Wanted....PASSENGER side Hood scoop - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com
Wanted to Buy / Trade Post WTB or Trade for cars, parts, accessories

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 12:33 AM Thread Starter

Wanted....PASSENGER side Hood scoop

Want to buy a PASSENGER side hood scoop. Color doesnt matter as long as it has all tabs/ clips to mount. Please let me know what you have and how much you want for it. Thanks.

http://

2009 G8 GT (AKA daily driver):
Superchips Cortex, BC coilers, Spectre CAI, Custom Flowmaster Hushpower II catback 3" w/ h-pipe exhaust, 3.5" dual tips, GXP Front bumper conversion, GXP rear diffuser, Spyder LED tails, Maverick man carbon Spoiler, CTS-V rims...Recaro Toddler car seat.

1998 Z28 (AKA Beast)
WAY Too many mods to list....10.90 N/A street legal off the juice.

2016 Kia sorento
Stock...pure Comfort
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 01:42 PM

If you get lucky an find a good used one, super. If the price of *it* starts to approach the $300 mark, you have reached the price range of a brand new one, shipped to you.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 04:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPHERIT View Post
If you get lucky an find a good used one, super. If the price of *it* starts to approach the $300 mark, you have reached the price range of a brand new one, shipped to you.
Yup. I refuse to pay 300 for one vent. Lol. I found a few on ebay in the past for about 125. But I didnt need one at he time. Lol. If anything I'll epoxy the one I have. Just a small 1" crack.
Thanks anyways

Superchips Cortex, BC coilers, Spectre CAI, Custom Flowmaster Hushpower II catback 3" w/ h-pipe exhaust, 3.5" dual tips, GXP Front bumper conversion, GXP rear diffuser, Spyder LED tails, Maverick man carbon Spoiler, CTS-V rims...Recaro Toddler car seat.

1998 Z28 (AKA Beast)

2016 Kia sorento
Stock...pure Comfort

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-27-2019, 09:42 PM Thread Starter

Found one!! $120 on ebay!! Thanks for your help.

1998 Z28 (AKA Beast)

2016 Kia sorento
Stock...pure Comfort
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 10:20 PM
Low society member

You can get from a junked g8 in your local junkyard for half that
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 11:55 PM
Low society member

And plus i fixed my broken tabs since noone had info on how to i made my own way and it works perfect just like the oem tabs
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gettag8 View Post
You can get from a junked g8 in your local junkyard for half that
You might have more trouble finding a junked G8 lol

2009 SRM G8 GT w/ Premium Package

Current Mods:

Solo Axle Back Exhaust w 3.5Ē Tips + GXP Rear Diffuser

Planned Mods:

Replace all incandescent lighting with LED bulbs | Roto Fab CAI | Spyder Black Projector Headlights w/ LED DRL Bar | Holden iQ radio conversion | HSV Steering Wheel | Pypes LT Tri Y Headers
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 11:08 PM
Low society member

Every state ive worked in and thats quite alot of states theres always a g8 in a junkyard . PA , MI , MA, CT, NH , FL , WA, NJ , NY , IN , the list goes on although this user already found what he needed im sure anyone else could at a junkyard using car-part.com or anyother salvage part finder
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 11:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Every state ive worked in and thats quite alot of states theres always a g8 in a junkyard . PA , MI , MA, CT, NH , FL , WA, NJ , NY , IN , the list goes on although this user already found what he needed im sure anyone else could at a junkyard using car-part.com or anyother salvage part finder
Not here is hawaii....there is no more than 20-25 G8s total in the state spread between 8 different islands. And most of them are in good condition.

Ebay/ offer up/ online sites are gold!! Lol.

1998 Z28 (AKA Beast)

2016 Kia sorento
Stock...pure Comfort
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 04:19 AM
Low society member

Well Iím not going to hate On Hawaii but hereís your solution donít break the clips make the clips or you gonna have to join the rest of the lower 48 unfortunately lol
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 04:23 AM
Low society member

But anyway 808G8GT this is how i fixed mine rather then buying. I used and old solder gun and some random plastic pieces of similar thickness and cut to shape then molded together plastic with solder gun and then made a clip to anchor into the slot on hood and also had a stock clip to use as a model. Also put superglue on seam of where plastic was melted to surface just to be safe lol
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 04:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
But anyway 808G8GT this is how i fixed mine rather then buying. I used and old solder gun and some random plastic pieces of similar thickness and cut to shape then molded together plastic with solder gun and then made a clip to anchor into the slot on hood and also had a stock clip to use as a model. Also put superglue on seam of where plastic was melted to surface just to be safe lol
My entire vent was cracked. Like someone tried to pry it off my car to steal it. The tabs were in tact. That's why they couldnt steal it. It cracked on the smallest edge of the opening of the scoop. But Thanks for the info anyways....but like I posted earlier I found one on Ebay in awesome condition back in January.

1998 Z28 (AKA Beast)

2016 Kia sorento
Stock...pure Comfort
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page