October 2011, G8 of the Month Winner! - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 10-02-2011, 08:28 PM Thread Starter
Sooper Moderatorator

October 2011, G8 of the Month Winner!

Congratulations to oxbcat!

Here is what he had to say:

"First of all thank you to everyone who voted for me. I love to take my G8 autocrossing and have been known to hit up my local drag strip occasionally. My Story happened as follows. I have always liked Holdens. After college I lusted after a GTO. But as it were they were out of my price range. It took me two years to work my way up to real job (2005). By 2007 I had heard about the G8 and was in love. While I lusted after the GTO, the G8 just made sense for me. I decided that the G8 would be the first new car I would own. I spent the next year saving money for a nice down payment. In 2008 I got married and bought my first house. So I couldn't swing buying a new car too. 2009 would be my year I said to myself. Then life took a different turn of events. I had the money to put down, but I lost my job. So I watched the economy tank and GM venture through bankruptcy. I was devastated at home as well with my dreams. I did keep my house and my lovely wife. Seven months of job searching landed me a new job making more money than my old gig. Literally the first weekend after I started my new job I took delivery of my White G8. There were many dealerships that had them. But none of them would work with me on the price. The one dealer that did told me he had white or silver. I was hesitant as I really wanted stryker blue, but chose white and haven't looked back since. This car has gotten more compliments then anything I have ever had previously. I also get the ohh you drive a Pontiac G6 comments too. But I can't blame them for not knowing what this thing is.

In all I have been down the road of modding a car out. But I feel now that I have the means I should buy exactly what I want and not need any mods. I feel I have done just that. Could I have afforded a GXP? Sure. But I like living within my means. and the GT is well within my means.

My list of mods is extremely short as I am extremely pleased with the car.
Pontiac Rubber Trunk Liner
G8 Splash Guards
Infinity Reference door Speaker replacement
Center channel speaker mod"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page