Livernois Motorsports Undetectable Tune Info & Rotofab/Vararam Dyno Sheets - Page 2 - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

Go Back   Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com > Supporting Vendors > Livernois Motor Sports

Livernois Motor Sports Livernois Motor Sports

» Auto Insurance
» Vendors

Old 03-31-2010, 11:57 AM   #21
desertg8

Hi Rick,

I emailed your company some questions. Can you please take a look at the questions?

Thanks

"Silver Shadow"

Mods - New Setup Yet to Be Run.

416 with Lunati crank/rods. wiseco domed pistons. 11.3 to 1 compression. gmpp heads with a little work. Rick Crawford/Lunati cam 223/235 .625/.626 lift on a 112 straight up. 3600 stall, rotofab, Ported intake and throttle body. underdrive pulley, 3.27 Camaro diff., 1 7/8s mids with full 3 inch exhaust. drag radials. (other mods for strength and handling; but not for speed)
desertg8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2010, 03:47 PM   #22
Sales@Livernois
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertg8 View Post
Hi Rick,

I emailed your company some questions. Can you please take a look at the questions?

Thanks
Is this Alan? If so, sorry for the late reply. I have been out of the office for off-site training and usually come in for a short time near the end of the day. I believe I already answered your email as I answered all of them in my inbox. Please let us know if you have any other questions and thank you for your interest in our products.

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports

CNC Cylinder Heads, Rotating Assemblies, Short Blocks, Performance Parts, Dyno Services, Fabrication and Machine Shop Services

Click here to take a video tour of the shop
Sales@Livernois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 04:01 PM   #23
desertg8

You got it Rick. I understand busy. I am on my 150th tax return. lol

"Silver Shadow"

Mods - New Setup Yet to Be Run.

416 with Lunati crank/rods. wiseco domed pistons. 11.3 to 1 compression. gmpp heads with a little work. Rick Crawford/Lunati cam 223/235 .625/.626 lift on a 112 straight up. 3600 stall, rotofab, Ported intake and throttle body. underdrive pulley, 3.27 Camaro diff., 1 7/8s mids with full 3 inch exhaust. drag radials. (other mods for strength and handling; but not for speed)
desertg8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 04:03 PM   #24
cmlease

Damn you guys are fast...
Old 09-26-2010, 12:16 AM   #25
calhoun1

I hate to revive an old thread, but I have a couple of tune questions:

What octane are the tunes written for?

And since the G8 has Sport and Normal shift modes, is it the same tune for both? Or are there 2 tunes in each flash, one for each mode?
calhoun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:22 AM   #26
zepcom
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by calhoun1 View Post
What octane are the tunes written for?
They can be whatever you specify... 87, 91, or 93. There is more performance to be had for the 91 & 93 tunes, as that grade of fuel can better resist detonation, so Livernois can be slightly more aggressive with the timing to get more performance with that grade of gas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calhoun1 View Post
And since the G8 has Sport and Normal shift modes, is it the same tune for both? Or are there 2 tunes in each flash, one for each mode?
You can request what percentage torque management you would like in the TCM tune, and they can make Sport mode a little more aggressive. From what I've read in other threads, they can't make them a night-and-day difference, as the different profiles (D verses S) tend to bleed into each other if they're too different. One TCM file would handle all 3 of D, S, and M driving modes, but you could have more than one file, depending on your needs, like a track TCM tune that would have almost no torque management, verses a street TCM tune that has 'some' but still much better than stock. You choose when to load each from your laptop, depending on the circumstances, at any time.

Hope this helps.

--zepcom
zepcom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:42 AM   #27
calhoun1

Thanks for the answers zep, that makes sense. I have never done a tune on a car so just having the usual initial questions. I am definitely gonna take advantage of the DD vs track tune!
calhoun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 11:09 PM   #28
trevgtp

Hey guys- just wondering if this whole thing works on M6 GXPs? I've been itching to get a tune mainly for the MPG factor some more HP and TQ wouldn't exactly hurt, either.
Trevor-
R.I.P. GXP #1180, Liquid Red, M6,Sunroof, Black/Red interior, Vararam, Corsa catback, Corvette fuel rail covers, Autodim mirror, Auto shift console, Custom armrest, HIDs
trevgtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 11:21 PM   #29
Sales@Livernois
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevgtp View Post
Hey guys- just wondering if this whole thing works on M6 GXPs? I've been itching to get a tune mainly for the MPG factor some more HP and TQ wouldn't exactly hurt, either.
Trevor-
Trevor,

Thank you for your interest in out products! Yes, this does work for the M6 GXP. In addition to the normal air/fuel and timing modifications, we can also disable the skip shift. We actually have an M6 GXP for a shop car.

Thank you,

Rick

Livernois Motorsports

CNC Cylinder Heads, Rotating Assemblies, Short Blocks, Performance Parts, Dyno Services, Fabrication and Machine Shop Services

Old 02-18-2011, 11:22 PM   #30
trevgtp

stupid fast reply, rick!
i have vararam and corsa and that should do it for a while- what increases in hp, tq and mpg would i expect, in your opinion?
R.I.P. GXP #1180, Liquid Red, M6,Sunroof, Black/Red interior, Vararam, Corsa catback, Corvette fuel rail covers, Autodim mirror, Auto shift console, Custom armrest, HIDs
trevgtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 11:29 PM   #31
Sales@Livernois
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevgtp View Post
stupid fast reply, rick!
i have vararam and corsa and that should do it for a while- what increases in hp, tq and mpg would i expect, in your opinion?
A stock M6 GXP makes roughly 370-375 RWHP. With a CAI, Corsa, and tune they typically make 400-410 RWHP.

As far as mileage, it will depend how you drive, but just about everyone notices a gain in gas mileage.

-Rick

Livernois Motorsports

Old 03-11-2012, 11:03 AM   #32
topher455

The hp and torque gains are impressive with the cai and tune which is what Im interested in but the dyno cant really quantify the tm and trans shift improvements. Do you have any track results from a stock g8 gt vs your cai and tune package? Possibly the vararam and tune one? From what I've read the vararam is also gonna show its true colors more when the car is moving vs sitting on a dyno due to the pressure generated from the "ram air" effect. Thanks for your time
topher455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 12:17 PM   #33
LowCal

Hey Rick, im looking to get a tune shortly and a couple buddies in Winnipeg here told me to ask you cuz they werent sure. When you mail tune out of town folks like myself do you tune to our altitude by looking it up, or is it set to what ever michigans is?

Roto Fab Intake
Cortex Roto Fab Tuned
Custom X-Pipe Mid muffler Delete
Custom Axle Back w Flo Pro Super V
Flo Pro Tips
BC Racing Coilovers
BMR Front Strut Bar
BMR Lower Control Arms
BMR Trailing Arms
BMR Adjustable Toe Rods
BMR Diff/Cradle Poly Bushings
Staggerd 20" Status Knight 5 Wheels
245/9" 285/10"
Mickey Thompson ET Street Drag Radials
275/40r17 mounted on C6 wheels
HID reverse lights, headlights, fog lights
SwitchBack front turn signal bulbs
Temp firehawk plsti dip hood
LowCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:39 PM   #34
phoenixZRO

^ I thought the same since I'm in Hawaii. Not sure if there's a difference though.
2008 G8 GT #868 0f 888 (Sold)
Vector Motorsports 91 octane tune, VCM OTR CAI, VMS HSRK, 20" Breyton GTS matte black

2009 G8 GT
Completed: Livernois 91 octane tune, carbon fiber Rotofab CAI, SLP headers and catback, Flowmaster exhaust, AC Delco MAF, BFG g-Force Sport Comp 2 tires on black Camaro 19s, partial chrome delete, complete badge delete, RF 1000.1bd amp w/ 2 RF P3D4 subs
Coming Soon: Cam/DOD delete
Saving For: CTS-V

http://www.facebook.com/#!/lsx.reapers?fref=ts
phoenixZRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement