I'm tired of having to demand respect. - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

Go Back   Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com > Racing > Kill Section

Kill Section “Do unto others as you’d have them do unto you.”

» Auto Insurance
» Vendors

Old 06-01-2012, 02:09 PM   #1
PARALYZER

Default I'm tired of having to demand respect.

Very few people really know our cars, what we have, and its potential.
But everytime I come across a so called "worthy" opponenet, I have to always let them hear my exhaust by goosing it or reving to get them to bite.
No different last night. I am cruising the Mexican Highways looking for victims as usual when I come up on an 1992-1996 LT-1 Corvette. Still had square tips, so I am guessing totally stock.
Pull next to him going 65....look over at him....I take off, but not at WOT. But enough for him to know I have a V8 and I think I can take him. (I had no doubt)
I slow down and he comes up fast to line up. Hooked him! You know, some Vette owners....the ones that really don't know cars, actually believe no matter what you have, you can't beat them.
Anyway.....we both take off, and I pull on him so hard I swear he wasn't racing. He is in my rear view mirror so fast, and fading quickly. To the point I felt bad. Musta been a fluke right? He comes back. This time I let him punch first.....same result.
I really believe he was taught a hard lesson. I know he had no idea it would end that way. I try to make it a point to know the performance of every car.....and try to learn what they can do with mods. I know what, and what not to mess with. That was the only action I could find all night so I am not really that proud of this kill. Sometimes proving a point on behalf of all G8's is what must be done.

Current Toys:
2009.5 PBM G8 GT
Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, AFR Intake, HP Tune by "OBSSSD", Magnaflow Catback

Intake/Cortex: 13.20@105.8
Headers/Catback/Tune: TBD

in garage..
2008 Suzuki Hayabusa 9.48@140
PARALYZER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2012, 03:20 PM   #2
danlewis

nice kill. even the LT1 corvettes can spank most cars. anyhow i always liked the phrase "respect is commanded, not demanded"

I think you commanded.
CBI Street Cars
DSX Tuning
danlewisracing.com
danlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 03:25 PM   #3
AuggieDosta
IdontRe Member

yeah, you pushed him first.

but nice story any way you put it.
#1,693 of 1,829 and #29 of 35 as optioned (1 of 56 SBM's)

'01 Chevy Silverado LT (4x4) 6" IFS lift, 35" tires
AuggieDosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 03:28 PM   #4
GrandPrixRollsOut

who cares what other people think? That may solve your problem right there IMHO. Just drive and enjoy the car. People are stupid.

GrandPrixRollsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 03:42 PM   #5
jbak

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandPrixRollsOut View Post
People are stupid.
I noticed that too.
jbak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 03:52 PM   #6
Jeff92se

Keeps the cops from noticing you too.
Jeff92se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 05:08 PM   #7
RossD
09 LR G8 GXP 6M (#1420)

It's like George Carlin said, think of how stupid the average person is, and then ponder the fact that half of them are dumber than that.
Old 06-01-2012, 07:11 PM   #8
PARALYZER

Good points.....lol

Current Toys:
2009.5 PBM G8 GT
Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, AFR Intake, HP Tune by "OBSSSD", Magnaflow Catback

in garage..
Old 06-01-2012, 07:24 PM   #9
Screw991le
Red Sox Nation !!!

LT1s are no match, the LS1 C5s were a better match.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:23 PM   #10
n1smo
Armyav8tor

Respect is earned on the track. I don't give anyone the time of day on the streets but you bring it to a road course and I'll show you who's boss.

Videos Pics
n1smo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:53 PM   #11
PARALYZER

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1smo View Post
Respect is earned on the track. I don't give anyone the time of day on the streets but you bring it to a road course and I'll show you who's boss.
sooo, if you prove your point on the street, you dont earn respect?
So the supercharged G8 pulling on a terminator Cobra, or the TT Gallardos totally destroying N20 bikes and 1,400 hp Supras on the freeways of Houston do not earn respect because it was done on the street? Thats a point that is going to be hard to prove.

Current Toys:
2009.5 PBM G8 GT

in garage..
Old 06-12-2012, 08:55 PM   #12
PSMG8GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARALYZER View Post
So the supercharged G8 pulling on a terminator Cobra, or the TT Gallardos totally destroying N20 bikes and 1,400 hp Supras on the freeways of Houston do not earn respect because it was done on the street? Thats a point that is going to be hard to prove.
Preach.
GXP DIFFUSER
FULLY DEBADGED
TSW NURBURGRING 20X8.5/9.5 WITH NITTO INVO 255/35 285/30
PSMG8GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:00 PM   #13
n1smo
Armyav8tor

Quote:
Some of us don't like to street race. If you have something to prove, prove it on the track. It would be an irritation if someone rev'd their engine next to me acting a fool trying to get me to race them and their feelings will get hurt when their request is ignored.

