Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags

1-20 of 107 Results
  1. Exhaust Tech
    Hey Y’all, I’ve been considering adding Jpipes to my exhaust system. Has anyone used jpipes on an Xforce exhaust before? Please post a pic, video, or sound clip if you have any! The pictures below are of my current setup! 1 3/4 Headers
  2. Exhaust Tech
    I want to put side pipes on my G8 but if I was to run them the normal way, they would be too close to the gas tank or too close to the ground. I saw a picture of a commodore that had side pipes in the rockers. How much room is in the rockers? Is it possible to run side pipes through them? I...
  3. Exhaust Tech
    Engine code help Calling all Technicians, Lol! I did cat delete, & headers, and I know I need to get it tuned. Here's the codes I'm getting: P0443 Purge Solenoid Valve Control Circuit P3441 & P3449 Cylinder (1,7,6,etc...about 4-5 cylinders) Deactivation Solenoid Valve Control Circuit P0135 H02S...
  4. Parts for Sale
    Complete from front to rear, 3" Solo Cyclone w/Kooks catless connections, 3" intermediate pipes, 3" axle backs with j-bends, 3.5" quad tips. Includes all hangers, clamps, etc. System has roughly 500 miles on it. Fits perfect, zero issues, just looking to tone it down a notch. Will entertain...
  5. Parts for Sale
    Used 2.5" solo cyclone cat back for sale. $700 , will ship on buyers dime. Located in 19154
  6. G8 Talk (V6)
    I believe I have found the best exhaust set up for the g8 v6. This is perfect in sound, raspy to say the least but sounds incredible from the outside. Loud enough to get attention and sweet enough to want to drive it all day every day. This is my set up. Headers & manifolds: stock Catalytic...
  7. Parts for Sale
    Hey all I got some parts to let go of Borla cat back exhaust for sale looking for - 500 OBO Good driveshaft W/ new carrier -100 OEM shifter - 100 Fuel tank W/new pumps - 100 Nitto NT555g2 255/45/18 Located in Denver,CO
  8. Exhaust Tech
    Either right after the headers or after the x-pipe. Not sure which one to go with.
  9. Exhaust Tech
    Don’t know if this is the right group for this but my exhaust is sounding extremely off when the engine is cold I can take a video off the noise don’t know what it could be. Also the car vibrates a little when idling or stopped just had a timing chain kit out in last week.
  10. Exhaust Tech
    Alright this is like going to be hard to describe but basically the exhaust sounds like it’s alternating between the exits in low rpms especially when the engine is cold. Can hear it pretty well around 2000 rpms just wondering what could be the cause I’ve got a xpipe in the mid and straight...
  11. Wanted to Buy / Trade
    No longer looking.
  12. Exhaust Tech
    I’ve been dragging my feet for the last year on whether to upgrade my exhaust, and I think the time is coming to do so! My main concern now is making sure I don’t do something way too loud (I do want it to scream at WOT though). I have an x-pipe with solo axlebacks currently, and I’ve seen some...
  13. Exhaust Tech
    Hey there! Back with another question. The shop says I should replace the center pipe/resonator, so Im looking around for an x pipe to replace it with and some new mufflers. I keep seeing everyone else giving different sizes for the diameter. Is it 2.5 or 2.25?
  14. G8 GT Talk (V8)
    Hello, does anyone have G8 GT stock mufflers by any chance?
  15. Parts for Sale
    I bought these and then discovered I cannot use them with my current exhaust. Yes, I am getting Kooks long tube headers in the near future but will be connecting them to a non-Solo catback exhaust system. I thought I could modify these to work but then realized a solution where I will reuse the...
  16. Exhaust Tech
    My exhaust mods consist of Solo axle-backs and an x-pipe, and additional mods include a CAI and a Cortex tune. I've been doing a lot of reading, and I'm hoping to determine the best exhaust mod from here. My goals are HP and sound. My current sent up sounds really mean at startup, but not so...
  17. Parts for Sale
    I am looking to buy g8 GT cat back exhausts that are in pretty good shape. Let me know what you have an how much you are looking to get for them. I am in central NJ. Send a picture if possible! Thanks
  18. Exhaust Tech
    Hey all, I got a stock g8 gt I’m about to put Texas speed cam what’s my best option to change my headers without touching the rest of the exhaust? Is it even possible. If so what headers ?
  19. Parts for Sale
    V6 (LY7) Thermostat & Housing Brand New in Box GM Part #92249137 $50 Two (2) Exhaust Packings New in Package GM Part #92066863 $20/pair Two (2) V6 (LY7) Water Connection O-Rings New in Package GM Part #92066705 $10/pair Transmission Shift Rod Bushing (V6) New in Package GM Part #92191384 $10...
  20. Exhaust Tech
    I'm thinking about getting a SLP Loud mouth ehaust setup with an x-pipe and res delete how will it sound i want a deep and strong sound but not to expensive the SLP is $400 which idm spending
1-20 of 107 Results