GM Voids Warranty Due to Catch Can - Petition Opened - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com
New Camaro Aussie engineered, Canadian built, Zeta chassis 2-door G8 (or as close as we might get)

1Likes
  • 1 Post By 1fastmf

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-13-2016, 09:11 AM Thread Starter

Garage
GM Voids Warranty Due to Catch Can - Petition Opened

An owner's new Camaro lost oil pressure upon start up sitting in the driveway. After a two week battle with the dealer and GM they blamed the driver's catch can and voided the warranty giving no explanation on how the catch can caused any failure and now have walked away from an 11 month old car with 11423 miles on it. Link for the long detailed version:

A post I was hoping to not have to make (GM blocks warranty repair) - Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

The owner also started a petition to GM for them to honor the warranty:

https://www.change.org/p/alicia-bole...edium=copyLink

GO: Rotofab CAI, LS7 MAF, UPR Catch Can, Kooks 1-3/4" Shortys+HFCs, Borla Catback, Dynomax VT Mufflers, VMS Tune

SHOW: VEMNRO's HSV E3 Fascia, Holden Rebadge, GXP Diffuser, Sharkfin, 35% Tint, Slotted Rotors, Weathertechs, Bluestar 2010, Staggered Camaro 20s, 6k LEDs, HSV Gauges/Console

MO': BMR Rear Cradle, Strut Mount, Radius Rod, Trailing Arm & LCA Bushings, BMR Rear Sway Bar, Steel Brake Lines, Front GXP Brembo Calipers, FE3 Struts, Eibachs, Polk DB651s, VIM/Backup Cam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-13-2016, 09:37 AM
every village has one

What a load!!

things are not as they appear to be.........

2009.5 LiquidRed/OnyxRed, Premium Package
e85 Surprise Package
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-13-2016, 12:36 PM

all the internet lawyers from the "will a catch can void my warranty" threads are real salty right now
drewdog likes this.

Stryker Blue Metallic G8 GT
- RotoFab, Ls7 maf, Rick C Intake/ported TB, 1 7/8" Kooks mids, Borla, Pat G tune, VMR 810's, Camaro deep trans pan, tints, polyelast bushings, fe3, Tein lowering springs, RotoFab radiator cover, VG shark fin, gloss black gxp diffuser, Morimoto 6k hids, led fogs, Neondials clear side markers, Maverick man carbon

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2016, 05:34 PM

Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act

specifically "Further, under the act, aftermarket equipment that improves performance does not automatically void a vehicle manufacturer's original warranty, unless the warranty clearly states the addition of aftermarket equipment automatically voids your vehicle's warranty, or if it can be proven that the aftermarket device is the direct cause of the failure."

he'd have ground to stand on since the 1le camaro that he has uses a special Factory oil separator add on kit ..theres no way they can say an aftermarket can can hold enough oil to starve the engine

, its just another bs excuse from Gm to not warranty their known issues.

2008 G8GT 408ci.
mods-camaro wheels
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-24-2016, 09:11 AM

Which is why I will never buy another new GM vehicle.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 08:34 AM

Total crap. I know the petition is old, but I just added my name anyways. Hope the OP gets/got this resolved.

2009.5 Liquid Red G8 GXP A6
For mods list, honk 3 times.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 10:07 AM

Are we sure the catch can was the only thing done?... are we getting the full story?.. usually if someone does a catch can they do a whole bunch of other stuff also.... cam, tune, etc.....

if there was nothing done this would be an easy court case for the owner.... there is no way GM would allow this to go to court and would settle for sure from my opinion.... seems like some other facts are missing..

09 Panther Black G8 GT
4L80/Procharged F1x/9"rear/430 lsx; 1330rwhp; :Worlds Heaviest G8 and fastest g8. ... lol... --4350 lbs without driver
(I work for GM-- all statements from me are opinions of my own and does not represent GM in any way.)
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 12:52 PM

Quote:
if there was nothing done this would be an easy court case for the owner.... there is no way GM would allow this to go to court and would settle for sure from my opinion.... seems like some other facts are missing..
Agreed. Under $10,000. Small Claims Court eligible. Ask for a jury trial. GM would capitulate, as their cost for a lawyer to actually show up just to answer the suit in Snuff Gully, much less defend it, would be more than their cost on the short block replacement and shop hour warranty rate paid to the dealer. Its all about the money.

Unless...GM is right and there is more to the story that the owner has conveniently left out and does not want to share.

2009 MGM GT: VCM CAI, ARH LT headers (no cats), Vector Tune, MT drag radials
Procharger D1SC still powering the box it came in January 2010, hiding somewhere in the back of my man cave.
PB: 12.533 @ 111.45 w/ 1.951 60' CLAIMING THE INTAKE/LT/TUNE/DR RECORD

"There are but three true sports...mountain climbing, bull fighting, and motor racing. The rest are merely games." Ernest Hemmingway
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-17-2018, 11:17 AM

I was looking at a catch can for my SS sedan but decided against it for the time for this very reason, the voided warranty. what a load of bull****
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page