LED turn signal bulb set (including switchbacks), and backup lights (all V-LED) - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

Go Back   Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com > For Sale > Parts for Sale > Parts for Sale Archive

Parts for Sale Archive Your resource for prior transactions and price indexing. Read only.

» Auto Insurance
» Vendors

Old 12-24-2010, 02:03 PM   #1
TurboMike

Default LED turn signal bulb set (including switchbacks), and backup lights (all V-LED)

I have everything you need for LED turn signals, front switchbacks, side marker lights, and rear turn signals. Also have LED backup bulbs. All bulbs are SMT LEDs or 7w LEDs (these are the brightest... the most lighting for the least amount of LEDs). All bulbs are made by V-LED.

What are switchbacks? Your parking lights are cool white (5k color), but when you turn on your turn signal they blink amber, like stock. There are actually 60 LEDs in them 30white/30amber and an internal switch to keep parking and turn lights seperate. So no tickets from the po-po for blue or white turn signals. Yet you can have nice bright white parking lights. The color also matchs HID headlights nicely, although I have them with stock headlights and they still look great. These are TYPE 1 switchbacks, which mean the white parking lights stays on between amber blinks (type 2 the white goes out and flicks back on after the turn signal is shut off).

-Four 50W 6ohm resistors, can be installed near each bulb or next to the BCM (they get hot so cant be mounted on plastic). These keep your bulbs from fast/hyper blinking so they blink like OEM
-Two 1157 60 SMT LEDs Switchback white/amber type 1
-Two 194 5 LED SMT side marker lights
-Two 1156 27 LED SMT amber for rear
-Two 1156 20 7watt LED white for backup

I had these in my G8 for two week, decided to go with type 2 switchbacks front and 7w amber rear instead of SMT. Also tried 9 SMT bulbs for the sidemarkers but had to grind them down to get them to fit, and it works, kinda, so the 5SMT are for sale. I ordered extra resistors to sell this all as a set.

$100 cash picked up from BergenCounty NJ, or $120 if paypal/shipped UPS ground.

Purchased the LED's from V-LED
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2010, 02:20 PM   #2
GoneUpInFlames
Black & Silver

Do me a favor and post a brief how-to with pics when you do the splicing. I'm deathly afraid of snipping the wrong wire...
Old 12-24-2010, 03:44 PM   #3
TurboMike

The resistors? One end to ground (any bare metal on car... loosen any metal bolt to metal, loop wire under it, tighten it down), other end to the power line to the bulb.

Personally I cut the wire, strip the two end, and twirl those two end with the resistor wire, then solder, cover with shrink stiff and heat/shrink it with lighter, or electrical tape, or liquid wire cover. Thats me because I hate those vampire clip things.

If you have a vampire clip thing, put the bulb wire in the clip, push the end of resistor wire into other end, snap it closed. Done. If you want I'll see if I have any and throw in four if you buy the bulbs from me. I dont use them because eventually car vibrations will get to them (years down the line) and occasionally they snap a wire without making a true good connection.

Or are you asking me which wires in the BCM? That I'd have to recheck in my shop manuals. I think I might have posted them somewhere on this board too when I was doing it.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:58 PM   #4
TurboMike

bump so I dont have to put them on ebay
Old 03-09-2011, 02:31 PM   #5
Rawyzf

You have pics of these installed to show the difference?

2008 Saab 9-7x Aero - Carbon Flash Metallic: Staggered 20x8 (265/50/20) 20x10 (295/45/20) Gloss Black Wheels w/ Hankook Ventus ST RH06, 4" PCM Intake, Corsa Sport Catback, LS1 efans and 3 Relay Kit, BellTech Struts & Shocks (~.5" Drop), Tuned - Carl Thomas, Pioneer AVIC-X850BT, Alpine MRX-V70, Infinity Ref 6030cs, Infinity Kappa 62.9i, NVX VSW104 Sub
Old 03-09-2011, 05:18 PM   #6
dmaic

Ill take them. Email me your paypal address or send an invoice through paypal to lucasn@msn.com

Thanks
Old 03-10-2011, 09:54 PM   #7
dmaic

PM sent
Old 03-10-2011, 10:10 PM   #8
DAPG8GT

also interstd in Pics of the difference. If they dont sell post some.
2009 G8 GT magnaflo cat back, RotoFab,a little computer massage,HSRK,BMR swaybars,poly bushings, FE3 shocks/struts, 20" machined SS rims,tasteful tint, HIDs,Debadged,SOLO HFC's, shorty's, CTS V Brembos That guy passing you, And yeah those marks are mine!

Old 03-14-2011, 12:41 PM   #9
TurboMike

All PMs answered, and as of Monday no buyer yet. I guess I'll wait till next weekend for ebay since I'm lazy.

I dont have pics and you wont be able to tell brightness from a pic or video as every camera and light setup would look different.
Old 03-27-2011, 12:45 PM   #10
TurboMike

its on ebay, seller trbomike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement