Revmax converter - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

Go Back   Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com > G8 Tech > Drivetrain Tech

Drivetrain Tech 5L40 A5 / 6L80 A6 / TR6060 M6 / ZF Rear Diff

» Auto Insurance
» Vendors

Old 11-07-2012, 03:43 PM   #1
hpjunke

Default Revmax converter

Has anyone heard, used or have an opinion about this converter? I can get one pretty cheap just was wondering what the deal is with these ..

Thanks guys
hpjunke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2012, 10:45 PM   #2
bluegoat06
HPT Pro Tuner

Hey Junke what'up, Sorry i've never heard of this company, i'm not a verter guru either way, but let me ask you, can you get it cheap because it was never used but being sold as used?, or cheap because you're getting the cheap version ? i did a search, and the stage 3 for the 6l80e is very cheap, but it might be possible is just a re-stalled stocker ?

We can go cheap with headers, but i wouldn't go cheap on a verter, not that i'm saying we should spend and arm and a leg in a triple clutch unit, but normally cheap verters are just remanufactured cheapo ones that wouldn't hold a lot in our cars, in this case, it might be possible that the stage 3 is a re-stalled stocker, but was it built as new and re-stalled, or rebuilt from a failed one, and then re-stalled ? or worst, a cheapo unit from another trans, re-stalled and built like one for a 6L80e trans?

Called them up and ask them what's the difference between stage 3 and 5, even the 5 is a little cheaper than a Yank ,Circle D, or Precision single disk. the difference between cheap converters is that they don't last too much in daily duties in performance applications, normally the clutch material is weak, and other components are not built to last, again, i don't want to discourage you from a deal, just evaluate your options with the manufacturer, and people who have had experience with this verter in other sites, i don't think you'll find many people who have had this particular brand around here.

Out of topic, did you get the cats setup ?

2009 G8GT , Gone But Not Forgotten
Comp 223/230 .610/.608 112+0 | PRC .650" Dual Springs | Comp Trunion Upgrade | Rotofab CAI | LS7 MAF |102 mm MAF Housing |Blox VS |1 3/4 Pacesetter LT's | 2.5" Header Back Custom Exhaust | Yank SS 3200 stall | Deep Sump 6L80e Pan Kit | B&M 70273 Trans Cooler |HPTuners Pro v2.24 | Street Tuned | 7.80@91.05mph 1.79 60'
bluegoat06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:28 AM   #3
hpjunke

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegoat06 View Post
Hey Junke what'up, Sorry i've never heard of this company, i'm not a verter guru either way, but let me ask you, can you get it cheap because it was never used but being sold as used?, or cheap because you're getting the cheap version ? i did a search, and the stage 3 for the 6l80e is very cheap, but it might be possible is just a re-stalled stocker ?

We can go cheap with headers, but i wouldn't go cheap on a verter, not that i'm saying we should spend and arm and a leg in a triple clutch unit, but normally cheap verters are just remanufactured cheapo ones that wouldn't hold a lot in our cars, in this case, it might be possible that the stage 3 is a re-stalled stocker, but was it built as new and re-stalled, or rebuilt from a failed one, and then re-stalled ? or worst, a cheapo unit from another trans, re-stalled and built like one for a 6L80e trans?

Called them up and ask them what's the difference between stage 3 and 5, even the 5 is a little cheaper than a Yank ,Circle D, or Precision single disk. the difference between cheap converters is that they don't last too much in daily duties in performance applications, normally the clutch material is weak, and other components are not built to last, again, i don't want to discourage you from a deal, just evaluate your options with the manufacturer, and people who have had experience with this verter in other sites, i don't think you'll find many people who have had this particular brand around here.

Out of topic, did you get the cats setup ?

hey dude!! yeah after reading what your response i think im gonna call them see what their deal is .. I had a re stalled inline 6 converter in my trailblazer ss which did alright it was a 3200 i cut 1.80s all day in it and i liked the way it drove even in the city .. the G though i know will be a little different and im afraid to touch a converter that i dont know about. The seller "claims" it drives like stock and that hes building a different combo which the converter is no longer suited for .. so thus the reason hes selling it . it has a couple thousand miles on it so hes selling it used . As far as the cats go i haven't yet I bought a house and my focus is getting this place but ill get them going soon . I want a converter to damn it !
hpjunke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:37 PM   #4
dandragonrage
Plastidip is awful

I don't know the brand, but I would agree that converters are something I'd take that kind of chance on. I'd spend the extra and get it from a company that I have at least some level of trust in such as Yank or Circle D, etc.

Car audio sale - now | Wheels & parts sale - soon
dandragonrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:29 PM   #5
Monte8009G8GT

Yank it and you'll get off quicker =).
364--forged rods/pistons stock crank.(Rick Crawford) Ported Heads,(Modified) Intake, TB. Vararam, Custom Cam, Kooks 1 3/4 LT, 2.5in custom exhaust, Yank 3000 TC, BMR SFC, H&R Springs. DDM HID's 8k-LB 3k-Fogs.

Dynoed 435whp 386wtrq with above setup 12.8@116 2.2 60ft BTTD.

Cam,Stall,LTH,CAI,Tune. Best time 12.7@110 1.9 60ft. Old Setup.

Dynoed 370whp 380wtrq
(w/LTH,CAI,Tune)Best time 13.1@105 Old Setup.

Monte8009G8GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:16 PM   #6
bluegoat06
HPT Pro Tuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpjunke View Post
hey dude!! yeah after reading what your response i think im gonna call them see what their deal is .. I had a re stalled inline 6 converter in my trailblazer ss which did alright it was a 3200 i cut 1.80s all day in it and i liked the way it drove even in the city .. the G though i know will be a little different and im afraid to touch a converter that i dont know about. The seller "claims" it drives like stock and that hes building a different combo which the converter is no longer suited for .. so thus the reason hes selling it . it has a couple thousand miles on it so hes selling it used . As far as the cats go i haven't yet I bought a house and my focus is getting this place but ill get them going soon . I want a converter to damn it !
Lol i hear you, i bought my house 6 months ago, and i had barely money to do the verter, no money for the cam , the verter left me broke though Lol, $1600 after everything was set and done with the verter, supporting parts and install, damn it. it's the most expensive setup i have in my car, but i guess whatever is needed to make the trans last longer, 80k miles on the car so far, and she's shifting like butter, never touched the seals, just a trans fluid change when i did the verter at 74k miles or so, and the oil was still red, go figures. knocking on wood as always

Comp 223/230 .610/.608 112+0 | PRC .650" Dual Springs | Comp Trunion Upgrade | Rotofab CAI | LS7 MAF |102 mm MAF Housing |Blox VS |1 3/4 Pacesetter LT's | 2.5" Header Back Custom Exhaust | Yank SS 3200 stall | Deep Sump 6L80e Pan Kit | B&M 70273 Trans Cooler |HPTuners Pro v2.24 | Street Tuned | 7.80@91.05mph 1.79 60'
Old 11-09-2012, 07:18 PM   #7
bluegoat06
HPT Pro Tuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monte8009G8GT View Post
Yank it and you'll get off quicker =).
This ^, do it, you won't regret it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement