Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Has anyone DIY port/polish there heads?

5K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Damian 
#1 ·
I plan on getting vms's 1.5 cam and installing it myself, I cant afford a port polish head job from them but was reading up on doing it myself, it almost seems a waste to have the heads off and not de-burr them, port match and a polish. Ive been researching it and doesnt seem to be that hard. Has anyone did this befor or would it be a waste a time?

#5 ·
You're a little more advanced than the average DIY'er sir.... ;)

OP, FWIW the L92/LS3 castings flow so well that there has to be extensive amounts of work done to see a gain making it worth while. Even on the CNC'd castings I only see about a 25-30rwhp increase. All things considered those gains are acquired with a well thought out CNC program, valve job, etc. Simple touching up the heads with a dremel will yield little to no gains. If anyone wishes to debate that fact I'd love to see some solid data that states otherwise.

But hey, if it makes ya feel good do it. :)

#4 ·
I c.....im not trying to go nuts here but i figured a little clean up in there cant hurt much.

#7 ·
#12 ·
Hey stranger, good to see you stop by.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.