Well, it happened again today...twice! - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

Go Back   Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com > G8 Community > Lounge

» Auto Insurance
» Vendors

Old 02-25-2013, 04:03 PM   #1
karlhungus

Default Well, it happened again today...twice!

After a few days of quiet, two people on separate occasions were gawking at the G8 today. "What is it?", "Australian?", "Pontiac?". It's amazing in a big city full of AMGs, Ms, GTRs and "S" cars, my little V6 still gets attention after almost 2 years of ownership. Issues aside, I'd do it all over again with ZERO hesitation.
Replaced with
09 WH GT, Solo Mach, HF Cats, CAI, LS3 Cam, Pat G Tuned, FE3, Whiteline, SuperPro, Centric/Hawk, DAI Autobahns 19x8.5/+35, RE760s
karlhungus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2013, 04:12 PM   #2
knglibrty

Most people here are DAAAAAAAAAAAAA'S...
2009.1 V6 STRYKER BLUE, TRADED IN 1/10/13
knglibrty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:06 AM   #3
Transporter

I get compliments all the time. So many G6's, so few G8's. The scoops and the front fenders just draw them in. And of course, once they hear the sound and see the quads, they know its something special.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:29 AM   #4
pony killer

I was waiting to speak to my one used car sales manager about something tonight. While I was waiting another salesman had commented how much he liked my car. It feels nice. Oh I also had a new kid start last week and we where talking. I mentioned I had a g8 and he was like sweet .
pony killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:59 AM   #5
todds87ss
Car RamRod

I only get questions when it's clean...

guess I should wash it up again.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:08 AM   #6
DURAMAXDAVE

Last time it was at the Dealer the service manger came upto me and said GM should of never got rid of the Pontiac line.
DURAMAXDAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:58 AM   #7
Bill in pgh

I have been asked several times what did it cost and how hard was it to get an LS3 into the car. When I say it's stock they always look puzzled and say O or ah then ask is the manual stock to. I will never sell this car!
2009 LR G8 GXP M6 #537 Born on 11/17/2008
2300 Magnuson 3.0 pulley,#60 injectors, KB BAP, 1 7/8 Kooks Mids with high flow cats, into X-Pipe into stock GXP axle back, (mid muffler/Resonator delete), Roto-Fab CAI, McLeod RXT Twin Disc Clutch, GForce axles, Hurst short throw shifter, BMR rear trailer arms. 555 RWHP 505 RWTQ.
Bill in pgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:33 AM   #8
GMCustomerService

Quote:
Originally Posted by pony killer View Post
I was waiting to speak to my one used car sales manager about something tonight. While I was waiting another salesman had commented how much he liked my car. It feels nice. Oh I also had a new kid start last week and we where talking. I mentioned I had a g8 and he was like sweet .
Thatís awesome! The G8ís always catch my eye when I see them on the road in my neck of the woods.

Michelle, GM Customer Service

GMCustomerService is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:45 AM   #9
knglibrty

Default Re: Well, it happened again today...twice!

Shows money over what makes sense as far as GM thinks. A oxymoron , GM And thinks, surly DOESN'T GO TOGETHER! !!!
Sent from a Former nucluar missile silo.
2009.1 V6 STRYKER BLUE, TRADED IN 1/10/13
knglibrty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:52 AM   #10
Belo

Quote:
Originally Posted by todds87ss View Post
I only get questions when it's clean...

guess I should wash it up again.
especially after a good wax. the silver shines and the rims are sparkly.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:53 AM   #11
Scholl26

Quote:
Originally Posted by DURAMAXDAVE View Post
Last time it was at the Dealer the service manger came upto me and said GM should of never got rid of the Pontiac line.
I second this. Every time I take mine in, the garage stops what they are doing and look over my car. Two of the GM techs always ask about the G8board so they can look for a G8 GT or GXP. And when I leave, I always get compliments and encouraged to come back and say how beautiful the car is. Other customers while coming in have also routinely asked what type of car it is, and then ask why GM would discontinue it. It really is sad without Ponitac, but always brings me a smile when people go out of their way to look and compliment it.
30% tint, VG Sharkfin, Interior LED swap out, (Concept dart swap out pending)
Plastidip'd all chrome
Cat Back MagnaFlow Exhaust
VMR v710 Matte Black 19" (F8.5"/B9.5")
317 RHP and 316 Rftlb on Mustang Dyno
Scholl26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:38 AM   #12
Belo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DURAMAXDAVE View Post
lets be honest though. The last 10 years of pontiac have been pretty poor. The grandprix and grandam had a good run. the sunfire and g6 were good little cars but chevy had a counterpart. And the camaro/firebird were also essentially the same car and the camaro was only recently revived. The last grandprixs didn't sell well, the torrent and aztec and G5 were junk. The solstice and G8 were really the only decent rides and they were niche vehicles. I dont like that pontiac went away but we so soon forget that GM almost went under and some tough decisions needed to be made.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:40 AM   #13
Merrick6.0GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belo View Post
lets be honest though. The last 10 years of pontiac have been pretty poor. The grandprix and grandam had a good run. the sunfire and g6 were good little cars but chevy had a counterpart. And the camaro/firebird were also essentially the same car and the camaro was only recently revived. The last grandprixs didn't sell well, the torrent and aztec and G5 were junk. The solstice and G8 were really the only decent rides and they were niche vehicles. I dont like that pontiac went away but we so soon forget that GM almost went under and some tough decisions needed to be made.
All very true, the Solstice and the G8 were and are awesome cars the G6 also a nice car, I think GM should have droped GMC and the crappy Pontiacs and kept the good ones and continued to work towards bring over more of the Holden line. The UTE would have been a blast to drive. I know lots of people love their GMC but really it is a dressed up Chevy truck, what do they have that Chevy does not??? I ask as I really can't tell the difference other than name and grills and badging.
Merrick6.0GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:09 PM   #14
jackalope

Mine's 100% de-badged, lowered with staggered fitment Concept One RS8's, and running LT headers with no mufflers. I get asked TONS of questions about mine all the time.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:09 PM   #15
RoflsupG8

When I repurchased within 5 minutes at the gas station (thanks Ford dealership for empty tank) I immediately got a compliment by someone with chicken wing sauce all over his face. I'll take it!

09 G8 GT Stryker Blue Metallic, Premium & Sport Packages, Magnaflow Catback, Tinted Windows, Mudflap Delete , Clear Side Markers (Neondials), VG Sharkfin, GXP Diffuser, Redline Center Console, Infinity Kappa speakers, more to come!

RoflsupG8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:57 PM   #16
todds87ss
Car RamRod

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
Mine's 100% de-badged, lowered with staggered fitment Concept One RS8's, and running LT headers with no mufflers. I get asked TONS of questions about mine all the time.
you would have muffs, but someone swiped them!!!

Could not resist! lol
Old 02-26-2013, 05:09 PM   #17
jackalope

Quote:
Originally Posted by todds87ss View Post
you would have muffs, but someone swiped them!!!

Could not resist! lol
Yeah Yeah Yeah....Ha Ha veeeerrry funny. But for my Solo axle backs I used longer bolts and nuts so there at least a little more difficult to remove.
Advertisement