I'm very curious about this - 2 stroke marine oil as additive for fuel - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

Go Back   Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com > G8 Tech > V8 Engine Tech (L76/LS3)

» Auto Insurance
» Vendors

Old 08-30-2012, 09:25 PM   #1
deezomaxima
MUSCLE Biotch!

Default I'm very curious about this - 2 stroke marine oil as additive for fuel

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f48/been-testing-91206/

I'm going to try this on the Maxima first since I drive it more and see how things pan out. Many are getting good results in creating a more efficient and a smoother running engine.

Morimoto - Mobile 1 - Harbor Freight - 3M - Spectre - Superchips Flashpaq - Elemental LED - SuperBrightLED - TCW3 Fuel Additive

Last edited by deezomaxima; 08-30-2012 at 09:45 PM.
deezomaxima is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2012, 09:35 PM   #2
MeanGreenZ71

Tried it on my 89 mustang DD and I use it in my 95 Sierra some. I really didnt see much of a mileage increase but I use it every so often to lube the fuel pump and keep any buildup in the cylinders cleaned off. I used it about every 3-4 tanks of fuel. I dont use it in the G8 but I do add Lucas Top Cylinder Lube every couple tanks of fuel.
MeanGreenZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:56 PM   #3
Jesse_gp_gt

Sounds promising to help get rid of that "lifter tick" that GM says is perfectly normal for our engines....
Drives me crazy so if in the least it reduces that noise then I'll call it a win in my book!
2008 G8 GT #680 of 1st 888
Liquid Red w/ Black Stripes
Currently stock w/ Flowmaster axlebacks, Roto-Fab CAI
Jesse_gp_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:26 PM   #4
08BLKGT

seems like it would be smokey
08BLKGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:09 AM   #5
deezomaxima
MUSCLE Biotch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08BLKGT View Post
seems like it would be smokey
Read the thread. The OP has been testing this since 2008 with positive results.

No one complained of blowing smoke but you will have to add the proper amount to keep the car from running worse. Guys on Maxima.org org only complained of a bad smell but it depends on the brand you use. Some people don't get the smell at all.

Morimoto - Mobile 1 - Harbor Freight - 3M - Spectre - Superchips Flashpaq - Elemental LED - SuperBrightLED - TCW3 Fuel Additive
Old 08-31-2012, 07:41 AM   #6
MeanGreenZ71

Never had any smoke with the proper amount. It isnt enough to smoke just enough to add a little lubrication to your fuel.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:08 AM   #7
Turbo301

That's a very interesting concept! I still wonder about catalytic converter contamination: it's a long thread, so I didn't get all the way through it, but has anyone ever done an emissions test to see if their cats have been affected? Even if the 2-stroke oil removes deposits and cleans up the engine, isn't there still a chance of that debris fouling the cats (plus the debris from the burning oil)?

Mods: K&N air filter, AEM Brute Force short-ram, Solo Mach Balanced + HFCs + resonators, Livernois ECM/TCM tune(s), gorgeous wife mod
Other cars:
1996 Caprice Classic: dark cherry, LT1, B4U
1977 Mercury Cougar XR7: light jade metallic, rare 302/low-option Ontario car
Turbo301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:52 AM   #8
GT Drew

That is an excellent way of lowering your octane and inducing knock into the engine. Fu(kin' brilliant. Those are OLD tricks are for high mileage engines from decades ago. They have no place here. I have NEVER heard of an LS motor with top end oiling problems. My outboard,weedwacker and chainsaw are the only ones that get 2 stroke oil. Not my car.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:04 PM   #9
ZIm

I think there is a reason why they specifically state that one brand of oil is 2- stroke...and the other...well normal, as we know it...

2-stroke engines run at higher RPM's, are air cooled, have No emissions and require the specific lubricant that probably has lots of zinc, and maybe lead (as in the old gas back in the day (leaded and un-leaded))

I would think this oil would clog the cats and give a bad reading on the 0xygen sensors....which may cause other problems...

If the corvette engineers aren't using 2 stroke oil to keep the corvette engine cool and lubricated in the Zr1....I doubt it be good in any 4 stroke engine....

but good luck!
Trunion upgrade
Lingenfelter CNC Ported LS3 Heads with hollow stem intake valves & Inconnel exhaust valves with Patriot extreme dual springs and Titanium retainers
Magnuson 2300 supercharger
CTS-V fuel pump by vapor worxs
LS9 injectors
DoD delete Cam Stage 1
Complete Spohn suspension upgrades front and rear
Rear cradle bushings
Spohn body brace
Aero gauges (pod)
Koni shocks
ZIm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:07 PM   #10
Back in a Pontiac

someone tell member christruck1 over on that forum that regular 2 stroke oil will NOT mix with E85, he needs a castor based 2 stroke like Klotz Benol.
Back in a Pontiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:58 PM   #11
BenG8
2008 G8 GT

I'm going to officially call total and utter BS on the entire idea/concept/theory and practice of adding any type of 2 stroke oil to the gas for any 4 stroke engine.

Anyone can type up a post with facts, figures and anything else they want. I sure as heck am not going to believe that one at all.
BenG8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 01:48 PM   #12
deezomaxima
MUSCLE Biotch!

Some of you guys are funny but hell, no one is telling any of you guys to try this.

