Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Welcome to the Discontinued Crew... Part II

39K views 562 replies 42 participants last post by  terryscott621 
#1 ·
We ran up our reply post count over 1000 so the mods had to close it lol. Back in business though, guys use this thread or the facebook page for posts :wink2:

Our old page (For new members to reference) is below. :driving:

http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40190

#2 ·
I think that thread was DISCONTINUED. Hey-oh! :)

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#4 ·
I had the weirdest sighting yesterday in New Braunsfels. I saw a black g8 with black wheels, tinted tails, and debadged except for the arrowheads with the centers painted black. Thought I was having an out-of-car/body experience. :) Looked just like my car only cleaner. He was cool- waved and gave a thumbs up.

Anyway- if you are on the boards and reading this- bring that sexy beast to a meet brother!

Then I got a ticket for "unauthorized equipment" on the way home. State trooper busted out a little device that measures window tint... He was a jerk about it too- he noted that I got a warning back in July (during the twisted sisters cruise). He said, "guess you didn't get the message" or something stupid like that. Could've given me either $100 ticket for no front plate or $140 for the tint. Guess which one he chose.....

#5 ·
Hey Justin whats the plan for tomorrow? We still trying to do the cruise?

#6 ·
Its up to you guys. Who all is going?

I know XplicitPerformance, who is in SA while his wife is in the hospital, is planning to go to SAR but won't make it in time for the cruise. For those of you who haven't seen his thread on the "other board" his wife was critically injured in an accident in Cotulla. She in the hospital in SA. I reached out to offer a place to stay or bringing meals, or whatever else we can do. He said he's got friends in the area and is taken care of but he wanted to take his son to something fun to get his mind off things so he's planning to come to SAR after visiting hours are up.

#7 ·
Justin, let's meet up at the cruise location at 11am. We can hang for a bit, then cruise at noon. I'm only gonna do the cruise cause I gotta spend time with the fam before I go to Korea. Sound good?

#9 ·
Man always when something cool is happening, my cars at the dealer. They have to tear the new motor apart due to crank position sensor codes. I think they had the cam timing off when they installed the new motor. It had a lot less power then it did before "bone stock" once I got all the bugs worked out. Oh well hopefully they do it right this time and I get it back better then ever.

#10 ·
Im on location, parked behind the IBC bank and the auto parts store.

#11 ·
No sure if I can make it guys- ac went out at the house and I don't want to leave Amy alone to deal with the repair guy... I can come after the ac guy leaves but who knows how long this is gonna take... I thought he'd be done by now since he's been here since 9... Sorry guys...

#12 ·
What up Guy's ? It was a nice night at Biff's last night but I was the only G8 there. wish I didn't have to work today. I sure would like to be on the cruise with y'all.

#13 ·
Made it to SAR Saturday night Was the only one from DCC. Nothing to bragg about

#14 ·
Damn bro, didn't know you were coming up. I had to tend to some family matters so I didn't go to the track, I only did the cruise. The other guys probably left cause the weather was crappy.

#16 ·
My bad Wally, didn't know anybody else was going to show up. Was at the track for a while waiting around but with the crappy weather & limited amount of cars that showed up, didn't think it was worth the wait.

#20 ·
Its the almost 300# of s*** behind the wheel. Hitting the limiter.
No wheel ***, Just a lot of burning, there again, the driver.
Rob, Nelson did the install & wide band tune. Was just an additional $100. for the wide band.

#21 ·
Gotcha, I don't plan on going back to Nelson for anything other than installs. I'm just gonna make the drive down to Victoria and see Pat G for all the tuning. Once I get my headers installed I'll be down that way. I may go to nelson to install the mgw cause it looks like a pita install.

#24 ·
Damn OBX is out of stock everywhere. Figure I'll go with Pacsetters again, this time coated. Wally did you have to do any modifications to get them to fit the GXP? At Marylandspeed its claiming they don't fit the GXP.

#25 ·
ROB, Got my long tubes @ Summit, They fit fine, need the extenders. I'll see if I can find the paper work for the numbers.
Justin, I would have to buy 17" or 18" wheels. Nitto is the only one that makes 19"DRL's.

#26 ·
headers

PSM-72C2259 summit Long tube pacesetters

be sure to get the extenders & be sure to use OEM gaskets

#28 ·
Had it changed out when I had the clutch done. I understand that it can be a bi***.
Good luck

#29 ·
Guess I'm in the market for a set of 18" wheels & Hooiser DR's

#30 ·
Got my mgw shifter installed by Lethal Performance for 100$. I talked with some of the guys and they were actually pretty cool. The service was not bad either, I was impressed. Shifter feels awesome!

#31 ·
Good choice on the shifter. You will like it even better as time goes on.
Have had mine 2+ years & stll love it

#33 ·
Blkdeath, yes. The gxp comes stock with 19's and sport tires.

Well since it has been a while since I have been to AS I have heard there is a car show the local vette guys up here go to in SA so was gonna head down on Saturday and see if anyone or another group of people were gonna cruise around or hit up the twisted sisters.

Was also wondering what some good options were for a stronger alternator were since my Maggie seems to be straining mine now.

#35 ·
I know the 19"s will fit on the car, I am wondering if they will physically fit In the G8.
I'm thinking that you'll be able to get three rim/tires in the trunk, but not four. I just had two 19" rims/tires in my trunk and there looked like enough room for one more.

Here's an idea put one in the spare tire well and the other three in the top portion of the trunk. Boom...done!!! :)

#36 ·
Just saw Ben on 35. Car's looking gr8 man! We're you lowered before or is that new? Did you paint your arrowheads?

You see how filthy my ride is? Lol! On Saturday Amy and I volunteered at a farm that benefits needy families and I had to drive down a long dirt road in podunkville. Haven't had time to clean all the red dirt off my car bc I left for Vegas (for work) on Sunday and flew back this morning and had to drive straight to a meeting in New Braunsfels from the airport.... My car is in desperate need of some tlc...

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.