Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Possible Supercharged V6

9K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Christojesus 
#1 ·
So i recently bought a 09 SBM V6 G8 and was looking into forced induction.. something im going to put together over winter. I want to add blower on seperate serpentine system as not to overload the important stuff.. ie. w/p, alt, ps.. so i was thinking that a CTS pulley might be a good start.. Stock G8 V6 pulley
and CTS pulley
what do you think?

See less See more
#6 ·
3800 Series II Supercharged motor (L67) was a very good motor. Lasted longer than the N/A motors actually, because of the recalled intake on the N/A motor.

#3 ·
CAPA performance makes a Vortech system for our cars....

#7 ·
Was looking into building my own centrifugal supercharger from a turbo i bought a while ago.. Dont think i have the hood clearence to put it ontop of engine, if thats what your getting at. Its all designed just need to order some parts, build and test..

#5 ·
The main issue still is there of the transmission only handling up to 350hp, or so I've read. Either way, I'm quite interested in where you go here.

#9 ·
Well.. couple reasons. 1 i love the color and car.. 2 got a really good deal on the car.. 3 insurance is cheaper on a 6 popper.. and finally i just like to be different... i have a 1980 camaro if i want to drive a v8.. plus as a bonus, its fun being the underdog and winning..

#11 ·
Well i hope when that happens i have some of this car paid down and maybe ill trade up to a Gt or GXP.. Till then ill run it till it blows.. LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.