Who considered a Camaro before going with the G8? - Page 8 - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com
New Camaro Aussie engineered, Canadian built, Zeta chassis 2-door G8 (or as close as we might get)

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #141 of 160 (permalink) Old 07-27-2013, 06:42 PM

Garage
Wanted one more than the G8 at first. "Settled" for a G8 because the Mrs. said she wanted something with 4 doors. After she got hit by a drunk driver (which very sadly totaled the G8) we got a Camaro. Love the Camaro, it is a lot of fun, but miss the G8. If I had a pick between the two now, I would probably go for the G8.

2009 G8 GT | Panther Black Metallic | Onyx/Red | Roof | Roto-fab CAI ...R.I.P...
2010 Camaro SS/RS | Aqua Blue Metallic #829 of 3903 | Silver Stripes | Stock...ish

In pursuit of GXP M6 eventually...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #142 of 160 (permalink) Old 08-08-2013, 02:03 PM
Move over >

I've always been a camaro guy, got stupid drink and got a camaro tattoo, regrets...
When i bought my G8 i was in the market for a new camaro. So i went and test drive one. I didn't like it. I thought yea this would be great in convertible but i dont want a convertible for my dd. The blind spots sucked, and the windsheild was so low...
I know you get used to it but, i just lost interest. so then i started looking for GTOs and came a cross a G8. Immediately knew this was what i wanted. I went and test drove a V6. loved it aside from lacking power.

Found a good deal on an 8 and jumped. didnt even get to test drive first, just bought it. no regrets, i love this car!

-hood vent mod
-camaro trans pan n filter
-removed engine cover
-drilled front rotorpro rotors
-tinted tails and front yak emblem
-Spare set of 19" GT rims
-custom interior trim
-rare roof rack
-smoked side markers

-New steering wheel to install
-New all black cupholders and shifter shaft to install
-Android[/COLOR] installed]
- Mobil 1 synthetic

I love my MGM G8 GT
post #143 of 160 (permalink) Old 08-09-2013, 04:27 AM
Big D

Garage
i had originally planned on getting one of the new camaros, but when i went to test drive one my 6'6 frame was cramped in it. So after driving a Civic Si for the last 8 years i wasnt going to have my next car be that cramped. Next i was going to look at the 05-06 GTO, but before i went and looked i was told it would be similar to the camaro. I test drove a CTS and a couple other cars. One of the salesmen tried to get me to test drive a 2012 Mustang GT and i had to explain to him i was raised on general motors and i wasnt about to come home with a mustang. (not to mention the ex wife had a mustang and i wasnt about to get a car like she had) So i just kept my eyes on new cars, about that time my cousin got his 09 G8 GT and that was all he talked about once he got it. So he let me drive it and i was hooked. I bet i test drove 6 or so G8's driving 2-3 hours to away to look at some and test them out there are a couple i wish i could have got. One was a IOM that had 60k i believe on it for 17000 i kick myself for not getting that one, anyhow after a year of looking i finally found the PBM 08 GT thati currently own and i absolutely love it.

post #144 of 160 (permalink) Old 08-09-2013, 07:11 AM

Never considered one, I sat inside one of my friends and it looked extremely cheap on the inside and not very roomy.

Then when I just had a Cortex, rotofab and GXP axleback with X pipe, I raced my friends LS3 Camaro (axleback, intake) and it was a win/lose race; we went back and forth.

I was even happier with my decision after that.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2014 SS "Houston Stock"

Rotofab
RCR Intake/RCR TB
LS7 MAF
SW LTs-3" catted X
Corsa Mufflers
Pat G Tune

[email protected] (stock tires suck)
post #145 of 160 (permalink) Old 08-09-2013, 07:28 AM

As a GM fan wanted to buy one; more as a Firebird T/A if they decided to make one.

I saw a G8 in the dealer showroom and had one of those "I want one" moment.

US Army Retired 1986~2008

Fortune Favors The Bold
post #146 of 160 (permalink) Old 08-09-2013, 08:25 AM

Garage
Camaro = pass. when I sat in the Camaro for the first time, I knew right then that it was not the car for me. I tried, but wasn't able to figure out how to lose those blind spots. how people drive those without getting into an accident is beyond me.

Current: 2009.5 SBM G8 GT, Premium Package, Sunroof, Pat G. ECM/TCM Tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI, LS7/LS3 MAF, Kooks 1 7/8" LT's, SOLO HFC's, SOLO Mach-Shorty Balanced Catback, SOLO 3.5" Tips, 19" Sport Package Wheels, GXP Steering Wheel, GXP Diffuser, Neondials, VG Sharkfin II, Debadged (Except Arrowheads), Hood-Vent Mod, Lower Grille Mod

Next: RCR Modified Intake Manifold, RCR Ported TB, Powerbond UDP, Suspension Upgrades

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #147 of 160 (permalink) Old 08-09-2013, 10:07 AM

Never consider it either. The consideration for the g8 was a new Hyundai Genesis Coupe (6cyc). Dealer wanted 28k out the door but I got a used GT for the same price (and overpaid). g8 > genesis coupe.

There's too many damn mustangs and camaro's here in southeast VA. They're a dime a dozen. I like driving something that's unique. Ironically, I've seen like 3 genesis coupes.
post #148 of 160 (permalink) Old 08-09-2013, 10:21 AM

To me the look of a car is just as important as what motor is in it ect. The camaro is uglier than sin in my opinion plus the interior is so retro that its beyond tasteful. I love old camaro's a 67 is my favorite. I even love the 98-02, just not the new ones.