From all of the reading I've done on this topic, it gives gasoline BETTER properties altogether. It keeps water out of the fuel system, lubricates the lines and upper engine. It also cleans combustion chambers and lubricates cylinder walls. It keeps injectors and fuel pump clean as well. If there were any negatives by doing this, it would have been posted after 4 years of the thread being on the LS1 site.

Soon as someone with a G8 does this and reports positive results, everyone and their momma will be on this bandwagon. If there are folks that have done this and have had negative result, please post it. It really means nothing to say it doesn't work without facts.

Some folks also said you can't run E85 in our cars because our fuel systems can't handle it. Now people are running E85.

Old 08-31-2012, 02:04 PM   #13
BenG8
2008 G8 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by deezomaxima View Post
Some of you guys are funny but hell, no one is telling any of you guys to try this.

From all of the reading I've done on this topic, it gives gasoline BETTER properties altogether. It keeps water out of the fuel system, lubricates the lines and upper engine. It also cleans combustion chambers and lubricates cylinder walls. It keeps injectors and fuel pump clean as well. If there were any negatives by doing this, it would have been posted after 4 years of the thread being on the LS1 site.

Soon as someone with a G8 does this and reports positive results, everyone and their momma will be on this bandwagon. If there are folks that have done this and have had negative result, please post it. It really means nothing to say it doesn't work without facts.

Right on deezomaxima!

I'm very certain that someone will be along shortly with certified dyno charts along with high resolution pictures of the combustion chambers-before and after from adding the 1oz per 5 gallons of gas along with a video and the signature of Mitt Romney and Barack Obama to prove the case.
Old 08-31-2012, 02:12 PM   #14
deezomaxima
MUSCLE Biotch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenG8 View Post
Right on deezomaxima!

I'm very certain that someone will be along shortly with certified dyno charts along with high resolution pictures of the combustion chambers-before and after from adding the 1oz per 5 gallons of gas along with a video and the signature of Mitt Romney and Barack Obama to prove the case.

Typical example of someone who hasn't read anything. Just so you know, there is a guy on that post that stripped his motor down after it gave out (for reasons othe than putting this additive in his tank) and reported back with what he found.

The way I see it, is if you don't care about this in any way, don't troll the thread with BS.

Last edited by deezomaxima; 08-31-2012 at 02:23 PM.
Old 08-31-2012, 02:20 PM   #15
BenG8
2008 G8 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by deezomaxima View Post
Typical example of someone who hasn't read anything. Just so you know, there is a guy on that post that stripped his motor down after it gave out (for reasons othe than putting this additive in his tank) and reported back with what he found.

The way I see it, is if you don't care about this in any way, don't troll the trhead with BS.
Sounds good deezomaxima.

Carry on!

Sounds like this idea is going to sweep the nation.

Last edited by BenG8; 08-31-2012 at 02:44 PM.
Old 08-31-2012, 02:23 PM   #16
deezomaxima
MUSCLE Biotch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenG8 View Post
Sounds good deezomaxima. Carry on. Glad to hear your engine is now running much better?
I haven't done this yet. First thing I'm going to do is TEST on my Maxima. It's my DD and I put the most miles on it. My GT says in the garage most of the time. If I see good results, I will try it on the G8.

Old 08-31-2012, 03:34 PM   #17
MeanGreenZ71

Exactly. I only have tried it in my 89 mustang and my 95 GMC. This stuff will not find its way into my G8. My old mustang seemed to idle smoother when the oil was added to the gas. I would say this stuff wouldnt hurt anything on older cars as long as you dont overdo it by adding too much oil. 2oz to 10 gallons is VERY diluted for anything.

Everything I read said to use 2 cycle marine oil since it is ash-less and should burn cleaner.
Old 08-31-2012, 06:51 PM   #18
Turbo301

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanGreenZ71 View Post
Exactly. I only have tried it in my 89 mustang and my 95 GMC. This stuff will not find its way into my G8.

I'm curious, why is it (or why do you think it is) okay for your '89 and '95 cars, but not for the G8? Older cars still have cats, fuel injection, etc.

Mods: K&N air filter, AEM Brute Force short-ram, Solo Mach Balanced + HFCs + resonators, Livernois ECM/TCM tune(s), gorgeous wife mod
Other cars:
Old 08-31-2012, 06:56 PM   #19
Turbo301

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT Drew View Post
That is an excellent way of lowering your octane and inducing knock into the engine. Fu(kin' brilliant. Those are OLD tricks are for high mileage engines from decades ago. They have no place here. I have NEVER heard of an LS motor with top end oiling problems. My outboard,weedwacker and chainsaw are the only ones that get 2 stroke oil. Not my car.
I actually wondered if it would retard the ability of the fuel/air mixture to ignite, thereby actually allowing for MORE timing? I'm not a chemist or anything, so I don't really know the properties of these things.

Other cars:
Old 08-31-2012, 07:55 PM   #20
deezomaxima
MUSCLE Biotch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beng8 View Post
Sounds good deezomaxima.

Carry on!

Sounds like this idea is going to sweep the nation.
fail.

Quote:
originally posted by beng8
sounds good deezomaxima. Carry on. glad to hear your engine is now running much better?

......now back to the originally scheduled program.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement