Pontiac G8 Forum banner

The Official "2nd Annual OGOC Meet at Lakeview" Thread

57K views 1K replies 59 participants last post by  Les 
#1 · (Edited)
EDIT: adding the detailed agenda here, so any last minute folks can find it...

IMPORTANT NOTE: we want to make sure that everyone realizes that there is no food service available at Lakeview (yeah, a snack truck could pass by, but we have no control over that). We will have water, pop and light snack food there, but the meal we are planning is later in the day. Therefore, we highly recommend that you have something that you can eat for lunch with you when you arrive at Lakeview.

Here's the detailed Agenda again...
We'll begin the day at 10:00 AM at Lakeview Park in Oshawa. There will be 2 hours of meet & greet time there, then at 12:00, we'll have a pre-cruise meeting, BYO lunch, bio break and organize our cars for cruise departure.

PLEASE NOTE: there is no food service at Lakeview Park and our BBQ is actually later in the day. Therefore, we highly recommend you bring your own lunch. Water and pop will be provided at Lakeview.

We'll roll out of Lakeview at 1:00 PM, with the cruise taking us through an interesting mix of sights and road types. Our mid-cruise checkpoint will enable a brief stretch of the legs and a bio break. Next, its off to a run that offers a bit of fun :driving:.

The end of the cruise delivers us to our second location for the day, Cowan Pontiac Buick, in Bowmanville. OK, it's actually Cowan Buick GMC now, but I had to throw the Pontiac in there ;). The folks at Cowan have been kind enough to clear a section of their lot for us to do our thing and are also providing the BBQ gear.

While at Cowan, we'll do the awards presentation and those who would like to will be able to do 'light' mods in the parking lot (no, we will not be able to bring our cars into the shop, so please don't ask).

We'll fire up the BBQ and have some grub at around 5:00 and wrap up by about 6:00. As sunset will be about 8:45 PM that evening, we should be able to fit in an early evening cruise for those who are able to stick around.

So, in summary...
10:00 - Meet 'n' Greet at Lakeview
12:00 - Lunch, pre-cruise meeting, prepare for departure
13:00 - Cruise begins
14:00 - mid-cruise checkpoint
15:00 - Cruise ends (arrive at Cowan Buick GMC)
16:00 - Awards Presentation, Mods
17:00 - Early Dinner (BBQ fare)
18:00 - Evening cruise (optional)

Well that's the rundown! We hope you're as excited as we are for the day's events!

Cheers!
The Lakeview Meet Organizers (scmcc16, Les, MrCodyBrock, sublimeGT).

<<<<< The Original Post >>>>>
Just when you thought the 'polar vortex' (or whatever it is that's making this Winter so cold and seem so f*#%ing long) had sucked the last drop of life out of you, it's time to fill your veins with the hope of Spring and driving your G8 with the windows down.

That's right, here it is, the thread you've been waiting for (well, if you're within driving distance of Southern Ontario, that is :)). This is the official thread for the 2nd Annual OGOC (Ontario G8 Owners Club) Meet at Lakeview ('Lakeview', for short).

As mentioned in other threads and OGOC meets, our annual Spring Meet will, from now on, be on the weekend after the Victoria Day long weekend. So, this year's event falls on Saturday, May 24th, 2014.

We've taken some learning from last year's meet and other OGOC events held last year and tried to make some improvements. For example, we are planning to have better balance between the stationary and mobile parts of the day. So, once we're all together at Lakeview Park and partake in a few festivities there, we'll be on the move sooner this year.

The planned drives will be more interesting, with cruises that take us to some fun roads in the area. There is also a very cool second venue (that we'll announce soon), with a planned lunch break. There's much more to tell you, but we'll release those details over time as they get locked in.

Last year we had 19 G8's involved. Based on the notoriety and conversation that last year's Meet garnered (almost 1,000 posts to last year's thread!), the number of people that have registered on the OGOC Members thread, and new G8board members that have come on since last year, I would not be surprised if we had 30 G8's or more this year!!!

By the way, if you're wondering why we chose to start this thread up today (Feb 13th)... well, as of right now, there are exactly 100 sleeps until the meet ;).

So, in summary...

What: 2nd Annual OGOC Meet at Lakeview
When: Saturday, May 24th, 2014
Where: Lakeview Park, Oshawa, Ontario
Who: anyone with a Pontiac G8 that can make the trip to Oshawa
Why: awesome sights (a long row of G8s, that is), great people, good times!!

We'll try the sign-up list approach and watch it build (copy it into your post and add your info if you're in)...

1. sublimeGT (Jim, Whitby)

EDIT: showing expected attendees as of 2014-05-23...

1. sublimeGT (Jim, Whitby) Y
2. Les (Les, Oshawa) Y+2
3. scmcc16 (Scott, Barrie) Y+1
4. YanniG8 (John, Montreal) Y+1
5. Mr.Angry.GTP (Gary, Niagara) Y+1
6. JerryV (Jerry, Nomad) Y
7. MrCodyBrock (Cody, Bowmanville) Y
8. Karlhungus (Jay, Scarborough) Y
9. Valtec1500 (Matt, Basom, NY) Y+1
10. FMQ (Frank, London) Y
11. crazybobo (Yannick, Laval, QC) Y+1
12. Some Boris dude that Cody knows (Boris, Bowmanville)
13. Rich G (Rich, Hamilton) Y
14. Knickle (John, Pickering) Y
15. chris-doherty (Chris, Brampton) Y
16. Regul8r (Jordan, Somewhere)
17. Will M. (Bill, Orillia) Y
18. norton13 (Dave, Toronto) Y
19. Project Whiplash (Troy, Newmarket) Y
20. Tesarete (Bill, Kendall, NY)
21. GrandPrixRollsOut (Greg, Toronto)
22. G8metallicblue (April, Oshawa) Y
23. TheDudeAr (Nick, Waterford) Y
24. tmlfan6000 (Steve, Burlington) Y
25. Turbo301 (Lee, London) Y+2
26. Procision-Auto (Tino, Pickering)
27. sunichura (Robert, Montreal)
28. peterg22000 (Peter, Toronto)
29. Disturbed G8GT (Thomas, London)
30. RoadFox (Jon, Oshawa) Y
31. mrspider25 (Stéphan, Montreal area)
32. azatrum (Syed, Milton)
33. Mikey13 (Mike,???)
34. pony killer (Jim,Western NY) Y+1
35. biff2001tor (Ken, Pickering) Y+1
36. zepcom (Doug, Buffalo NY) Y
37. Timmins G8GT (Jason, Port Colborne) Y+3
38. mcalien3 (Neil, Ajax) Y.
39. Bill T (Bill, Ajax) Y.
40. J2 GXP8 (Justin, ???) Y.
41. Ang (Angelo, Richmond Hill) Y.
42. MOSpeed (Mark, Toronto) Y
43. CKJackson (Chris, St. Catharines) Y
44. Ukie_duke (Tom, Oshawa) Y

Cheers!
Jim

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Well of coarse I'm in Jim lets get the list to 30 plus hopefully. And as Jim said we got some surprises for this year so it will be a great time. More exposure is getting us better things. Can't wait already mines been in my shop all winter so all I can do is look and play with her. Just want to start driving it again.

#3 ·
2. Les (Les, Oshawa)

#4 ·
I'm tentatively in! It all depends on what happens with the track this year and if can convince my wife to let my daughter come.

I had a great time last year so hope to have the opportunity to see everyone again and meet some new owners.

ATTENTION ALL OTTAWA/QUEBEC OWNERS! There are a number of us on this board...lets plan to meet up that morning in Brockville. That worked well for our two car convoy last year ;-)

#5 ·
Hey, Grant, hope you're doin' well! Definitely would be good to see a couple more members from Eastern Ontario/Quebec this year. I know you said 'tentatively', but I'm taking the liberty of putting you on the list (with an asterisk) cuz we know you wanna be there and will figure it out :).

2. Les (Les, Oshawa)
3. I12XLR8 (Grant, Ottawa)*

#6 ·
As if I actually have to say something....

#7 ·
:)

2. Les (Les, Oshawa)
4. scmcc16 (Scott, Barrie)

#8 ·
Put me down for this too. There is a lot going on with me career wise between now and then but I'm a 90% in for this. I can drop da wife off at her friend's place in the shwa and meet up with you guys. ;)

#9 ·
I've added you to the list! Note that like Grant I've put an * next to your name just to know that you're still not 100%

As for the wifey, there tends to be a few other halves around so she is more than welcomed if she's into this type of thing.

2. Les (Les, Oshawa)
5. Mr. Angry.GTP (Gary, Niagara)*

#13 ·
Lol. My other half is not a car person and pretty A.D.D. So unless she has a good book to read she would rather be with her friend... The one good thing about her being there would be that she would get to see that others are more O.C.D. than I am! :)

#10 ·
In. :)

#11 ·
2. Les (Les, Oshawa)
6. JerryV (Jerry, Nomad)

#15 ·
You seem so enthused...

2. Les (Les, Oshawa)
6. JerryV (Jerry, Nomad)
7. Mr. CodyBrock (Cody, Bowmanville)

#16 ·
I'll see what's going on and do my best.

#17 ·
Im going again..

#18 ·
2. Les (Les, Oshawa)
6. JerryV (Jerry, Nomad)
8. Karlhungus (Jay, Scarborough)*
9. Valtec1500 (I forget, Basom, NY)

#20 ·
I heard that Zep wanted to do it... and mark me in with an asterisk because I may have an offshore job in addition to a stint in my existing part time one around then if I don't hear from the new prospect.

#22 ·
Sarcasm font needed. Of course I'm coming. The name was my idea for Pete's sake.

#25 ·
Added Frank (also, gave Jay's asterisk to Frank ;))

2. Les (Les, Oshawa)
6. JerryV (Jerry, Nomad)
8. Karlhungus (Jay, Scarborough)
10. FMQ (Frank, London)*

#26 ·
As far as I know zep is coming will PM him and see.

#29 ·
Awesome!! Great to have another G8 from Quebec in the mix (I assume Yanni will chime in here soon :)). Hopefully you'll be able to build a nice convoy in, along with the Eastern Ontario crew.

2. Les (Les, Oshawa)
6. JerryV (Jerry, Nomad)
10. FMQ (Frank, London)*
11. crazybobo (name?, Laval, QC)

#30 ·
2. Les (Les, Oshawa)
6. JerryV (Jerry, Nomad)
10. FMQ (Frank, London)*
11. crazybobo (name?, Laval, QC)
12. Some Boris dude that Cody knows.

#31 ·
Wow the list is growing fast, Its great to see the guys from Quebec and the USA. And welcome to all the new members.

#32 ·
no discussion for the date?

i thought this was gonna be the 10th of may not may 24.... whoever told me that at the pub.. im pretty upset

sigh... guess you guys wont see my deal.. again....... ill try but im not going on that list
Jordan

#33 ·
Sorry to hear that May 24th may not work for you, Jordan. Not quite sure what happened there... we determined this year's date late last year, so if you we're told you something different, it surely was just a mistake.

Hopefully you'll be able to figure out a way join us.

#35 ·
The weather will be more stable later in May rather than earlier in May...that's my g8 pearl of wisdom for the day... Lol

Oh and more time for modding before the meet!!! Booyahh!

I can't show up bone stock... That would be so so wrong... Lol

#36 ·
LOL You could show up with no mods thats no problem. Its for ALL G8s.

#37 ·
Heres a Google pic of the meet spot. Right down the bottom of Simcoe St. in Oshawa.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.