Xforce long tube headers - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com
Exhaust Tech Headers, Catbacks, Mufflers, lack of mufflers

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-22-2019, 01:52 PM Thread Starter

Xforce long tube headers

I was just curious if anyone else got these and what they sound like with the Varex exhaust. I will be putting them on in spring. If you guys are curious they are on sale now at Summit Racing and can be had for about $850-900 shipped to you with high flow cats which I think is a good deal for polished 304 stainless w/cats. FYI, you do need the Varex catback to use these headers.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/x...g8/submodel/gt
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Xforece header.jpg (155.0 KB, 43 views)

09.1 G8 GT MSM Sport/Premium Onyx/Red
Mods: LSA w/2.85" pulley, LT1Z custom stage1 PDS cam, Solo Mach exhaust, Kooks mids,3.27 Camaro diff., Pat G tune, PPV shocks/struts, BMR sways, SuperPro front strut and BMR rear cradle poly bushings.

Show: F&R Brembo's w/drilled and slotted rotors, GXP rear diffuser, Advanti Racing Rein flow form wheels in 20x8.5"(23.5lbs.) and 20x9.5"(24.5 lbs.), 6K HID, triple Atari gauges, tinted windows. VE onyx/red hot steering wheel and shift knob.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-22-2019, 07:16 PM

I bought the full system last spring. Fitment was pretty decent, and took a bit to break in. It sounds great though, not obnoxiously loud either. Since the car is in storage for the winter, this is the only video I have.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-22-2019, 09:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBelzy View Post
I bought the full system last spring. Fitment was pretty decent, and took a bit to break in. It sounds great though, not obnoxiously loud either. Since the car is in storage for the winter, this is the only video I have.
Was that pass with the valves fully open? That is the headers and full catback system right? Sounds good!

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-23-2019, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domin8r View Post
Was that pass with the valves fully open? That is the headers and full catback system right? Sounds good!
Yeah they're fully open. And yeah its the full header to muffler system. No regrets buying it
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-24-2019, 11:34 AM Thread Starter

Is it pretty quiet still with the valves closed even though it's full length headers?

Mods: LSA w/2.85" pulley, LT1Z custom stage1 PDS cam, Solo Mach exhaust, Kooks mids,3.27 Camaro diff., Pat G tune, PPV shocks/struts, BMR sways, SuperPro front strut and BMR rear cradle poly bushings.

Show: F&R Brembo's w/drilled and slotted rotors, GXP rear diffuser, Advanti Racing Rein flow form wheels in 20x8.5"(23.5lbs.) and 20x9.5"(24.5 lbs.), 6K HID, triple Atari gauges, tinted windows. VE onyx/red hot steering wheel and shift knob.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-24-2019, 12:37 PM

I have Kooks to the Varex catback. I wish I had the Xforce headers just to make it bolt on, but I already had the Kooks.

The catback did take a while to break in. It was a very deep, smooth tone at first. Now it screams above 3k rpm. Come spring, I'm going to remove the small cats that I have, we'll see how that does for sound.

2009 PBM GT
Under the Knife Again
Wiseco Pistons, K1 Rods, Johnson Lifters, BLP Keep Hatin' PDS Cam, Roto-Fab, BLP Ported Intake and Throttle Body, Kooks 1-7/8 long tubes, XForce Varex Catback, ZL1 Converter, Camaro Trans Pan/Filter, GXP Brembos
Breyton GTS-AV Wheels, 6k HIDs, Holden Steering Wheel and Paddle Shifters, Eibach Springs, 35% Tint
Tuned by Day Tuning
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-24-2019, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domin8r View Post
Is it pretty quiet still with the valves closed even though it's full length headers?
Yeah its almost like stock. With the valves open on the highway, there is a slight drone, but with them closed it's whisper quiet.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-24-2019, 07:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBelzy View Post
Yeah its almost like stock. With the valves open on the highway, there is a slight drone, but with them closed it's whisper quiet.
Nice, just what I'm looking for!

I get a slight drone now with the solo Mach system on the highway so I'm not too worried about it.

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 08:30 AM

I'll chime in. I have the Varex exhaust, but still have the factory exhaust manifolds and catalytic converters. In full open it does drone a little in the 1700-2000 range. It is not bothersome at a constant speed, but if you pull away with just enough throttle to keep it in that range through the gear shifts, it can be annoying. Closed is the same volume as stock, but a better tone. The Smart Box and app make it pretty amazing, I have it set to be closed at light throttle, 35% at medium throttle, open at full throttle. Zero drone, zero AFM noise when cruising, step into it a little and it growls, floor it and it howls and sounds great.
I've been looking at adding the headers. Did you guys get the 1 - 3/4" or 1 - 7/8" piping? Looked like the bigger piping is actually cheaper, but I don't think I need it. Did y'all need a tune? I figure it needs the rear O2's turned off since it has high flow cats, but don't really want to change my stock tune.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 01:00 PM Thread Starter

The long tubes are 1 3/4", the 1 7/8" are technically "mids", but the mids will probably bolt onto other exhaust systems whereas the 1 3/4" will only bolt up to the Varex catback system.

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 02:58 PM Thread Starter

If anyone is looking to go to a Varex exhaust, I'm going to be selling my full system, ceramic coated full length headers w/high flow cats, and full 3" Varex exhaust with key fobs for the valves. System has about 500 miles on it and is being dismantled as we speak, I decided to go a different direction with my exhaust.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page