Looking for a GXP but.... - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

Go Back   Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com > G8 Community > Lounge

» Auto Insurance
» Vendors

Old 02-16-2013, 08:43 PM   #1
Jfireboy1

Default Looking for a GXP but....

Hey guys... just sold myv09 silver gt so I could get a GXP but Im running into a problem getting pre approved because the prices being asked are higher than n.a.d.a. None of the financial institution will do more than that. They wont use kbb either which is a little higher. Does anyone know anyway to get one financed without coming out of pocket with 4-5k, thanks
Jfireboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2013, 08:54 PM   #2
farsighted770

Save up the difference or just pay cash.

Sucks but those are your options.

March G8 Of the Month! Thanks so much guys!
farsighted770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:48 PM   #3
MotorCityG8

Did you try a credit union. Usually if your apart of one they are more lenient with lending money on certain cars than banks are.

I'm assuming your looking at ones that are around 33-34k because nada seems to be putting them around 29-30k

2008 G8 GT PBM / No Roof - SOLD

Go: Livernois Stage 1 Cam / Circle D 3000 Stall / Ported TB & Intake / Roto-Fab CAI / Pat G Tune / SLP Powerflow Axlebacks / OBX 1 7/8 LT w/3in midpipe / LS7 MAF

Show: Avant Garde M310 / Eibach & Fe3 set up / Plasti Dipped Wheel and Kidney grills / Debadged / Tint (20% windshield, 5% sides, 20% on top of 5% on the rear) / Bathurst Stripes.
MotorCityG8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:01 PM   #4
Jfireboy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorCityG8 View Post
Did you try a credit union. Usually if your apart of one they are more lenient with lending money on certain cars than banks are.

I'm assuming your looking at ones that are around 33-34k because nada seems to be putting them around 29-30k
Actually I'm a member of two credit unions and they are worse than the banks. They will only loan 90% loan to value.
Yes you are assuming rt on the ones I've looked at as well as on autotrader.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:26 PM   #5
Blade Runner

Thats strange I just put my car in the KBB.com and came up with a shade more than 37k.

Edit wow I just used nana 31.6k.

Nada does not even give the option for adding the 6 speed manual. Go figure

Funny part. The Black book (2013), which all dealers use for trade-in have dashes in place of a value. This is very strange for the Black Book. This very rarely happens.

Dyno Run http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCFFxUVGQAY

GXP G8 Music Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo6I7yVh5ng

Pictures http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/...607&t=HotRides
Blade Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:28 PM   #6
courtroom19

Line of credit.
courtroom19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:44 PM   #7
Skyview

Search around some more. I got my GXP financed at my CU 7 mo. ago with low APR.

Daily Fun - 2009 PBM GT, Sport & Premium, VCM, SOLO Mach Catback, Tune, L76 Oil Cap, Visor & Arrowhead Decals, Planned Soon: Top End Build by RCR and a few other goodies
Weekend Fun - 2009.5 Pacific Slate Metallic GXP, A6, Sunroof - Stock (#960, 1 of 18 as optioned)
Daily Hauler - 2006 Chevrolet Avalanche - CAI, HID's, Sail Panel LED's, LOF, Plasma
Two Wheel Fun - 2005 Honda VTX1300C
Skyview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:48 PM   #8
farsighted770

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtroom19 View Post
Line of credit.
"Loan value" is what's hurting him...

Not saying it's right but that's what it is.

These "line of credit" options only suck in that you either get hit on term or interest. And if you do a heloc your rolling the dice as to how or weather prime is gonna spike if the dollar flops or the market recovers.

Long and short of it is financially it's way smarter to come at this with cash

Old 02-17-2013, 12:14 AM   #9
courtroom19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfireboy1 View Post
Hey guys... just sold myv09 silver gt so I could get a GXP but Im running into a problem getting pre approved because the prices being asked are higher than n.a.d.a. None of the financial institution will do more than that. They wont use kbb either which is a little higher. Does anyone know anyway to get one financed without coming out of pocket with 4-5k, thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by farsighted770 View Post
"Loan value" is what's hurting him...

