0% for m72 months on all 2009 Pontiacs!!! - Page 2 - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com
Gay Pontiac-Buick-GMC Dickinson (Houston), TX

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 10:57 AM Thread Starter

2 stryker blue autos. 1 with roof and 1 without

1 black auto with roof

1 red manual
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 09:32 PM
2009 G8 GXP

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
2 stryker blue autos. 1 with roof and 1 without

1 black auto with roof

1 red manual
Update, take away one stryker blue auto without the roof.
post #23 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 07:11 AM

^^ congrats.

post #24 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 02:56 AM

So I am in the market to upgrade from my 09 G8 GT to a 09 G8 GXP and thought the 0% for 72mo was a good time to go for it. Only to find out that my local Pontiac Dealer was closed on Memorial day. Now I don't know if this is normal, guess I just thought it would be a great day to sell cars seeing's how there's memorial weekend sale going on.

Anyways I have owned my G8 Gt for 3months and I guess I just want a little more. I really wanted the bluetooth which is what I was told it had just to find out it didn't the morning after the sale. I would also like a manual. I am in San Angelo, Tx and owe aproximately 25-26k on my GT. I'm sure I could get that down 2k from getting the warranty refunded. So with the premium and sport package GT as a trade in I was wondering how possible would it be to get into a GXP with a payment of less than 500 a month. The GT has approximately 1700 miles. Liquid Red. Sorry the post is so long.
post #25 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 11:45 AM Thread Starter

500 x 72 = 36000 so it is very possible if you are willing to put the difference down (ttl, out of equity etc)
post #26 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 12:52 PM

That's good to hear. i just worry about not getting much on the trade-in. My other problem is I can't get a hold of my salesman or any salesman at the Pontiac Dealership here that knows what's going on. The one guy I spoke with said he was new and tried to transfer to someone else and after failing he asked me to call back and ask for him. He wasn't there either. So they were closed Sunday and Monday of this Memorial Weekend Event and I can't get a hold of anyone this Tuesday so it's not looking good. Wish I was closer to the Houston area. What can I do?
post #27 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 02:21 PM

Just got off the phone with my salesman and they would give me a trade-in value of 21k. Bluebook for a 2008 G8 GT is 23.5k. I just bought this car 3 months ago from them for 34k with 10k down and they want me to go backwards another 5k on what I owe? Does this sound right?

So basically they make the money off of the original sale. On top they get 10k plus two payments and get the exact car back plus 1700 miles. They get the car for 21k sell it for 5-6k more and make huge money on my expense. Meanwhile I lose 10k plus 880 for payments on top of adding another 5k out of my pocket for what higher payments. Had they of offered the 0% financing for the Gxp in the first place that's where I would be right now not getting taking for all this money. This is the same dealership that backed out on a deal for an 06 GTO because the owner of the dealership loved driving it to work to let it sell, even though it was on the floor with a window sticker. This is almost worth a roadtrip to Houston so I can be treated fairly.

Last edited by tsharpe82; 05-26-2009 at 02:26 PM.
post #28 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsharpe82 View Post
Just got off the phone with my salesman and they would give me a trade-in value of 21k. Bluebook for a 2008 G8 GT is 23.5k. I just bought this car 3 months ago from them for 34k with 10k down and they want me to go backwards another 5k on what I owe? Does this sound right?

So basically they make the money off of the original sale. On top they get 10k plus two payments and get the exact car back plus 1700 miles. They get the car for 21k sell it for 5-6k more and make huge money on my expense. Meanwhile I lose 10k plus 880 for payments on top of adding another 5k out of my pocket for what higher payments. Had they of offered the 0% financing for the Gxp in the first place that's where I would be right now not getting taking for all this money. This is the same dealership that backed out on a deal for an 06 GTO because the owner of the dealership loved driving it to work to let it sell, even though it was on the floor with a window sticker. This is almost worth a roadtrip to Houston so I can be treated fairly.
I would say it is. Nino goes out of his way to make sure that you are treated right and get the best deal available.
post #29 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 02:59 PM

Unfortunately I don't think this will be an option though because of the 0% deal ending today. Had I of known ahead of time about the sale and about my local dealership being closed the last two days I would have been in Houston on Saturday. My salesman didn't even know about the 0% for 72 when I asked him about this. Currently though he is seeing how much they would try and sell my car for and see if they can give me close to that. Guess I guilted him a bit when I reminded him of when he told me my car had Bluetooth only to find out after the sale that it didn't. We'll see though, time is running out.
post #30 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 04:01 PM

You have got to be realistic on trade value...somehow this always is an issue for people, even now with the kinds of deals to be had on new ones, and even more because of that. Think about what they REALLY could sell your used one for now, higher interest rates and all, when anyone can instead walk in and drive out with a NEW, no mile GT, GXP, etc. at 0% for 6 years, or just the rebates and other financing, vs. what they'd be paying for your used one. Even if it barely has any miles, is perfect, etc...it's still used.

Perfect or not, rather than on this side, think of yourself as someone shopping on that end...would YOU pay that much for your car used? No. Still, it's always an issue. It'd be great if you could always make money on your trade, get an insane deal on the new one, etc., but it just doesn't work like that all the time.

2009 G8 GT - Sold...
Pacific Slate/Onyx, Premium/Sport - 3M Clear Bra, 20% Rear Tint, GM Trunk Mat, Dimming Mirror, Holden VE Rubber Floor Mats, VMS TCM & 93 ECM Tune, Roto-Fab CAI & Radiator Cover, Pedders Bushings, Holden 6.0L Badges, GrafxWerks Badge Overlays, GXP Front Fascia & Rear Diffuser, JHP GPS Kit & Garmin, BP Catch Can, FE3/GXP Dampers, Corsa Cat-Back, GY Eagle GT Tires, GM Accessory Shift Knob
MPGTune.com Mileage History
post #31 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

Well, I just found out... This all ends today!

