Pontiac G8 Forum banner

PB: Stock Stall NA Breaks into the 11's!!!!!!

5K views 96 replies 22 participants last post by  Zodiac 
#1 · (Edited)
First off had a blast today with dctg8 (Dustin) and Zodiac (Dan). The weather was perfect and the cars were running awesome!!!! Got to run a cammed ls3 ss camaro and a 5.0 with slicks. Couldn't be happier with the performance of the car! Rick is the man!

Best time: 11.8801 @ 119.55
Best trap of the day: 120.64mph

GoPro Added:

See less See more
3 3
#6 ·
Cooler air pushed me along and changing out the elbow and air filter lmao

#49 ·
What did you use to replace the spectre?

Sent from my Nexus S4G | 4.1.1 AOSP JellyButt v2.4

#7 ·
I'll load my slip up shortly : )

#9 ·
Nice runs.

#10 ·
Nuckin futs!!! Congrats Troy. I think it's safe to assume you have the crown for fastest NA stock gears and stall GT. Were you running GTO skinneys?

#11 ·
Sweet runs guys, cool that you let Zodiac run too, even though he drives a ford! :)

Awesome videos and awesome times. Can't wait for the gopro stuff from on the cars to get finalized, even better!

#12 ·
Congrats guys! Great runs!!!!

#13 ·
Wish I lived in NC, had more play $, and more free time. I'd be hanging out with you guys and modding more and would be having a blast doing it. Can't wait to see the go pro vids!!

#14 ·
Very nice guys! Great times. Looked like a fun day. Makes me want to go to the track tomorrow!

#17 ·
I had a great time today. Both of your cars were extremely impressive, I couldn't be happier with my performance either. Since that one video cut off at the end I went 12.72 @ 111.88 stock. She has more in her just gotta learn. Glad to see a record fall in person.

#20 ·
Nice times Troy. Unfortunately I won't get gto fronts since I have brembos in the wings to go on but I'm hoping to get into 11s with just drags this time.

Sent from my EVO using AutoGuide App

#22 ·
Get some good air and I have no doubt it will do it. At least you have something to shoot for now!:wink2:

I think mine has a little bit more left in it. I had to leave about two hours early this evening, and missed the passes right at dusk when the temps really dropped off into the 40's. Thats when Dustin was able to put down that screaming 122 mph trap. Ill be heading back in the next couple weeks that is for sure.

#21 ·
Congrats man, car is coming along nicely.

#24 ·
That's awesome Troy!! I haven't done much with mine in a while. Trying to buy a house before I get married in June!!! Congrats again on the times tho!! U need a 3200 and 3.27's and u would come down in the e/t's!! Anyways awesome times!!!!

#25 ·
I'm putting a new cam in mine at the end of this month, and once tuned will get some DR's.
If I can get some good air maybe I can get close to you and Brent. May not have GTO fronts though and I know that helps.

What was the DA and temps there today Troy? It was -500' at my house today.

#31 ·
NICE RUNS!! Get that 60' down and you'll drop into them 11's MUCH further, especially with those traps.. My TBSS only trapped 115mph with a 3800 stall with the stock 4:10's RWD, and head/cam.. Cut me an 11.70 with a 1.60 short time.. Gonna tough as hell to get a short time like that with these without some big traction and rear end mods, not to mention a nice convertor.. BUT... Pretty damn sweet to see you run what you did man!

#33 ·
Congrats on the record run Troy!!!

Not only did you already have one of the fastest NA stock stall G8s around, once you got that unbelievable air you have probably distanced yourself from the rest of us for some time.

The skinnys up front with drag radials to reduce wheel spin down the track was obviously huge as well. You have done what many have not been able to do. You put together the perfect combination of mods, tuning, drag pack and Arctic weather all at the same time. Props to you man!

#34 ·
Thanks a lot man! When I first joined the site over a year ago your car and build threads were a true inspiration that got the wheels in motion on my ride. And thanks to this board I met Rick and found out that he lived close by. At that point nature took its course and Rick does what he does best. He deserves the bulk of the credit. I heeded his advice every time he gave it, not to mention his mechanical talent is out of this world. We are only getting started...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.