TSP Headers - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com
Exhaust Tech Headers, Catbacks, Mufflers, lack of mufflers

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-29-2018, 08:43 AM Thread Starter

TSP Headers

All,

Looking at a set of headers and X-pipe for my G8 GT. I've looked at pretty much every option available. The American Racing Headers setup is ideal, but like most, looking for a more budget oriented setup. I'm gun shy going for OBX & "Maximizer" since their quality tends to be hit or miss. I then stumbled upon TSP's header and X-pipe for a pretty reasonable price. Only downfall is I have to cut the rear section for a slip fit. This isn't a big deal, since I plan to keep the OEM axleback.

Anyone have experience with the TSP headers?

https://www.texas-speed.com/p-5824-t...nd-x-pipe.aspx

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5824.jpg (129.8 KB, 19 views)

2009 G8 GT
36k miles
VCM intake
Cortex tuner
Coming soon... (3.27 gears, DOD delete)

Last edited by Dale Williams; 10-29-2018 at 09:16 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-29-2018, 03:03 PM

I'm heavily considering them as well. However, I'm not planning to keep the stock axle backs and I think it's unfortunate to neck something that is 3" all the way back down to 2.5 right at the end. Still, for the money, seems like one of the best deals out there right now. Just wish they would have finished off the X pipe. Any input from anyone who has already done this would be great.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-29-2018, 04:25 PM
Sarcasm Personified

I know many people that have used them with LS cars and even in the Mustang world. Everyone has said great things about them.

2019 Volkswagen GTI Rabbit
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude 4x4

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-29-2018, 05:20 PM
F1rehawk

Garage
If you are on a budget then save up and get some Kooks Long tube headers (or mids depending on project) with a Solo catback exhaust. One of the best setup for our car. Kooks are much better designed IMO.

Why spend on headers, hack up exhaust and keep OEM axleback?

Just keep everything stock and spend when you can do the whole thing right the first time.

My 2 cents.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-29-2018, 11:06 PM

Garage
TSP headers are decent for the price, but have no comparison to a quality set like ARH or Kooks. I'm sure they make just as much power and will last the life of the car but if you want the welds and fitment to be perfect then move along. Stock mufflers won't hold you back a significant amount N/A, even most of the aftermarket axle backs are 2.5" but the difference is the muffler is more free flowing which obviously opens the door for increased noise and performance.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BTR Stage 2 Kooks LTs SLP Powerflo 3.27 Rear
6/4-pot Brembos Tein/PPV BMR Bars/Arms TSW Nurburgrings
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-02-2018, 02:37 PM

From what I've seen and heard, Kooks LTs with no cats and the Solo exhaust is a pretty insanely-loud system. Not to mention you're talking about $1,850-$2,000 between the two, especially if you go with the 3-inch system from Solo (you'd be dumb not to at that point). Whereas with the TSP headers, I can buy a decent axle-back, then save up for the headers and X pipe and be into the whole system roughly $1,400-$1,600 depending on the axle back, or just $1,000 if you keep the stock mufflers. TSP's stuff is pretty nice. Sure Kooks stuff is nicer, but they also want an arm and a leg for it. I'd love to do a set of Kooks long tubes with a 3-inch Magnaflow cat-back, as I think it would be the perfect amount of loud, but we're talking $2,000+ for that too. That officially would make the exhaust the most expensive mod on the car by far. I could put a cam, DOD delete and have the heads ported for that much. Seems like the TSP stuff might be a good middle-of-the-road option for those that don't want to go with OBX/Maximizer stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page