Pontiac G8 Forum banner

10 Totally Awesome Cars of the 1980s Hitting the Auction Block This Weekend.

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Turbo301 
#1 ·
If you want to be seen driving around in a seriously retro ride, then we suggest a trip to the Auburn Auction Park in Auburn, Indiana this weekend. The annual Auburn Spring Auction is kicking off with 900 cars hitting the block, including some serious gems of the MTV era.

We've compiled a list of 10 of the best and most interesting cars of the 1980s that any Gen-Xer would take over a date with Molly Ringwald.

Crank up the MJ, Devo or Whitesnake and join us for a trip through one awesome era of cars.

More: 10 Totally Awesome Cars of the 1980s Hitting the Auction Block This Weekend. on CarCrushing.com

See less See more
#3 ·
Nice! I love those! Much cooler than the Montes.

Not surprisingly, I love #2 (my brother has an '80 turbo T/A). The writeup on that website is a bit odd: I've never heard of a "gold package" besides the SE, and that was only on black; lots of people added stripes afterwards, in various colours, but I question the factory legitimacy of that auction car. The 301T wasn't also "incredibly rare" when new, nor was the 6.6L even an option after '79; finding a working 301T now is pretty tough, though: lots of (heathens, unbelievers) pulled the 301T for a 400 or 455 (or, sacreligiously, a 350 SBC).

#5 ·
The '80 and '81 Pace Cars were all TT/As, but you could order it in any T/A. My brother's is black with red interior and the maroon/orange/red bird (super-slick combination, and much more interesting than an SE, IMO), WS6, no T-tops - handles stupidly well for a car of that vintage, it's no wonder T/As had such a fearsome reptuation!

#7 ·
400s are nice, especially W72s, but I still think the 301T has a neat charm all its own - it's a great symbol of the times (second gas crunch, automakers doing what they could with what they had), and it's quite relevant these days with everyone going to turbocharged, smaller engines again.

And I still like it better than a 403 Olds because at least it's a real Pontiac motor :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.