One of those how fast will my car be threads? - Page 2 - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com
Bench Racing ... what if? Theoretical comparisons between cars.

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-13-2016, 09:30 PM
11 second bolt-on car!

OK, the DA on your run was 2550 your ET corrects to 12.54 @ 111mph. If you knock .3 off your 60' with tires it should put you at 11.9-12.0. Better but I would expect a little bit more. Maybe you just need some more seat time or maybe the tune needs a tweak.
Brewcrew9 likes this.

2009 Stryker Blue Metalic G8 GT
Bolt-on G8 GT Record Holder. 11.82 @ 114 on a 1.60 60'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-13-2016, 09:37 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Won't argue with you there I definitely need more seat time, still confused about the DA thing what is it how do I figure it out?
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 10:09 AM

Here is how he calculated your DA and how you can in the future.

DA Calculator - Density Altitude Calculator Marion County International Raceway - DragTimes.com

It factors in your track's height in relation to sea level, temperature, baromic pressure and humidity. Basically gives you away to compare your times to others across the country/world. In a perfect world as close to sea level, low temps, low humidity and higher baromic pressure would yeild the lowest DA in which your NA car would perform at its best.

I agree with John a tire would help but you still are not showing much trap speed, my bolt on car in 2400DA a couple weeks ago was trapping 109-111 on street tires with a 2600-2800 stall. Are you spinning at each shift (off the line, 1-2, 2-3)? After you get a tire and you still aren't seeing much improvement I would look to have an outside party look at your tune.

Thunder Vein: 09 SBM GT, PatG Cam, VCM & ram air plate, HSRK, RCR intake, Powerbond 25%UDP, Taylor 10.4 plugs, Kooks 1 7/8>Kooks catted X-pipe system>Kooks axlebacks, Circle D Pro Seriers 2600-2800 Single disc, camaro deep pan, Derale trans cooler, 3.45s, PatG tune, GXP front bumper and rear diffuser

Bolt ons/
1/4: [email protected], 1.73 (950DA) on MT

Bolt ons+Cam/
1/4: [email protected], 1.63 (700DA)

post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 10:43 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Good to know thanks for clarification sorry if that was a newb question. For reference that track is known to be the worst in the central Ohio area, basically no prep and has marbles and grooves all over it, Im sure if I went to a better track I would probably pick up a few mph and drop a few 10ths also, but it was what was open when I was able to go do better than nothing.

For personal variation my Honda would run 13.40-50 at that track and I went 13.0-20 at National Trail Raceway which is the best track near me
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-15-2016, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madvtecbro View Post
Good to know thanks for clarification sorry if that was a newb question. For reference that track is known to be the worst in the central Ohio area, basically no prep and has marbles and grooves all over it, Im sure if I went to a better track I would probably pick up a few mph and drop a few 10ths also, but it was what was open when I was able to go do better than nothing.

For personal variation my Honda would run 13.40-50 at that track and I went 13.0-20 at National Trail Raceway which is the best track near me
Sounds like we can chalk up most of the slower times to the DA and track conditions. Hope to hear you get out and hit low 12's when it cools off some.

Thunder Vein: 09 SBM GT, PatG Cam, VCM & ram air plate, HSRK, RCR intake, Powerbond 25%UDP, Taylor 10.4 plugs, Kooks 1 7/8>Kooks catted X-pipe system>Kooks axlebacks, Circle D Pro Seriers 2600-2800 Single disc, camaro deep pan, Derale trans cooler, 3.45s, PatG tune, GXP front bumper and rear diffuser

Bolt ons/
1/4: [email protected], 1.73 (950DA) on MT

Bolt ons+Cam/
1/4: [email protected], 1.63 (700DA)
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-15-2016, 02:02 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Me too
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-17-2016, 10:24 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Went out again to same track tonight, still not much better but I did get a 12.73 at 109 with a 1.98 60ft on my first pass out, then got worse every run after that, DA was like 2670 according to that calculator thing. Im losing all my time in the 60 but I don't think there is much more to be had out of the tires I have
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-18-2016, 07:19 PM
every village has one

Don't worry, you'll get there

things are not as they appear to be.........

2009.5 LiquidRed/OnyxRed, Premium Package
e85 Surprise Package
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-26-2016, 05:51 PM Thread Starter

Garage
So I was having a problem getting the car to reach full stall which is about 3k for me, I was reading around trying to figure out some tips and found 1 that actually seems to work. Before I was seeing just over 2k, using this tip I got to almost 3k like 2800 probably.

So when you pull up to the line you left foot brake as always hard as possible then put the car in neutral and rev it a bit, like magic the brake pedal will sink down about another inch, then put it back in D or S and rev again the brakes well hold you back way more thus allowing higher stall speed. For me as I said it got me easily another ~750 rpm, I was blown away by this, and its quite possible that everyone else already knows this but I had no idea so figured I would share!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page