Question about Solo high flow cats... - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com
Exhaust Tech Headers, Catbacks, Mufflers, lack of mufflers

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-03-2017, 09:58 AM Thread Starter

Question about Solo high flow cats...

I already have the Mach unbalanced on my car and was curious how much volume these would add to the exhaust. For you guys that have these, is the difference in sound very noticeable or slightly? Would these be quieter than Kooks mids? I'm thinking about getting a set but don't want to add much more volume to the exhaust as it's also my daily. I will be doing an LSA supercharger this year also so I'm not sure if that adds any more sound to the exhaust either, I'm thinking just the whine form the intake side.

Thanks!

09.1 G8 GT MSM Sport/Premium Onyx/Red
Mods: LSA w/2.85" pulley, LT1Z custom stage1 PDS cam, Solo Mach exhaust, Kooks mids,3.27 Camaro diff., Pat G tune, PPV shocks/struts, BMR sways, SuperPro front strut and BMR rear cradle poly bushings.

Show: F&R Brembo's w/drilled and slotted rotors, GXP rear diffuser, Advanti Racing Rein flow form wheels in 20x8.5"(23.5lbs.) and 20x9.5"(24.5 lbs.), 6K HID, triple Atari gauges, tinted windows. VE onyx/red hot steering wheel and shift knob.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-03-2017, 03:57 PM
every village has one

Go mids or long tubes with your LSA setup. There are other good aftermarket cats out there you can put in the system.

things are not as they appear to be.........

2009.5 LiquidRed/OnyxRed, Premium Package
e85 Surprise Package
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 11:01 PM Thread Starter

I'm not concerned about getting the max horsepower out of doing this, just looking to free up the exhaust a little without making it too loud.

09.1 G8 GT MSM Sport/Premium Onyx/Red
Mods: LSA w/2.85" pulley, LT1Z custom stage1 PDS cam, Solo Mach exhaust, Kooks mids,3.27 Camaro diff., Pat G tune, PPV shocks/struts, BMR sways, SuperPro front strut and BMR rear cradle poly bushings.

Show: F&R Brembo's w/drilled and slotted rotors, GXP rear diffuser, Advanti Racing Rein flow form wheels in 20x8.5"(23.5lbs.) and 20x9.5"(24.5 lbs.), 6K HID, triple Atari gauges, tinted windows. VE onyx/red hot steering wheel and shift knob.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-08-2017, 05:49 AM

Garage
They will add more noise, but it won't be THAT much. Definitely quieter than if you had headers. You will probably want to look for a tune if you get these (unless you already have one).
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 04:40 PM

I have a set of brand new Solo High flow cats for sale that I will be posting in the for sale section soon. In case you are interested.

1978 Trans AM
2009 G8 GT
2010 Genesis Track Edition
2005 GTO (Sold but not forgotten)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page