Livernois Mail Order Tune Question - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

Go Back   Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com > G8 Tech > PCM Tuning / Dyno Results

» Auto Insurance
» Vendors

Old 01-19-2013, 08:16 PM   #1
fastls199

Default Livernois Mail Order Tune Question

So I finally decided to install some headers on my G8 and i ordered a livernois mail order tune to go along with them because ive heard nothing but good things about livernois and Rick! Anyway, today I ran to the garage I keep my car at so I could read the stock ECM and TCM to send to Rick . The problem is I didnt see anywhere in the program to read the stock TCM. All I could do was read the ECM, but not the TCM. Did I miss something or does the program read the ECM/TCM together? Any help would be appreciated. I just want to make sure i didn't do anything wrong!

1999 Camaro Z28 - SOLD
2000 Trans Am WS6 - SOLD
2004 GTO - SOLD
2006 Grand Prix GXP -SOLD
fastls199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2013, 11:12 AM   #2
calhoun1

Just follow the directions on the sheet. If I remember correctly it is all there. And you may not need the TCM to send as i would think it would be the same across all stock GTs. It is mainly shift points and the like.
calhoun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:15 AM   #3
FancyJ83

I just recently installed the mail order tune from livernois. There is a separate program for the TCM if I remember correctly. Check the disc to make sure you didn't overlook it.
FancyJ83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:55 PM   #4
zepcom
Administrator

check in your start menu for the other programmer; it looks somewhat different, but similarly functioned. If using windows vista or windows 7, right click on the icon and select "run as administrator" for best results.

Make sure the USB cable is plugged in to both the car and laptop, and then you can turn on ignition-run (but not started) and wait approximately 5-10 seconds, then through the menus on the TCM program, do "read TCM" or "download TCM" or something like that (don't fully remember but should be straight forward).

If this is unhelpful, I recommend you PM Rick@Livernois for some support on this.

Good luck.

--zepcom

2009.1 ZEPCOM MGM G8 GT
Livernois tune, VCM OTR Intake, Custom ZEPCOM interior Electronics (PLXdevices AFR and DashBoss iPad datalogging) solutions
Kooks LT's, SOLO HFC's, SOLO Mach Unbalanced catback with take-off SLP tips.
SOLO J-pipes developed and perfected with my test mule!
www.youtube.com/zepcom

Customize Options
ZEPCOM Performance

zepcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:28 PM   #5
fastls199

Thanks for the help and replies guys! I went back through the program today and found the TCM Programmer. I was just too excited and in too big of a hurry to see it yesterday (funny how modifications do that to a guy). Anyways, I can't wait to see how these headers and a good tune wake the G8 up. I've heard nothing but good things. My headers should be in tomorrow so I am one excited and anxious guy right now

1999 Camaro Z28 - SOLD
2000 Trans Am WS6 - SOLD
2004 GTO - SOLD
Old 01-20-2013, 01:57 PM   #6
silentlegion

so how dos it work you download the info from your car and send the device back to them to right the tune or do you send a file to there email or something and they write a tune back like the next day or something? I have the hp tuners but i have messed with it to much to destroy my engine so i want something that i dont have to do so was just checking this out and seeing how it works.

Mods: HID's, New Engine, New Tune, VCM OTR CAI, 1 7/8 ARH to Solo exhaust, Spoiler, Gxp rear defuser, Custom Sound System, Suspension, Brakes, and lowered.
silentlegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:07 PM   #7
fastls199

yea, basically they send you all the cables and the interface to hook your laptop to your vehicles OBD II port. All you have to do is install the software on your computer (which they send also). Then you just read your stock files and E-mail them to Rick at Livernois along with a list of mods, what octane of fuel you use, etc. and they will make a tune for it and send it back to you via e-mail so that you can download it to your car.

1999 Camaro Z28 - SOLD
2000 Trans Am WS6 - SOLD
2004 GTO - SOLD
Old 01-21-2013, 09:28 AM   #8
zepcom
Administrator

subscribed for results

2009.1 ZEPCOM MGM G8 GT
Livernois tune, VCM OTR Intake, Custom ZEPCOM interior Electronics (PLXdevices AFR and DashBoss iPad datalogging) solutions
www.youtube.com/zepcom

Customize Options
ZEPCOM Performance

Old 01-21-2013, 11:54 AM   #9
Sales@Livernois
Site Sponsor

Hi Justin,

Sorry for the late reply. I sent the updated files back this morning. Once you get some time to drive it, let us know what you think.

Thank you,

Rick

Livernois Motorsports

CNC Cylinder Heads, Rotating Assemblies, Short Blocks, Performance Parts, Dyno Services, Fabrication and Machine Shop Services

Click here to take a video tour of the shop
Sales@Livernois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:14 PM   #10
fastls199

Well I finally got my headers and tune installed and had a little time to take the G8 on a little test ride.I took it easy though just to make sure there were no exhaust leaks and everything was working as it should. So far everything feels solid. hopefullyI will have some time here in the next few days to take it out and really get on it and see how it feels. I will keep you all updated. O yea, she sounds MEAN .

1999 Camaro Z28 - SOLD
2000 Trans Am WS6 - SOLD
2004 GTO - SOLD
Old 01-23-2013, 03:30 PM   #11
BigV8

Glad you like the Livernois software/tune, I love mine. Just be sure to keep the stock files stored on something so you'll have them. You may decide to go back to stock for some reason.
09 GXP SRM A6 w/sunroof. Mods:Livernois Maggie 2.3, 3.0" pulley, 160 stat, KB Bap. Rotofab,Corsa, Kooks 1 7/8 mids, BMR,Pedders supercar coilovers, all Brembos, CTS-V rims, Hids, halos, leather console lid. HSV gauges. 502rwhp,479tq#873 of 1829 and 1 of 169 in SRM.
BigV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:32 PM   #12
zepcom
Administrator

Still waiting on results... come on now, at least give is a hint!

ha ha

2009.1 ZEPCOM MGM G8 GT
www.youtube.com/zepcom

Customize Options
ZEPCOM Performance

Old 01-25-2013, 05:19 PM   #13
Jeff92se

Question. I see people selling just the cables. What good do those do? You don't have the program and aren't the cables locked to a specific vin when you use them?
Jeff92se is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement