Best Price on Kooks Catted Mid Lengths - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com
Exhaust Tech Headers, Catbacks, Mufflers, lack of mufflers

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-25-2016, 12:01 PM Thread Starter

Best Price on Kooks Catted Mid Lengths

What is the best price for in stock headers you have found on the Catted Mid-Lengths?

Best I have found is $886.00, with free shipping. Waiting on confirmation if they are in stock. Anyone had any luck getting them cheaper?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-26-2016, 09:19 AM
CCG8 Member

MD Speed usually can give you a good price, the catch is you're gonna end up waiting for them. They end up adding your order to a larger stocking order to keep the cost down and once Kooks builds them they make their way to you.

Matt Jones
2009 WH G8 GT Vararam/Kooks LT's/Corsa/BLP Probationary LL 219/223 .612/.615 112LSA/3.45s
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-26-2016, 11:13 AM

To the OP, like what mjones said, you'll get a great deal from Maryland Speed. Thing is, just don't make a purchase like today {during holidays}. I can't remember what part of the year I made my purchase. But I got my headers in 3 weeks.

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-26-2016, 12:55 PM

I can attest to that wait time as well. I'm still waiting for my VCM intake that was ordered on black Friday with no estimated ship date. I also ordered headers (not at the same time) but those have not shipped either.

Sucks, as my car is on jack stands awaiting the parts. If you don't care about when you get them go for it, but if you want them anytime soon you better look elsewhere.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-26-2016, 04:13 PM

I did Maryland speed as well. Took longer because I had them coated. Used ones pop up on the forum but you gotta be aware of any issues a used set might have. Plus no warranty when you buy used. It doesn't transfer over.

If you are on a budget, there are cheaper choices. Pacesetter is popular and if you don't deal with winter's or the car doesn't see winter's, you don't have to worry about the coating. I don't think pacesetter uses as good of quality metal as kooks does. I may be wrong though

Good luck with your search

PBM GT W/SPORT PACK
GO:
Pat G tune
CIA: ORSSOM
EXHAUST: BADLANDZ CUT OUTS W/ X PIPE AND RESONATOR DELETE
KOOKS 1 7/8 mids and HFC's (coated)

SHOW:
PONTIAC EMBLEMS REMOVED. HOLDEN TRUNK LOGO ADDED.
TINT
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-26-2016, 04:20 PM Thread Starter

Thanks. Stock is more imprtant than price right now. I will need them in 2 weeks or less.

I like the Pacesetter stuff. But I haven't found one with the cats like the Kooks mid length. Do they make one? The car already has a full exhaust on it without cats. If I go with the pacesetter long tubes, I figured I would end up having to have cats welded in. Prob not really saving me any money.

I have to run cats here in Houston
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-26-2016, 04:27 PM

Hmmm. Not sure about pacesetter cats. Don't think they do.

I kinda doubt you'll get kooks that fast.

I'm in NY with the same law for requiring cats to pass inspection

PBM GT W/SPORT PACK
GO:
Pat G tune
CIA: ORSSOM
EXHAUST: BADLANDZ CUT OUTS W/ X PIPE AND RESONATOR DELETE
KOOKS 1 7/8 mids and HFC's (coated)

SHOW:
PONTIAC EMBLEMS REMOVED. HOLDEN TRUNK LOGO ADDED.
TINT
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-26-2016, 04:41 PM

Don't even think about MD Speed then, I'm coming up on 11 weeks since i placed mine and still no idea at all

2009 Pontiac G8 GT - Pacific Slate Metallic

Previous Rides
-2009 Colorado Z71 V8
-2003 S10 ZR2
-1997 Camaro Z28
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-26-2016, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleknight97 View Post
Don't even think about MD Speed then, I'm coming up on 11 weeks since i placed mine and still no idea at all
Wow, did they tell you would have to wait that long when you ordered? I can't wait for my stuff that long, if it's not shipping this week I'm going to have to cancel.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-26-2016, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris View Post
Wow, did they tell you would have to wait that long when you ordered? I can't wait for my stuff that long, if it's not shipping this week I'm going to have to cancel.
No, I was not told it would take that long. Per their website, I expected a ship date 2-4 weeks after I placed my order due to them being coated. After 4 weeks I was told they were waiting on Kooks but it would be soon. After 9 weeks was told it should be that week. Well, I'm still waiting.

2009 Pontiac G8 GT - Pacific Slate Metallic

Previous Rides
-2009 Colorado Z71 V8
-2003 S10 ZR2
-1997 Camaro Z28
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-27-2016, 07:20 AM Thread Starter

Yikes

I found a supplier on ebay with 10 plus sets in stock for 886.00

Does that sound like a good deal?
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-27-2016, 09:41 AM

Quote:
No, I was not told it would take that long. Per their website, I expected a ship date 2-4 weeks after I placed my order due to them being coated. After 4 weeks I was told they were waiting on Kooks but it would be soon. After 9 weeks was told it should be that week. Well, I'm still waiting.
Thank you, this is good info. The inquireys I made went like this; We are a little backed up from Black Friday then yours will ship next week, then yours is next to ship and finaly we don't know when it will ship we had a paper work problem call back on Tuesday.

Well, I'll call today and if I can't get a tracking number by tomorrow then I'll cancell which will most likely end up with a CC disute because of the crazy terms and conditions he will most likely note that on his web site. I'm OK with a distpute if need be. I hope it doesn't come to that, I just want the stuff I ordered in a timely manner.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-27-2016, 09:44 AM Thread Starter

How much are you guys saving using MD Speed?
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-27-2016, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8DOOD View Post
How much are you guys saving using MD Speed?

On the item the OP inquired about, 50 bucks. To me 50 bucks is not worth the wait time to some it may be. The real problem I have is that they were not up front about this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-27-2016, 10:54 AM

Hmmm, I'm confused. Like I said earlier, I only waited around 3 weeks. And I ordered headers and 3 other parts. I haven't had any problems purchasing through Maryland Speed. I wonder if how you pay has something to do with it? I'm just guessing.
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-27-2016, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IZRED View Post
Hmmm, I'm confused. Like I said earlier, I only waited around 3 weeks. And I ordered headers and 3 other parts. I haven't had any problems purchasing through Maryland Speed. I wonder if how you pay has something to do with it? I'm just guessing.

I'm sure the majority just use a CC. It sounds like it just depends on when you order in relation to when he meets his number requirment to place a batch order.

Say it's 20 orders before the trigger is pulled for Kooks (what ever the number to get the discounted rate), at 830 bucks (using the OP item) in this case......sitting on the pot of cash for 11 weeks as it builds to 16,600.......sounds like a great business model for Maryland Speed if his customers can stomach the wait. He sits on your cash, you get a discount.

A win win IF the terms were clear.

I'm speculating here though, I don't know runs his show, maybe he will read this and chime in.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-27-2016, 01:55 PM
CCG8 Member

Quote:
Yikes

Check with Joe at g8only or William Corey at Blue Line Peformance, they are both Kooks dealers also.

Matt Jones
2009 WH G8 GT Vararam/Kooks LT's/Corsa/BLP Probationary LL 219/223 .612/.615 112LSA/3.45s
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-27-2016, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Kooks has not had mid length headers in 2-3 months now. We are Kooks biggest dealer, and sell more G8 stuff than anyone else. The problem is, the sales volume is going down on G8 stuff and we are seeing bigger and bigger production gaps. Historically we have sold 1-2 a month..this is not a big seller. I think we have only 4 on backorder even now. It something we are working very hard to get resolved. We ask every week for you specific order, and they have not sent it. I am expecting then done this week or next.

Quote:
Yikes

They don't have 10 sets in stock. Kooks does not MAKE them in runs of 10. I buy from Kooks and every major wholesaler. No one has them in stock right now. Not Summit, not Jegs. My competitors have the same sources as me. Likely they just put qty 10 in so the auction would run forever. Then when they try and fill the order, they will find they are on backorder.

Quote:
On the item the OP inquired about, 50 bucks. To me 50 bucks is not worth the wait time to some it may be. The real problem I have is that they were not up front about this.
More like $100.....

Quote:
I'm sure the majority just use a CC. It sounds like it just depends on when you order in relation to when he meets his number requirment to place a batch order.

Say it's 20 orders before the trigger is pulled for Kooks (what ever the number to get the discounted rate), at 830 bucks (using the OP item) in this case......sitting on the pot of cash for 11 weeks as it builds to 16,600.......sounds like a great business model for Maryland Speed if his customers can stomach the wait. He sits on your cash, you get a discount.

A win win IF the terms were clear.

I'm speculating here though, I don't know runs his show, maybe he will read this and chime in.
No..we regularly order these for stock. We are the only Kooks dealer who does order them for stock. I ordered these before the people who ordered them did. They plain have not made them. There are none on the shelf anywhere now. My recommendation is if you want them, to place an order, as I suspect the run they will be making will be sold before it is completed.
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-27-2016, 07:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed View Post
Kooks has not had mid length headers in 2-3 months now. We are Kooks biggest dealer, and sell more G8 stuff than anyone else. The problem is, the sales volume is going down on G8 stuff and we are seeing bigger and bigger production gaps. Historically we have sold 1-2 a month..this is not a big seller. I think we have only 4 on backorder even now. It something we are working very hard to get resolved. We ask every week for you specific order, and they have not sent it. I am expecting then done this week or next.

They don't have 10 sets in stock. Kooks does not MAKE them in runs of 10. I buy from Kooks and every major wholesaler. No one has them in stock right now. Not Summit, not Jegs. My competitors have the same sources as me. Likely they just put qty 10 in so the auction would run forever. Then when they try and fill the order, they will find they are on backorder.

More like $100.....

No..we regularly order these for stock. We are the only Kooks dealer who does order them for stock. I ordered these before the people who ordered them did. They plain have not made them. There are none on the shelf anywhere now. My recommendation is if you want them, to place an order, as I suspect the run they will be making will be sold before it is completed.
Thanks for the reply for all. Did you order for stock on this batch coming in. Or is it all customer order?

I need a set of mids with cats, in 2 weeks. Can we make that happen?
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-28-2016, 10:45 AM

i have a set of kooks mid lengths and kooks cats for sale. They have been on my car for little under a year. Im wanting to go catless so thinking bout getting longtubes. Id be willing to cut you a good deal on them. I can send pictures. They are in excellent shape. got about 15k miles on them!

Sport Red Metallic 2009 GT: Mods- Rotofab intake, Kooks longtube headers, and Solo axleback Exhuast GXP diffuser.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page