Dealership settles with Camaro owner - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com
New Camaro Aussie engineered, Canadian built, Zeta chassis 2-door G8 (or as close as we might get)

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 09:55 PM Thread Starter
MUSCLE Biotch!

Dealership settles with Camaro owner

Damn dealerships I tell ya....

http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoram...221510197.html

97 Nissan Maxima - Engine croaked at 396K - Replacement 13,000 mile engine install and clean as hell inside
2008 White Hot G8 GT - SC 91 and Roto Tune

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Morimoto - Pennzoil Pure Plus NG Syn - Mobile 1 Filters - Harbor Freight - 3M - Spectre - Superchips Flashpaq - SuperBrightLED - Cooper Tires - Camaro SS Pan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-11-2012, 01:16 AM

I heard about this. Didn't see the you tube video before they took it down. It's the reason I do all my work myself. I don't trust anyone with my vehicles.

05 Silver Birch Silverado- Blown 383 Stroker
504 RWHP 627 RWTQ (Sold)

08 IOM G8 GT -VCM CAI, e85 Tune, 3.27 gears, SLP UDP, HSRK, 1 7/8 LT, 3" X Pipe, SOLO Axle Backs, 07 CTS-V Brembos F&R, BMR Sways, BMR Diff, Rear Cradle & Radius Rod Bushings - Dynod 335hp 352tq on base tune, PB 12.99 in the 1/4 (Sold)

2010 Black Raven CTS-V. M6, Full Build, 771whp / 716wtq

09 Pearl Mirage White GSX-R 750, Micron Exhaust, K&N Intake, Power Commander 3, Geared
1/4 Mile - 10.3

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-30-2012, 11:10 PM
Cars are my hobby...

The GM dealership cracked my bumper and rear left rim and tire was damaged. I had to fight with them to make it right.

2008 G8 GT - Procharger 14PSI D1SC, Squash Double Pumper & Fuel Rails, ID725, ZR1 Map, Port & Polished w/ 4 angle heads, Forge 9.5:1, Pacesetters 1 3/4" LTH (CAT-less), Flowmaster Super 44s, X-pipe, Brembos, 3200 FTI Triple Stall, EBC rotors & yellow pads, Motegii MR120 20x9 +38 275/30s wheels, Pedders Coilovers/Swaybars, BMR Strut bar, Pat G cam/tune!

Old: 353.8
New: 632/530 Mustang Dyno

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 07:24 AM

I don't get GM, they want you to buy their vehicles and then they treat you like sht afterwards. Are they just so stupid that they don't understand that you'll be buying MORE vehicles in the future and maybe they would want you to buy MORE vehicles from them? This sht proves GM could give a rats ass less about every single customer they sell a vehicle to. Horrible customer service is the reason I'll never buy another GM vehicle again, unfortunetly I've tried to tell my family member about how craptastic GM is but they don't listen and now my daughter is stuck with GM.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-01-2012, 08:58 AM Thread Starter
MUSCLE Biotch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
I don't get GM, they want you to buy their vehicles and then they treat you like sht afterwards. Are they just so stupid that they don't understand that you'll be buying MORE vehicles in the future and maybe they would want you to buy MORE vehicles from them? This sht proves GM could give a rats ass less about every single customer they sell a vehicle to. Horrible customer service is the reason I'll never buy another GM vehicle again, unfortunetly I've tried to tell my family member about how craptastic GM is but they don't listen and now my daughter is stuck with GM.
It's not GM, it's the asshats they hire as general managers and technicians. I think at a high level, GM does want to do right by the people and the country as a whole but that's not everyone's agenda who works for them, especially at the CS level.

Nissan service sucks also. I exploded when I went into the dealership to verify an O2 sensor for my Maxima and when I asked the parts guy which one was it, he's says, "Hell if I know. We don't know these things unless we pull the old one off first." I said "WHAT?. Well can you look on your computer." Then he huffs and puffs acting like he didn't want to do it and while he was looking I said, "You know what, just forget it!" Then we commenced to a huge argument where I got loud and ripped him a new one.

I do all my own work. I won't let those fools or any other "cerified" tech mess with my cars.

97 Nissan Maxima - Engine croaked at 396K - Replacement 13,000 mile engine install and clean as hell inside

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Morimoto - Pennzoil Pure Plus NG Syn - Mobile 1 Filters - Harbor Freight - 3M - Spectre - Superchips Flashpaq - SuperBrightLED - Cooper Tires - Camaro SS Pan
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-03-2012, 05:54 PM

My son is a GM tech and he swears he will never buy a new or used GM vehicle again.

2010 Summit White SS/RS Camaro
LS3 with 6 speed stick
Inferno Orange package
Borla headers
Solo high flow cats
Flowmaster 3" cat back
Muffler delete
1LE rear diffuser
Quad Solo tips
Cold Air Induction CAI
MPD rear spoiler
AAC LED sidemarkers
Barton short throw shifter
ZL1 rockers
ACS T4 splitter
15% tint all around
Chrome stock SS rims.
Heritage front grill
BMR strut tower brace and sway bars
Koni racing shocks
Apex catch can
Heater hose relocation
Brembo drilled rotors
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-03-2012, 06:10 PM

I wouldn't call that GM's fault. No matter how much they enforce it from the top some stupid person (or people) will do this kind of thing. GM can threaten the world coming down on a dealership but if they have a few employees who just don't care then it will not matter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

2008 Liquid Red G8 Gt #825
Rotofab, Solo axle back, GXP diffuser, spyder led tails, and some other cosmetic mods
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 07:04 AM

GM was informed of this and they said they couldn't do anything about it that it was up to the dealership. The washed their hands of the whole mess including the customer who bought the car, how is GM not at fault?

I also never said they were alone with their horrid customer service its just I have seen it first hand and know how bad GM is. I've been a GM tech, parts guy, and customer and the way they treat their customers its no wonder they went bankrupt.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 08:35 AM

What it comes down to is GM can offer the world in all their ads, but if they don't police their dealerships to ensure the customer is treated right, its all just BS. They have to walk the walk, in addition to talking the talk. If it takes pulling a few franchises to get the point across, so be it. But they gotta do something!
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deezomaxima View Post
I do all my own work. I won't let those fools or any other "cerified" tech mess with my cars.
I do the same thing every time I can. The only time I took the car to the dealer was for a bum 4 way switch and the car was under warranty. Other than that, no.

US Army Retired 1986~2008

Fortune Favors The Bold
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 10:51 AM Thread Starter
MUSCLE Biotch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
GM was informed of this and they said they couldn't do anything about it that it was up to the dealership. The washed their hands of the whole mess including the customer who bought the car, how is GM not at fault?

I also never said they were alone with their horrid customer service its just I have seen it first hand and know how bad GM is. I've been a GM tech, parts guy, and customer and the way they treat their customers its no wonder they went bankrupt.
Not sure why you have a defensive tone. I'm just giving my opinion and having a conversation. I seriously don't think top level executives are saying, "F the customer" but shyte does roll downhill. I can tell you that I work for a well known investment firm and top level execs don't know about 90% of the bs that happens at the lower levels. No, it's not right but what I'm getting at is NOW, GM had to change. Too much competition out there now and people are onto the BS now.
All I'm pointing out is Nissan nor Dodge (owned one also) were no different at the CS level within the dealership (both sucked). However, I've had my best experience with Honda when my ex had an Accord.

Everyone has their experiences but overall, I think most dealerships f people over. It sucks.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 10:54 AM Thread Starter
MUSCLE Biotch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Craneum View Post
I do the same thing every time I can. The only time I took the car to the dealer was for a bum 4 way switch and the car was under warranty. Other than that, no.
Amen to that. Right after I got my G8, the trunk release gave out. Bought the part for $13 dollars and put it on myself. Took all but 5 minutes to do.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 08:02 PM

Oh no no no sorry man I guess it may have come off that way, sorry not my intent.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
MUSCLE Biotch!

Its all good. :-)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-05-2012, 10:56 AM

I'm just curious as to what the camaro was in for.

