What diameter clamps do I need for resonator delete straight pipe - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com
Exhaust Tech Headers, Catbacks, Mufflers, lack of mufflers

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 02:11 AM Thread Starter

What diameter clamps do I need for resonator delete straight pipe

I am going to cut out the resonators and put a straight pipe in its place. I do not want to weld. Can anyone tell me what size diameter clamps I should use and possible source for these clamps. I plan on using whatever diameter pipe would match up where the resonator was.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-25-2017, 07:49 AM

It is all 2.25" pipe. The little bullet Resonators are Zero restriction, Straight through perforated core mufflers like below. Did you remove the Big front muffler first? What muffler are you running in the back?

'09 PBM GT. #2 Kook's Mids, Solo Mach balanced, SCT X4 Tuner. LED H/lamps, Tail lamps and Interior
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-25-2017, 11:45 AM Thread Starter

Headers going into high-flow cats going into x pipe with mid Muffler deleted going out to solo Jays. Is there any graduated type of adapters you know of that I can connect the 2.25 to the 2.25?

Last edited by IcudahadaG8; 05-25-2017 at 03:34 PM.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-25-2017, 02:33 PM

you should be able to find a coupler at Orielly's, Monument, or any other car parts place. It wouldn't be stainless and it would be best welded but you could use clamps.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-25-2017, 03:28 PM Thread Starter

Thanks..If - O'Reilly's has them then I will check some of the other high performance places around town. I didn't know they were that easy to come by. My whole thing is the J pipes actually use clamps,. With that being said, it can't be all that bad. I don't live in a high humidity high salt area and I'm not a super freak about the underneath part of my car and its appearance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page