strange issue with my car - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

Go Back   Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com > G8 Tech > PCM Tuning / Dyno Results

» Auto Insurance
» Vendors

Old 02-14-2013, 09:28 AM   #1
hpjunke

Default strange issue with my car

I don't know what's going on here but my car has been acting strange over the past couple of days .. Abs fault , check engine light , contact dealer flash ,stability trac comes off and on speedometer jumps all over and stays in second it was totally normal until all of a sudden the speedometer jumps all over and all this stuff starting happening ... whats going on ? seems like a loose connection but where ? I also have a dashhawk which will go blank while all this happening to .. any ideas fellas?
hpjunke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2013, 11:21 AM   #2
GOPHERIT

Any chance you can disconnect that *dashhawk* and drive it awhile without it ? That might allow you to confirm or eliminate it, as the source of these problems.
GOPHERIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:50 AM   #3
hpjunke

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPHERIT View Post
Any chance you can disconnect that *dashhawk* and drive it awhile without it ? That might allow you to confirm or eliminate it, as the source of these problems.
I have but it does the same thing , I have also un plugged my ecu and it was fine driving 10 miles or so until today on the way to work

ok this morning the dash hawk was connected I unplugged it again and everything seems fine .. as i drove it around at my work . I haven't driven the car since monday evening for about 3 miles and so far so good .

Last edited by hpjunke; 02-14-2013 at 12:19 PM.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:34 PM   #4
Byoficr

Maybe a battery or loose connection?
catch can
Sport wheels plasti dipped
Slp exhaust
Byoficr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:52 PM   #5
bluegoat06
HPT Pro Tuner

HPjunke, how is it going dude, what have you heard about Fontucky?, damn it is been a big while since the last day we were there., Last i heard the owners were thinking to pitch money to finally raise a big wall to quiet down the noise in the track surrounding areas.

Like Gopherit said, i also think your Dashhwk might be having a little issue with your odb2 communication port, and might be causing this problem.

Try this,
Disconnect the battery from the trunk (negative cable)
Remove PCM and TCM fuses
Get a beer
re-install fuses back
Reconnect battery

Hope this would fix it, don't plug the dashhawk in the meantime and drive normal. if you don't see this conditions for days, consider replacing the dashhawk or if it's one of the new model ones, check the OS code to make sure you're running the latest release.

If this doesn't fix it, you'll have to take it to the dealer for diagnosis.

Good Luck.

2009 G8GT , Gone But Not Forgotten
Comp 223/230 .610/.608 112+0 | PRC .650" Dual Springs | Comp Trunion Upgrade | Rotofab CAI | LS7 MAF |102 mm MAF Housing |Blox VS |1 3/4 Pacesetter LT's | 2.5" Header Back Custom Exhaust | Yank SS 3200 stall | Deep Sump 6L80e Pan Kit | B&M 70273 Trans Cooler |HPTuners Pro v2.24 | Street Tuned | 7.80@91.05mph 1.79 60'

bluegoat06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:11 AM   #6
hpjunke

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegoat06 View Post
HPjunke, how is it going dude, what have you heard about Fontucky?, damn it is been a big while since the last day we were there., Last i heard the owners were thinking to pitch money to finally raise a big wall to quiet down the noise in the track surrounding areas.

Like Gopherit said, i also think your Dashhwk might be having a little issue with your odb2 communication port, and might be causing this problem.

Try this,
Disconnect the battery from the trunk (negative cable)
Remove PCM and TCM fuses
Get a beer
re-install fuses back
Reconnect battery

Hope this would fix it, don't plug the dashhawk in the meantime and drive normal. if you don't see this conditions for days, consider replacing the dashhawk or if it's one of the new model ones, check the OS code to make sure you're running the latest release.

If this doesn't fix it, you'll have to take it to the dealer for diagnosis.

Good Luck.
Hey d whats up bro? yeah i have heard about fontuckie and im looking forward to going back there however being a home owner now the g8 took a little time off from me and now its time to get these parts i got on it . hopefully taxes are good to me so i can get a stall , Both of you guys were right the dashhawk is messing up my car . I took it out completely and its fine now . its an older unit i had it in the tbss i will have to find another i liked that thing .I also wanna get my challenger out to fontuckie and see what it really is all about .. i just need to do some alignment stuff and i really wanna run that thing on slicks since i built it I never had it out on a track or a full on dyno but ill have to trailer it out there since its not freeway worthy but hopefully i can get both cars out that day ..
Old 02-15-2013, 05:21 AM   #7
Topher3134

Do u have different tire sizes front and rear? I know my camaro went crazy when it had tires on front and rear with too big of a difference in size.
Topher3134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:26 AM   #8
TexasG8GXP

My G8 has done this too sometimes and I ca only relate it to have my scanner hooked up to the OBD2 port. The only times its happened has been upon turning the scanner on.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:35 AM   #9
bostonf4$

Betchya it is the alternator going...thats exactly what mine did, if it goes into "battery saver mode" then I REALLY bet that's what it is.

I got an electrical burning smell in late September and once more in November, nothing ever came of it, and then this Monday I started getting all kinds of faults, ABS turning itself off along w/ ESP, battery save mode, alternator light, speedo/tach dropping etc.

Bad alternator was the culprit
'08 GT sport/premium, tints 20/35, 18" TSW nogaros w/ bridgestone blizzak winter, 19" sport oem w/ hankook evo summer, Philips crystalvision bulbs, debadged, Vararam OTR, JBA 1-3/4" LT's, ported TB, MF axlebacks, MF X-pipe, DBA-powerslot brakes, russel SS lines, hawk ceramic pads, GXP shocks/struts, lovells poly strut mounts, Slowhawk Tuned 344/356

Gone -'04 GTO A4 2.5" custom exhaust, sweet thunder muffs, H pipe, Z06 heads, Baer brake it, 20% tints, torrid red, AEM brute force intake, tuned
bostonf4$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:44 PM   #10
hpjunke

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonf4$ View Post
Betchya it is the alternator going...thats exactly what mine did, if it goes into "battery saver mode" then I REALLY bet that's what it is.

I got an electrical burning smell in late September and once more in November, nothing ever came of it, and then this Monday I started getting all kinds of faults, ABS turning itself off along w/ ESP, battery save mode, alternator light, speedo/tach dropping etc.

Bad alternator was the culprit
it was the dash hawk causing the issue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement