I'm back! WhoTF are all you people? - Page 2 - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 03:30 PM

Uhmmm? I forget.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 10:01 PM
11 second bolt-on car!

I still lurk regularly.

2009 Stryker Blue Metalic G8 GT
Bolt-on G8 GT Record Holder. 11.82 @ 114 on a 1.60 60'
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 06:59 AM
Slowly gaining acceptance

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyKarter View Post
Damn, I guess I oughta' check in more often. You develop other interests, and when you check back in it's like there's been a junta. Did ya'll gather all the guys I knew, march them out and execute them or what? Anyway, I'm still here, still have the MGM, 83K, still driven once a week, to church, spoiling for a race all the way there and back, STILL can't get those Philistines in their 5.0's to race. Best car I ever bought. Original owner. Still not a leak anywhere. Still a hint of leather and new car smell...I SWEAR! Never had to take it back to the dealer when in warranty. Other than the headers/intake/tune, she is exactly like she sat when I drove her off the lot. Same fluids. (Did change the spark plugs though.) And she is still a national record holder and always will be. That's the main reason I never installed all those parts I've been buying over the last ten years. BUT...that is about to change...it's on:

We're the next round of owners, Gramps...
post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 08:09 AM

I'm still around too, also guilty of switching up cars.

2018 Red Quartz Tintcoat GMC Sierra 1500 Denali Ultimate
2016 Jungle Green Metallic Chevy SS - Sunroof/Spare/Stick *Traded 2/3/18*
2011 Radiant Silver Metallic CTS-V Wagon - Corsa Axleback, AirAid Intake *Sold 7/7/16*
2008 Panther Black Metallic G8 GT *Sold 6/11/14*
post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 10:07 AM

It's not adapt or die? It Modify and Go Faster

'09 PBM GT. #2 "Time to start modding again"
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 10:08 AM

10 year old car produced for 2 years. It's just not going to keep the momentum. Not many new products or things to do or learn unfortunately.

2009.5 G8GT Premium OnyxRed Interior
corsa catback, vararam intake, cortex tune
custom audio, sharksfin, HIDs, LED Fogs, 20" MRR GT1's
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 07:35 AM Thread Starter

So I drove the Ford Ranger to church this last Sunday. Damn if an M3 came around me from a right turn at a stoplight onto a completely deserted Sunday morning highway. Perfect situation. Had I been in the G8 it wouldn't have happened. Most frustrating thing about these...competition is nowhere around while driving your G8, but drive your truck...

2009 MGM GT: VCM CAI, ARH LT headers (no cats), Vector Tune, MT drag radials
Procharger D1SC still powering the box it came in January 2010, hiding somewhere in the back of my man cave.
PB: 12.533 @ 111.45 w/ 1.951 60' CLAIMING THE INTAKE/LT/TUNE/DR RECORD

"There are but three true sports...mountain climbing, bull fighting, and motor racing. The rest are merely games." Ernest Hemmingway
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 07:39 AM Thread Starter

How many G8's are left? Anybody have the stats?

2009 MGM GT: VCM CAI, ARH LT headers (no cats), Vector Tune, MT drag radials
Procharger D1SC still powering the box it came in January 2010, hiding somewhere in the back of my man cave.
PB: 12.533 @ 111.45 w/ 1.951 60' CLAIMING THE INTAKE/LT/TUNE/DR RECORD

"There are but three true sports...mountain climbing, bull fighting, and motor racing. The rest are merely games." Ernest Hemmingway
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 08:31 AM

Garage
I don't know Tony.... When I'm driving my old beater Sable around there's nothing... As soon as I get on the road with the G8, not only do the M3s want to mess around.... People in their little Corollas suddenly start whipping around in traffic (Usually after I gas it of the light). Even when I do that in the Sable (just to get a good laugh), the zippies are nowhere to be seen.....

They get visibly pissed off that the car they thought was zippy isn't..... So they try to compensate...

Then there was the guy in the 7 series (with the big motor).... I felt that I didn't beat him soundly enough until I found out what he had under the hood....

It's fun....

'09 PSM G8 GT - OPG Intake, DOD-Delete w/ Stage 1C 218/229 .600 Lift 117.5LSA, Kooks 1 7/8 Mids, Solo Axle-Back w/ X-Pipe, SuperPro Bushings (Front and Rear). BMR Sway Bars (Red)
Power: 400HP/392TQ

"If you want to criticize someone else's work, be sure that your own is in order first."

post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 10:44 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimal View Post
We're the next round of owners, Gramps...
Next round of owners needs to search more and ask less. it's already been done before, it's all here, been answered. We did it all 8 to 10 years ago. That's what's nice about a Forum verses Facebook, there's history, you can find it. And where's your respect, we aren't the Gramps (although we may be) we are those with knowledge and wisdom. Who do you think is answering the questions that have been asked a thousand times over with gracious compassion for the less experienced.

Ken's 2009.1 Pontiac G8 GT Pacific Slate Metallic -Premium
Rotofab CAI, Kook's 1 3/4 LTs, HF Cats, 3" X-pipe, GXP Mufflers, PLX WB O2 & Aeroforce gauges
Rick C Manifold/TB/LS3 valves/Little Lunati/Tune, BTR Spring kit, many appearance mods
VMR Solar Rain V701 Staggered 19x9.5+50 & 19x8.5+35, Hankook V12 285/35 & 255/40
Stoptech, HPS, 12.27 sec 114.6 mph 1/4, 1.96 60ft

Put Jesus Christ in the drivers seat
post #31 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dousail2 View Post
Next round of owners needs to search more and ask less. it's already been done before, it's all here, been answered. We did it all 8 to 10 years ago. That's what's nice about a Forum verses Facebook, there's history, you can find it. And where's your respect, we aren't the Gramps (although we may be) we are those with knowledge and wisdom. Who do you think is answering the questions that have been asked a thousand times over with gracious compassion for the less experienced.
asking doesn't hurt a board that is pretty slow with traffic. Generally though on busy boards I agree with searching more. A lot of searches I do come up with the threads from 2011. It's hard to know if all that information is still relevant.

2009.5 G8GT Premium OnyxRed Interior
corsa catback, vararam intake, cortex tune
custom audio, sharksfin, HIDs, LED Fogs, 20" MRR GT1's
post #32 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 10:12 AM
Slowly gaining acceptance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dousail2 View Post

Gramps, elders, whatever...

I agree that people need to search more, or dig up old thread, and I've learned the best thing to do is Google the question and let them serve up the posts from the board, because the search on this platform is ****ing awful.
Slizzo likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page