I've had to bust some guys at a nissan dealership before. My turbo timer has speed and RPM recorder for max. I reset this anytime I take it to the dealer or just want to give the wife a hard time. Car was in for A/C and they had the rpm up to 3600 or so and 32 mph.
In a parking lot thats a cause to wreck a car. Knowing the service dealer through friends. He apologized when I saw him out with our friends. The next time I came in he made sure a senior tech got my car. They even did one of those thirty point inspections which was not needed. Or asked for.
I have heard of cars being driven off the lots and people racing and abusing cars like that. Usually it's someone who doesn't have any experience and they aren't even supposed to drive a car off the lot.
I can understand if the car had trans issue with clutch or shifting and they went out racing it some. Especially if the customer had stated said issue only does this when your doing such and such. If driving normal doesn't show the issue Driving harder may be what is needed. Knowing this is how to diagnose a issue makes it harded when explaining a problem when a dealer says you aren't supposed to drive like that. Because it's excessive. If a dealer did something and made it worse I wouldn't take the car back myself or take it to another dealer to fix. This is deffinitely the problem GM has had in the last couple of decades. From what a family member has told me GM has no control over the dealers in this regard. But they don't help out much when the dealers lie about issues with a car. So it's still a double edge on the problem.

What do you do when most of the used cars out there are lemons. It's been a few years ago since I heard this, something like 60-70% of the used cars are lemons when being bought from dealers. A lot of people dump cars when running into problems and the new owners end up getting the leftovers served cold. Look at some of the threads here and there from new members that have had to get stuffed fix after getting a car from a dealership.

That Camaro was supposed to go to auction for charity. What charity is it for the person who gets it. Who then has to go through the whole mess over again, that the original owner did. Who's to say that the dealer even fixed the problem with the car. I highly doubt the dealer put the reason for the car being put up for auction.

09 Pontiac G8GT rebadge to a Holden VE SSv
Rotofab, 1-3/4 long tube w/ full KOOKS exhaust. VMS ecm/tcm tune. CTSV brake Upgrade. CTSV wheels 19x9 on all four.
07 350z Nismo, Stillen headers, injen long tube intake. Leather seats.
90 300zxTT Major build est 450hp on low boost, 650hp on high boost. 99 spec front end, have yet to install the wing and tails.
85 Rx7 12a street port with holley 565 est 190hp
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 02:47 PM

Interesting, they have restored their Facebook account after clearing up all the posts from peoples outrage.

2009 PBM G8 GT (1 of the 3681)
SLP Blackwing CAI
SLP Long Tube Headers
MagnaFlow Cat Back Exhaust
Livernois Tune
30% tint, VG Sharkfin, Interior LED swap out
55W 6000K HID Fog Light Conversion
6000K Switchback Turn Signals
Plastidip'd all chrome
VMR v710 Matte Black 19" (F8.5"/B9.5")
376 RHP and 352 Rftlb on Mustang Dyno
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 06:49 PM

This is why I'm also stupid picky about what dealerships I go to. Usually to get points across that I'm someone who knows a thing or two about cars, I wear my uniform. Keeps most service managers from treating me like dirt. If the manager can't hear the words coming out of my mouth then they do not need my business. Even if I show them what I am talking about. It's getting harder and harder to find those at the front in service to shut up and listen when an inspection isn't needed. But I understand because of what I'm in why they try to sell inspections.

Its why the GM dealership I go to is clear across town rather than the one I bought the car at now, since the service dept tends to listen to me MOST of the time which is progress but the parts department are real winners. They get me what I need, and help to the max and even though they couldn't cut my key they tried more than once to do the job exploring all options rather than saying, here's a new flip blade go somewhere else sorry.

2008 Liquid Red V6: K&N Air Filter, Commodore Tail Lamps, GM 410mm Antenna Mast, Coil Spring Rubbers for rear suspension, Pontiac Mud Guards (Winter Only), COMMODORE Badge, GM Chiclet Debadge, UK Tax Disc, Bridgestone Potenza RE050A 96W tires, and an Interstate Battery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page