Now if I could choose between a G8 and a CTS-V, I would be all over that.

09 Liquid Red G8 GT.Solo Axle Back, Roto Fab, 19" VMR VB3's (SOLD) :-(
2000 Trans Am...Nasty Whine.
2010 SRT8...Nicely Modded.
post #149 of 160 (permalink) Old 08-09-2013, 10:24 AM

Wish granted but you need to move overseas.

http://www.hsv.com.au/Gen-F/see/GTS/

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Webz View Post
Now if I could choose between a G8 and a CTS-V, I would be all over that.
post #150 of 160 (permalink) Old 08-09-2013, 07:31 PM
I maek mah avitar :3

Ewww, hells no.

When the Big 3 move on from these retro abominations, then my dick will pick up.

Plastiderp
post #151 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-13-2013, 05:41 AM

I never considered a Camaro before the G8. But when it came time to trade one in I did some research. Three things stopped me from getting an SS with the 1le package. First was that I'm still pissed at my Chevrolet dealerships service center and the dealerships lack of assistance with the problem for some things related to the G8. Second is that I'm too tall to fit in one. I'm 6'5" and I have a longer torso and shorter legs. It makes finding a smaller car difficult. (Of the three pony cars I only fit comfortably in the mustang) Last is that I really am not into the look. If they ever go retro with the 70-73 Camaro look, and don't screw the proportions up, like l feel dodge did with the charger, then I might consider one.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
post #152 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-13-2013, 03:27 PM

The reviews noting poor outward visibility turned me off before I saw it. They messed up the proportions too much. Plus I like the longer wheelbase car.
post #153 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-27-2013, 07:06 PM

Garage
I like the Camaro's, but I see them EVERYWHERE. That takes a lot of the luster away from them.

2009 Pontiac G8 GT | RotoFab CAI, Superchips Cortex 93 Tune, Factory Bluetooth VCIM Added, GXP Rear Diffuser SOLD Will be missed!
post #154 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-27-2013, 07:17 PM
Move over >

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netfly View Post
The reviews noting poor outward visibility turned me off before I saw it. They messed up the proportions too much. Plus I like the longer wheelbase car.
this was because they were told to keep it as close to the concept as possible.

^ yup camaros, mustangs, chargers/ challengers/ 300c, theyre around every corner. EVERYWHERE.
G8s are more rare around me than a lambos/ ferraris/ astons. (i definately see more of all those than i do G8s) and teslas. man teslas are damn near common here.

-hood vent mod
-camaro trans pan n filter
-removed engine cover
-drilled front rotorpro rotors
-tinted tails and front yak emblem
-Spare set of 19" GT rims
-custom interior trim
-rare roof rack
-smoked side markers

-New steering wheel to install
-New all black cupholders and shifter shaft to install
-Android[/COLOR] installed]
- Mobil 1 synthetic

I love my MGM G8 GT
post #155 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-27-2013, 08:19 PM

I considered the camaro but bought my buddy's GXP. My heart is still camaro(I've owned 10 of them). I sold my GXP just here this week and picking up my next ride.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #156 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-27-2013, 10:08 PM
HPT Pro Tuner

I was never interested in the new Camaro. I had a 99 z28, and I had some many issues with that heap, that I ended up trading that biatch for a motorcycle. I was so disappointed I went with Ford in 2003 with a brand new 03 Mach1, lol, the remedy ended up being worst than the illness, so I traded that POS with 30k and got myself a brand new 06 GTO, which I traded for my G8 back in 2009. Since then, the only appealing vehicle from GM I see is the corvette, unfortunately that one has 2 doors, and we have 3 little kids. I'll keep the G8 happily for another 2 years, after that will see, who knows, perhaps I'll build her bigger and better, or perhaps she'll end up at the dealer, only time will tell, with GM fauking things up with the SS I decided a cam was a better idea for the G8, and the new Camaro is another pile of garbage, lol, I never had any issues with the Goat, or the G8, knocking on wood, best cars I've ever owned.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2012 Mustang GT, M6, 3.73's, Base/Brembo Package
3" H Pipe/Stock cats, Res!/3" pipes, Magnaflow 14419's AB, UPR Catch Can
HPTuners Pro v2.25 | Street Tuned

2010 Silverado 1500 LT Crew 5.3L
Magnaflow 14619, K&N Drop Filter, Airraid MIT, UPR Catch Can, American Outlaw Deputy 17x9, BFG 285/70/17 TKO, Bilstein 5100's
Hptuners 2.24 Pro / Street Tuned
post #157 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-28-2013, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivie-G8 View Post
...i definately see more of all those than i do G8s) and teslas. man teslas are damn near common here.
Tesla is company that have no sympathy for it. All of us are paying for every single car and its operational cost. Musk gets all sorts of Gov Perks (Tax Exemptions and Grants).

US Army Retired 1986~2008

Fortune Favors The Bold
post #158 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013, 12:03 AM
I maek mah avitar :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Craneum View Post
Tesla is company that have no sympathy for it. All of us are paying for every single car and its operational cost. Musk gets all sorts of Gov Perks (Tax Exemptions and Grants).
The real Government Motors?

O:

Plastiderp
post #159 of 160 (permalink) Old 10-05-2013, 06:55 AM

Correction, I've owned 11.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #160 of 160 (permalink) Old 10-09-2013, 03:20 PM

I considered one and got one. Three years later I have a wife, a baby boy, and a new house. And no more Camaro. Kick myself every day for not getting the G8. The decision now is get a used G8, something else, or wait a couple more years for stronger financial footing and see what's available then.

Until then, I get by in my base model Sonic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page