No more 0 for 72. Those that didn't take advantage of it, shame on you.
post #32 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach View Post
You have got to be realistic on trade value...somehow this always is an issue for people, even now with the kinds of deals to be had on new ones, and even more because of that. Think about what they REALLY could sell your used one for now, higher interest rates and all, when anyone can instead walk in and drive out with a NEW, no mile GT, GXP, etc. at 0% for 6 years, or just the rebates and other financing, vs. what they'd be paying for your used one. Even if it barely has any miles, is perfect, etc...it's still used.

Perfect or not, rather than on this side, think of yourself as someone shopping on that end...would YOU pay that much for your car used? No. Still, it's always an issue. It'd be great if you could always make money on your trade, get an insane deal on the new one, etc., but it just doesn't work like that all the time.
I understand the deal on trade-ins. I've done it plenty of times. However, I do not expect to receive a trade-in amount $3000 less than what a car that is one year older on Blue Book trade in value. I just had the sales manager tell me that depreciation for my car is more than 1/3 of the total cost of the car. He told me if I bought the car for 34k signed on the line and turned around and traded it in they would give me at most 21k.

Here was there final offer:
trade in 23k
4.8k down
Payments around 550/mo

After everything is said and done I would have put 15.6k down only to have payments $100 more than what I pay for my GT. The sales manager was extremely rude and when I voiced my concern about having to do everything at the last minute because they were too busy Friday I had engagements on Saturday, they weren't open on Sunday, and they weren't open on Monday. Today I spent 90% of my time waiting for a salesman and leaving messages because no one was ever answering there page. His response was well we were given the day off to spend time with our family. That's great and all but just not a good idea to do it when you're having a Memorial Weekend Sale going on. It's pretty sad when the local Honda dealership offers me 25k trade-in. Talk about my worst dealership experience ever...I'm still mad about the features I was promised in my car that they actually don't have along with the nice car wash they provided that left swirl marks in the clear coat that took hours to buff out. You can bet I'll be visiting the BBB for civilians and military.
post #33 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Well, I just found out... This all ends today!

No more 0 for 72. Those that didn't take advantage of it, shame on you.

Well you can't say I didn't try.
post #34 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 05:33 PM

Again, my point remains. The car is only worth what someone can really give you, and even if that means more from one dealer than another, that's how it goes. Particularly at a Pontiac dealer where someone can walk in and get a brand new one at a payment lower than what a used one at a too high price can be had for...it's no debate. They'd love to give more if they could, but they'd also...you know...like to be able to actually resell it afterwards and not lose more money.

Oh well. Things are hardly rough when you already have a nearly new G8 GT, only debating then a GXP;-) Unless you dislike the car, that's not a bad thing...at all. Mod time, perhaps.

2009 G8 GT - Sold...
Pacific Slate/Onyx, Premium/Sport - 3M Clear Bra, 20% Rear Tint, GM Trunk Mat, Dimming Mirror, Holden VE Rubber Floor Mats, VMS TCM & 93 ECM Tune, Roto-Fab CAI & Radiator Cover, Pedders Bushings, Holden 6.0L Badges, GrafxWerks Badge Overlays, GXP Front Fascia & Rear Diffuser, JHP GPS Kit & Garmin, BP Catch Can, FE3/GXP Dampers, Corsa Cat-Back, GY Eagle GT Tires, GM Accessory Shift Knob
MPGTune.com Mileage History
post #35 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

How did you pay 34k for your car though man? Thats crazy.

Makes me sad any dealer would have charged sticker on the GT when there were so many available.
post #36 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 05:58 PM Thread Starter

In typical fashion...

an hour after I hear 1 thing I hear something else.

All the memorial day offers are extended thru 6/1
post #37 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 06:06 PM

I thought it still ends today but you must take delivery by 6/1 for it to apply?

But that would be great if your dealership kept it going!

2009 SBM G8GT

Mods? Sure do

Last edited by GeoffA; 05-26-2009 at 06:42 PM.
post #38 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 07:04 PM Thread Starter

nO, MUST TAKE DELIVERY BY 6/1. nO MATTER WHEN YOU DO THE DEAL
post #39 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 10:02 PM
Cynical A$$hole

Keeping my fingers crossed that I can find a car and make a deal by this Saturday. I've goofed around long enough and this week it's all or nothing b/c it looks like the GXPs are going quick. I called this afternoon to put a deposit on one in Wilmington but the salesman came back to the phone and said that it was on it's way to Camp Lejune with a marine in the drivers seat. He said he would call me in the morning to see if he could do a dealer trade, but I SERIOUSLY doubt that is going to happen. Earlier in the day I had another dealer try and do a dealer trade but the sales manager said that no other dealers would trade, only sell, b/c they were trying to get rid of their inventory.

GXP #807
MSM/Onyx A6 w/Roof

Purchased: 5/29/09

Mods:
CTS Auto-Dim Mirror, Homelink in Visor, Triple Atari Gauges, Garmin Nuvi 1450, Hawk Ceramic Pads, Roto-Fab, 35% Tint, ClearBra, Video In Park, VMR V710 19's, SLP Springs, Full BMR Bushing kit, BMR Trailing Arms, BMR Sways, BMR Toe Rods, BMR Adjustable End links, BP Catchcan, VG Sharkfin, LED Interior/Trunk/Glovebox Ambient Lighting, SLP Lip Spoiler, iPad Ram Mount

Last edited by PMD G8; 05-26-2009 at 10:04 PM.
post #40 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 10:39 PM

Nino - Can you confirm this extension until 6/1 is good for all areas of the country?

I'm in Socal - San Diego area.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page