Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Anyone seen clear side marker covers for the front?

9K views 64 replies 28 participants last post by  Blitz 
#1 ·
I'm looking around for clear covers for the front blinkers under the headlight assembly. They are orange and alot of people I've seen blacked them out. But I'm wondering with there's any straight clear ones instead of the orange?

#5 ·
I used the Neondials. Look great!
Search the forums for both names.

#10 ·
+ 1 for these. Look great and easy install...

Sent from the INSTIG8r's Phone

#7 ·
Just bought some light smoked ones off ebay for my WH GT. I will post some pictures of them when I get them installed.

#11 ·
I have the Neondials with a "chrome top" bulb, I like em ....

#12 ·
I've been dealing with Jason from Klearz.com and he is AWESOME! His responses are fast, and he is doing his best to help me to pick/get the best product possible.

Going to be paying for mine any minute now, then I will keep this thread updated as I recieve the products and how the look and functionality is.

#15 ·
No there were a set of clear ones and a set of light smoke ones. I did a buy it now on the light smoke. I feel like they will match the headlights well.

Enander, Do you have any good pictures showing the 20% tint on your car? I have the same color and im trying to see how dark it will look against the white paint.

#16 ·
oh ok, i wish i did that with the clear set i was looking at, and i do not have any close up pictures and it is already dark here on the east coast of Florida so i cant get a picture today

#18 · (Edited)
My light smoke lenses came in today. What is the best way to join the two halves together. They were not shipped assembled.

#20 ·
I also ordered some amber SMD LED 194 bulbs off eBay to put in mine. My eBay seller said he would mail me a tube of silicone they use to join the halves together. I'll let y'all know how it works when I get it.

Also how do the bulbs seal to the housing? I haven't taken my oem lights out yet.

#22 ·
Thanks for the link.

They look great IMO. They each have a very small bubble looking spot on the backside. That isn't going to be noticeable when on the car though. The front of the lenses had very light scuffing (probably from being handled or in a box). The scuffs should polish out though. He packaged them up very well to ship to me.

#23 ·
Finally got a chance to glue my lenses together the other day. The adhesive the seller sent me took almost 2 days to dry so I just got them installed tonight. They look great IMO. I ended up reusing my stock grey mounts instead of the aftermarket black ones they came with. I figured the oem ones would fit better. I'm glad I did too because they are the perfect amount of tint to them now. Paired with some amber LEDs these look great.

A couple shots from my car parked in the shop.

#24 ·
Anyone have a pic of the smoked on a MGM?

#26 ·
I just did mine and am very pleased!
Just got some light tinted ones off eBay and put in amber bulbs.
The light shines through them just fine as you can see.

#27 · (Edited)
Anyone have any ideas what bulb/LED will best evenly disperse the amber light through a set of Klearz with black housing and clear lens? I love the look of them when the lights are off but the amber seems to get from very bright to dull to nothing at the edges of the lens.

Please reference the image above for what I'm talking about, you can see how the amber is really only visible in the middle third of the lens. I know photos are imperfect but I am looking for a light/LED that will uniformly light up the entire lens evenly, from edge to edge.

Right now I have a 5-LED 194 unit in my Klearz that, while very bright, peters off at the edges, much like above. If anyone has any suggestions for a more evenly-lit solution I would love to hear them. Thanks!​

#28 ·
Clears are the only way to go.

#30 ·
So the OEM housing can be used? Does the OEM amber lens come off easily? I'm wanting to order the Klearz lens but I just think $45 for a housing is kind of doo doo when you can use the OEM one.

#31 ·
I actually had to break the amber housing and chip it off in pieces. My ebay smoke lenses came with housings but they looked cheaply made and I was afraid they might not fit as well as OEM. I still have them if someone wanted to give them a shot...

Im sure there is an easier way to remove the amber but I broke enough of the amber to get a screwdriver in between them and the housings then pried them loose. I had to work my way around the housings as to not break them. I then used construction adhesive to glue and seal the new lenses to the OEM housings. So far they havent leaked and fit into my bumper great.

#35 ·
BLKG8,

PM me your zip code. Ill take pictures of them and get a shipping quote. Just pay for the ride and they are yours if you want them.

#38 ·
Only the housings sorry. I was able to use the smoke lenses with my OEM housings. I only have the aftermarket housings left over.

If he "neverminds", send 'em to me! Bam!
Ill PM you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.