Not saying it's right but that's what it is.

These "line of credit" options only suck in that you either get hit on term or interest. And if you do a heloc your rolling the dice as to how or weather prime is gonna spike if the dollar flops or the market recovers.

Long and short of it is financially it's way smarter to come at this with cash

Ya, I agree. I think I misread the original post. I thought he was short 4 or 5K in cash. But now I read it as he doesn't have 4 or 5K to put down. ?

I used my line of credit to get me the extra cash I needed short term while my cash was tied up with other assets. Once I sold my bike I paid off my LOC.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:20 AM   #10
farsighted770

Quote:
Ya, I agree. I think I misread the original post. I thought he was short 4 or 5K in cash. But now I read it as he doesn't have 4 or 5K to put down. ?

I used my line of credit to get me the extra cash I needed short term while my cash was tied up with other assets. Once I sold my bike I paid off my LOC.
Makes sense.

I got a personal loan for like a grand just for the sake of establishing credit some time ago...My rate was disgusting. Like 12 percent or something like that.

Definitely not the way to go OP

Old 02-17-2013, 06:47 AM   #11
Jfireboy1

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyview View Post
Search around some more. I got my GXP financed at my CU 7 mo. ago with low APR.
Getting the loan or a good rate is not the problem. It finding a car I guess that is not over the loan to value. Ill keep looking around as I'm sure sooner or later ill find one that asking price is at or not much over loan to value. Does anyone know if one that has been wrecked although not bad is worth getting. This one I saw had to have a rear quarter panel and bumper skin replaced because the lady driving it slid on a wet road and hit a mail box. It was repaired with a gm quarter panel and bumper skin at a very good paint and body shop supposedly. Has about 34k miles. Asking $29,000 which is below nada but just not sure if I wanna pull the trigger on that one. Also it's not the color I really want either.... It's a white a6. Guy who has it now has kooks, Corsa exhaust, rotofab and tune. What do you think? Yay or nay? Seen pics and it looks really good just not my color.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:45 AM   #12
MotorCityG8

As long as its repaired good that's a good deal. Are you searching for a a6?

I'm trying to sell my GT right now also to get into a GXP but I'm going for a manual. I'm glad you brought this up though so I can see what kind of loans the banks are offering.

Go: Livernois Stage 1 Cam / Circle D 3000 Stall / Ported TB & Intake / Roto-Fab CAI / Pat G Tune / SLP Powerflow Axlebacks / OBX 1 7/8 LT w/3in midpipe / LS7 MAF

Show: Avant Garde M310 / Eibach & Fe3 set up / Plasti Dipped Wheel and Kidney grills / Debadged / Tint (20% windshield, 5% sides, 20% on top of 5% on the rear) / Bathurst Stripes.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:58 AM   #13
Jfireboy1

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorCityG8 View Post
As long as its repaired good that's a good deal. Are you searching for a a6?

I'm trying to sell my GT right now also to get into a GXP but I'm going for a manual. I'm glad you brought this up though so I can see what kind of loans the banks are offering.
The rates out there are good and loans available, that's not the issue. Issue is what's being asked verses what the actual retail value is. I'd like an m6 but am really up in the air with a6 or m6. I've been told by many that the a6 is faster but the m6 just feels rt in a sport car.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:07 AM   #14
courtroom19

Quote:
Does anyone know if one that has been wrecked although not bad is worth getting. This one I saw had to have a rear quarter panel and bumper skin replaced because the lady driving it slid on a wet road and hit a mail box. It was repaired with a gm quarter panel and bumper skin at a very good paint and body shop supposedly. Has about 34k miles. Asking $29,000 which is below nada but just not sure if I wanna pull the trigger on that one. Also it's not the color I really want either.... It's a white a6. Guy who has it now has kooks, Corsa exhaust, rotofab and tune. What do you think? Yay or nay? Seen pics and it looks really good just not my color.
If it was a write off & fixed on the side, I'd say don't get it.
If it was fixed by insurance @ a reputable body shop then I'd say grab it.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:55 AM   #15
MotorCityG8

Quote:
The rates out there are good and loans available, that's not the issue. Issue is what's being asked verses what the actual retail value is. I'd like an m6 but am really up in the air with a6 or m6. I've been told by many that the a6 is faster but the m6 just feels rt in a sport car.
The A6 is faster/less chance to screw up racing but I prefer the M6. I have money to put down also but was wanting to save it for mods.

Quote:
If it was a write off & fixed on the side, I'd say don't get it.
If it was fixed by insurance @ a reputable body shop then I'd say grab it.
Agreed

Old 02-17-2013, 12:41 PM   #16
Skyview

Quote:
Getting the loan or a good rate is not the problem. It finding a car I guess that is not over the loan to value. Ill keep looking around as I'm sure sooner or later ill find one that asking price is at or not much over loan to value. Does anyone know if one that has been wrecked although not bad is worth getting. This one I saw had to have a rear quarter panel and bumper skin replaced because the lady driving it slid on a wet road and hit a mail box. It was repaired with a gm quarter panel and bumper skin at a very good paint and body shop supposedly. Has about 34k miles. Asking $29,000 which is below nada but just not sure if I wanna pull the trigger on that one. Also it's not the color I really want either.... It's a white a6. Guy who has it now has kooks, Corsa exhaust, rotofab and tune. What do you think? Yay or nay? Seen pics and it looks really good just not my color.
What I meant was my CU financed the whole thing and that you might be able to find a bank or CU that would do the same for you.

Daily Fun - 2009 PBM GT, Sport & Premium, VCM, SOLO Mach Catback, Tune, L76 Oil Cap, Visor & Arrowhead Decals, Planned Soon: Top End Build by RCR and a few other goodies
Weekend Fun - 2009.5 Pacific Slate Metallic GXP, A6, Sunroof - Stock (#960, 1 of 18 as optioned)
Daily Hauler - 2006 Chevrolet Avalanche - CAI, HID's, Sail Panel LED's, LOF, Plasma
Two Wheel Fun - 2005 Honda VTX1300C
Skyview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:29 PM   #17
deezomaxima
MUSCLE Biotch!

Looks like people selling GXPs need to stop trying to get more than what they're worth just because.

Morimoto - Mobile 1 - Harbor Freight - 3M - Spectre - Superchips Flashpaq - Elemental LED - SuperBrightLED - TCW3 Fuel Additive
deezomaxima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:03 PM   #18
Zodiac
In the slow lane

There is a member on the other board selling a rebuilt one for $24k. Might want to contact him. From what I understand he does some good work.

2014 Ram 1500 QC Express
2014 Mazda6 Touring
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:05 PM   #19
Buford

Try Pentagon Federal... their rates are friggin low and ive gotten good loans on most cars
Buford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:29 PM   #20
Blade Runner

Just a little of free financial advice for you. I think it is great that you know what car you want and that you are trying to get it. Just be careful of over extending yourself. To many of todays young men and women find themselves overextending themselves on credit.
Make sure you look at the cost of ownership of this car. Call your insurance company and find out what full insurance is going to run you on this car. Also look at what this car is going to cost you to drive year round if that is your plan. Be honest with your self on mileage driven and what you can expect to pay in gas and service needed for this car. Oh one other thing. The G8 is not the greatest winter car but it can be used as one. So plan accordingly for that as well. Winter tires. I wish you luck and enjoy.

Edit: I just re-read your post and see that you owned a GT. I would still call your insurance agent to see if there is much difference. As far as gas milage. I am sure you already know this but will say just in case. The gxp does not have DOD and the MPG can be much different than you might expect. Again good luck.

Dyno Run http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCFFxUVGQAY

GXP G8 Music Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo6I7yVh5ng

Pictures http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/...607&t=HotRides
Blade Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement