 is completely bone stock, 62k miles, bring it in for a flush on the tranny here in a few days.. gonna do the updated motor mounts and get some other tids down. Then i'ma start laying the foundation on the LTS / Exhaust. Should be good to go in a week or so.
....why?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.