Hand held tuner or dyno tune... - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com
New Camaro Aussie engineered, Canadian built, Zeta chassis 2-door G8 (or as close as we might get)

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-08-2013, 07:42 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Hand held tuner or dyno tune...

I know that this is something more for the Camaro forums however, the Cortex tuner seems to be the hand held tuner of choice for G8 owners so I'll ask here also.

I have a 2010 2SS Camaro with CAI, headers, catback exhaust, and possibly hi flow cats (possibly because the guy I bought it off of was slightly vague on exhaust upgrade details). So my question is, would it be better to just get a dyno tune or would a hand held tuner like a cortex do the job nice enough?

2009 G8 GT | Panther Black Metallic | Onyx/Red | Roof | Roto-fab CAI ...R.I.P...
2010 Camaro SS/RS | Aqua Blue Metallic #829 of 3903 | Silver Stripes | Stock...ish

In pursuit of GXP M6 eventually...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-08-2013, 08:09 PM

Diablosport tuner with lew tune or dyno tune
I'm going to go out on a limb and say the lew tune is within 90% of a dyno tune.
Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
I know that this is something more for the Camaro forums however, the Cortex tuner seems to be the hand held tuner of choice for G8 owners so I'll ask here also.

I have a 2010 2SS Camaro with CAI, headers, catback exhaust, and possibly hi flow cats (possibly because the guy I bought it off of was slightly vague on exhaust upgrade details). So my question is, would it be better to just get a dyno tune or would a hand held tuner like a cortex do the job nice enough?

All these hand held tuners are set for every car there is, not your specific car. Plus they will typically make your car run lean. Dyno tune is the way to go plus with a dyno tune you will see a lot more gains.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page