sway bar bushings - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

Go Back   Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com > G8 Tech > Suspension / Brakes

» Auto Insurance
» Vendors

Old 11-27-2012, 12:17 AM   #1
hpjunke

Default sway bar bushings

ok so i heard this clunk sound yesterday as i was driving along so i parked it for the night and took it in to the dealer this morning .. the 3 year 36 is out but they came back and told me the right sway bar bushing is no good its a $140.00 fix i said NO but i dont know where to find bushings for it , the dealer said they would have to order but this car only has 33,900 on it so if i can , id like to upgrade them depending on price .. any suggestions guys?
hpjunke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2012, 01:19 AM   #2
Got 8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpjunke View Post
ok so i heard this clunk sound yesterday as i was driving along so i parked it for the night and took it in to the dealer this morning .. the 3 year 36 is out but they came back and told me the right sway bar bushing is no good its a $140.00 fix i said NO but i dont know where to find bushings for it , the dealer said they would have to order but this car only has 33,900 on it so if i can , id like to upgrade them depending on price .. any suggestions guys?

You just missed the sale that BMR had....I just ordered a sway bar package for mine a few hours ago after they opened up the sale for the rest of today...errr...yesterday...but either BMR or Pedders would get my vote...
Old 11-27-2012, 08:56 AM   #3
drewdog

do u have stock or aftermarket swaybars?

if stock, i'd buy the bushings off gmpartsdirect. if aftermarket, i'd look here:
http://www.energysuspension.com/univ...-bushings.html
(link for ones that fit BMR swaybar: http://www.energysuspensionparts.com...sp?prod=191185)

in either case, i'd have a reputable garage do the work; not the stealership.
Tints, Sharkfin antenna, passenger seat mod
drewdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:08 AM   #4
hpjunke

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewdog View Post
do u have stock or aftermarket swaybars?

if stock, i'd buy the bushings off gmpartsdirect. if aftermarket, i'd look here:
http://www.energysuspension.com/univ...-bushings.html
(link for ones that fit BMR swaybar: http://www.energysuspensionparts.com...sp?prod=191185)

in either case, i'd have a reputable garage do the work; not the stealership.
I will do the work myself , I THOUGHT it was under warranty but it just expired they said . I was looking for a replacement set either oem or aftermarket I will check it out .

thanks
Old 11-27-2012, 09:40 AM   #5
dandragonrage
Plastidip is awful

They're probably considering it as part of the 36k "bumper to bumper" warranty. Which is also what the dealership I bought my car did to me when the ENGINE oil sensor (an ENGINE PART) failed at about 37k. They screwed me over for a few hundred bucks because they claimed an ENGINE part wasn't covered under the powertrain warranty, and I was only about 800-1k miles over the B2B warranty.

Car audio sale - now | Wheels & parts sale - soon
dandragonrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:41 AM   #6
GT Drew

If you want OEM rubber bushings, just buy them from the dealers parts department. If you want an upgrade, buy poly bushings from one of our sponsors. Measure the bar so you get the right size. You likely have an 18mm rear bar. I'm installing White Line bushings on my car this weekend.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:17 PM   #7
Sweet Lou

If u still have the stock sways, order the BMR front sway, which comes with better bushings & brackets. The rear sway doesn't come with upgraded brackets but does come with the better bushings. I ordered them as a package & got a better deal! I installed them myself in a few hours! It's really not rocket science. Just have patience & take ur time! U won't regret spending the money cause your car will react!!
Sweet Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:36 PM   #8
hpjunke

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT Drew View Post
If you want OEM rubber bushings, just buy them from the dealers parts department. If you want an upgrade, buy poly bushings from one of our sponsors. Measure the bar so you get the right size. You likely have an 18mm rear bar. I'm installing White Line bushings on my car this weekend.
It's for the front but ill check around
Old 11-27-2012, 02:43 PM   #9
hpjunke

Any links to what I'm looking for ? Don't see bmr in the vendor list
Old 11-27-2012, 09:18 PM   #10
hpjunke

Any input on white line end links ? After taking a look I found that was the problem they run about 65 for both sides
Old 11-27-2012, 09:40 PM   #11
wyome

Got whiteline every where on the front end with stock size sways. I like em...front end feels a lil more responsive. So many decent brands out there...pick one and be happy.

Pedders has best instructions/forum for assistance
BMR has great prices, and is a forum sponsor who is always a PM away
Whiteline...great prices, minimal instructions...
Tuned by MAC Autosports of Parker, Colorado

Show: Little Trees US Flag Vanilla Scented Air Freshener; SLP Firehawk wheels...

The Track
Best 1/4: 13.969 @ 102.70mph @ Pueblo Motorsports Park
DA of 3921', with an actual elevation of 4662'
Pueblo, Colorado
wyome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:04 AM   #12
GT Drew

You can order Whiteline direct from the US distributor online. You are likely 23mm on your front sway bar. $20.61 for the front pair of bushings.
whiteline suspension parts dot com.
Advertisement