Videos Pics
Old 06-12-2012, 09:22 PM   #14
Terp4life

Quote:
Some of us don't like to street race. If you have something to prove, prove it on the track. It would be an irritation if someone rev'd their engine next to me acting a fool trying to get me to race them and their feelings will get hurt when their request is ignored.
I'm really confused. You come on the board to tell us you were the m3 that raced one of our members on the street. And now you say you don't street race?
Terp4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:59 PM   #15
waverunner

Stalker, troll, which one.. Why lurk around on a board if you gonna act and say things like that.. almost everyone has done a little street fun once or twice... Nobody even questioned you or your car so why the crappy attitude man. If you wanna blow your horn about how I will destroy you on the track, blah... blah... blah, go blow it somewhere else. I don't say much on these boards, but this is a section about racing, what did ya expect to get here..
Old 06-13-2012, 04:37 AM   #16
The Yeti
'Mod'erator

Hey guys, before this gets into a bashing contest and name calling or whatever, lets just make sure we do not derail the OP's thread.

We all know this is the Kill section which talks about street racing occasionally. For those not interested in that subject you are more than welcome to visit the track sub forums.

I absolutely respect everyone's opinions and feed back to these threads, but lets not detract from the OP's story.

Thanks guys.

Pat G Tune & DOD cam, Rick C Intake & TB, 4IN LS7 MAF, Ported stock Heads, Circle D 2600 Stall
VCM CAI, OBX Exhaust, SLP UDP,H&Rs, Koni Shocks
BP catch can, BMR Susp/bush/chasis, Brembo's, Slotted/Drilled Rotors, 3.27 Gears, Zex Wet Shot

Bolt ons Street tires
12.649@107.817 60ft 1.96 Da 700ft

Heads/Cam pre stall Street tires
12.16@114.2 60ft 1.75 Da -200

After Stall
11.82@115.9 60ft 1.66 DA 400ft

Zex 125shot
11.48@124 60ft 1.83 DA 2000ft
second gear pull
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:50 AM   #17
n1smo
Armyav8tor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terp4life View Post
I'm really confused. You come on the board to tell us you were the m3 that raced one of our members on the street. And now you say you don't street race?
Quote:
Originally Posted by waverunner View Post
Stalker, troll, which one.. Why lurk around on a board if you gonna act and say things like that.. almost everyone has done a little street fun once or twice... Nobody even questioned you or your car so why the crappy attitude man. If you wanna blow your horn about how I will destroy you on the track, blah... blah... blah, go blow it somewhere else. I don't say much on these boards, but this is a section about racing, what did ya expect to get here..
I don't street race, period. Don't know where you got this idea that I raced one of the members here. The only reason why I came here was because my Youtube video was linked to the board and when I saw that there were some questions/ guess work on what was done to my car, I registered to answer those questions.

Most forums doesn't condone street racing and posts like these are exactly why. If you want to street race with your buddies then fine (not really), but if you go out instigating **** on the street when I'm just trying to have a relaxing drive with the family then I have a problem. And yes, I will destroy any of these "street racers" on the track.

The title of this thread caught my attention and the contents rubbed me the wrong way. I'm surprised that someone hasn't tried to set this guy straight. Driving like a douche around "worthy" cars is not a way to earn respect because not all of us are 18 yr old. Enjoy your car, if you want to be competitive then take the car to the track. You'll find that in all cases, the car is much more capable than the driver and it'll give you something to strive for. It is much more adrenaline pumping and everyone there is game.

Videos Pics
Old 06-13-2012, 07:51 AM   #18
todds87ss
Car RamRod

[
no...HULK must not...not green...arrrgghhhh!!

OK, now you've done it. I absolutely have to reply...dammit.

Quote:
NO. you will never earn "respect" on the street. Too many factors and a completely uncontrolled environment to say it's a fair contest. I'm not real sure why you feel you need validation from the same fool ricers who, once challenged, will not get out of the gas until well after you have tapped the brakes - yes, the old ricer fly by. I'm not completely against the occassional fun run, but respect? nope.

Quote:
Most forums doesn't condone street racing
The title of this thread caught my attention and the contents rubbed me the wrong way.
True, with a disclaimer that since folks do it, there is a place to post about it. Almost all of the forums I frequent have a street kills section. I think what caught your attention is the same thing that caught mine. The- I'll call it - attitude of the OP who thinks that his hard work is validated by children driving daddy's car on the freeway. Reputations and respect are earned at the track; whatever type you choose to run on. To the OP, I hope you are playing it as safe as possible on the street. I hate to see innocent folks pay for the entertainment of others.

... now I must go release the monster...
todds87ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:05 AM   #19
Norm8332
G8 GT GUY

Do some appearance mods, lower it, new wheels/tires, and make sure it's loud and you will get more noticed. Your car is a sleeper now, why would someone bother testing you on the road.

Norm8332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:50 AM   #20
ColdFuzion

I get more adrenaline from pulling up to a light and thinking something may go down than waiting 45 minutes in a staging lane for 9-13 seconds of fun. To each their own.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement