Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com - View Single Post - New Era Performance OTR CAI
View Single Post
post #20 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2008, 07:54 PM
Badpenny

I like your design. Looks better than the Orssom OTR CAI and the price is in line too. I was thinking of a design like this, except for angling the filter upwards toward the hood scoops and then creating a foam seal around the outer eadge such that the hood closes down on the seal for a quasi ram air effect from the air coming through the hood scoops, rather than just facing forward. Any thoughts on tweaking the design to accommodate this? If that could be tweaked, I would be more inclined to buy this design rather than waiting for Vararam's ram air that is in progress. I've seen discussions on here about not getting much air through the hood scoops, but seems like a good idea to utlilize them anyway. Just a thought, I don't know about how feasible it would be to do though. Thanks!

'08 PBM G8 GT Premium-Sport-Sunroof; Baer BBK, Pedders Xa's+Street 1, BMR Sways, Spectre CAI, Superchips Cortex Tune, Magnaflow, RE-11's, 165K Miles!!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome