2009 G8 GT w/SAS Bluetooth upgrade - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-13-2009, 11:29 AM Thread Starter

2009 G8 GT w/SAS Bluetooth upgrade

I got a great deal from Sellers back in May on my old-invoice White Hot G8 GT (Premium/Sport/Sunroof). My only regret was that there was no Bluetooth functionality, since it wasn't a 2009.5 car.

Well, when Sellers offered the Bluetooth upgrade, I immediately let them know I wanted one, and drove from WI to MI to get it done last week Thursday.

I also had their dealership address a number of minor issues (A/C didn't blow super cold, recalls, a dash squeak/rattle, TCM update) at the same time, and they did a top-notch job.

I've been using the heck out of my Bluetooth (in conjunction with my old iPhone 2G - ordering my 3GS this week and I have to say it's awesome. Sounds great and all of the people I've called/have called me on it have reported no issues with hearing me.

Count me as one very happy Sellers/SAS customer (I also have the revamped gauges installed, and they work very, very well). Only problem I have now is that my wife, after driving my GT (and stealing it from me), just got a GXP (also in White Hot, but with the Onyx/Red interior), and she is pissed about the lack of gauges. Looks like I'll be ordering a set the next time they are in stock .

--Robert
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-13-2009, 12:59 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertHammen View Post
Well, when Sellers offered the Bluetooth upgrade, I immediately let them know I wanted one, and drove from WI to MI to get it done last week Thursday.
I too have been extremely impressed with SAS, as I have the GTPPrix triple gauges and their service and support have been TOP NOTCH!

May I ask what Bluetooth they wound up installing into the car? Was it a visor-mounted one like the Parrot or Moto t505 (which is what I have currently) or something else?

I don't think it's possible to retrofit a 2009.1 (old stock) car with the GM stock 2009.5 onstar+bluetooth system.

Please let us know.

--zepcom

2009.1 ZEPCOM MGM G8 GT
Kooks LT's, SOLO HFC & Mach Unbalanced with J-pipes, SLP Tips.
Livernois tune, VCM, FE3's, full Holden blue gauges conversion, iphone on display. Daily Driver FTW
The ZEPCOM G8 was SOLO's test mule
www.youtube.com/zepcom

Bought 3/30/2009, retired 7/18/2017 at 136k miles, still strong. Been a great ride, she will be missed!
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-13-2009, 01:55 PM Thread Starter

It's a Continental part, looks almost identical to the Onstar module they pulled out of my car (and OnStar still works). Works 100% like my wife's GXP does...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2004 Cosmos Purple GTO (summer toy)
2009 White Hot/Onyx G8 GT (daily driver)
2009 White Hot/Onyx/Red G8 GXP (summer toy)
1998 Black Olds Aurora (retired

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-13-2009, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zepcom View Post
I too have been extremely impressed with SAS, as I have the GTPPrix triple gauges and their service and support have been TOP NOTCH!

May I ask what Bluetooth they wound up installing into the car? Was it a visor-mounted one like the Parrot or Moto t505 (which is what I have currently) or something else?

I don't think it's possible to retrofit a 2009.1 (old stock) car with the GM stock 2009.5 onstar+bluetooth system.

Please let us know.

--zepcom
You must have missed this very important thread :

https://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18155

2009 G8 GT - Sold...
Pacific Slate/Onyx, Premium/Sport - 3M Clear Bra, 20% Rear Tint, GM Trunk Mat, Dimming Mirror, Holden VE Rubber Floor Mats, VMS TCM & 93 ECM Tune, Roto-Fab CAI & Radiator Cover, Pedders Bushings, Holden 6.0L Badges, GrafxWerks Badge Overlays, GXP Front Fascia & Rear Diffuser, JHP GPS Kit & Garmin, BP Catch Can, FE3/GXP Dampers, Corsa Cat-Back, GY Eagle GT Tires, GM Accessory Shift Knob
MPGTune.com Mileage History
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 07:00 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach View Post
You must have missed this very important thread :

https://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18155
Wow; thanks for the link, beach!

I think I had gotten this confused with the bluestar product, discussed from the trailvoy site ... it was a bluetooth module that REPLACED onstar functionality.

I have some reading to catch up on!

I wonder if it's user-installable yet... guess I'll have to read the thread to find out!

--zepcom

2009.1 ZEPCOM MGM G8 GT
Livernois tune, VCM, FE3's, full Holden blue gauges conversion, iphone on display. Daily Driver FTW
www.youtube.com/zepcom

Bought 3/30/2009, retired 7/18/2017 at 136k miles, still strong. Been a great ride, she will be missed!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-02-2009, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertHammen View Post
I got a great deal from Sellers back in May on my old-invoice White Hot G8 GT (Premium/Sport/Sunroof). My only regret was that there was no Bluetooth functionality, since it wasn't a 2009.5 car.

I also had their dealership address a number of minor issues (A/C didn't blow super cold, recalls, a dash squeak/rattle, TCM update) at the same time, and they did a top-notch job.

I've been using the heck out of my Bluetooth (in conjunction with my old iPhone 2G - ordering my 3GS this week and I have to say it's awesome. Sounds great and all of the people I've called/have called me on it have reported no issues with hearing me.

Count me as one very happy Sellers/SAS customer (I also have the revamped gauges installed, and they work very, very well). Only problem I have now is that my wife, after driving my GT (and stealing it from me), just got a GXP (also in White Hot, but with the Onyx/Red interior), and she is pissed about the lack of gauges. Looks like I'll be ordering a set the next time they are in stock .

--Robert
Can you elaborate on the Bluetooth upgrade? I have an April manufactured 2009 G8 GT and only get OnStar when I try to program for Bluetooth via the steering wheel phone button. The Bluetooth you refer to...is it what is going in on the newer '09s or an aftermarket mod? Also, what did it cost to purchase and have installed.

Lastly, what was the cost for the purchase and install of the gauges?

Thanks, Jim
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-02-2009, 10:57 PM
PROCHARGED!

Us, Cali people are S.O.L. for now. Unless you wanna drive to MI. They are not ready to reveal the secrets yet!

Join the fun GET Blown by Jessika
SOLD TO FENGSTANG:
PROCHARGED 2009 G8GT
D-1SC, Kooks, Magnaflow, RX & more.

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 03:40 PM Thread Starter

What's your VIN? If it's 300xxx (technically a 2009.5 car) it's BT-enabled from the factory.
If not, then you need to figure out another approach (Sellers or something like the CoStar)...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2004 Cosmos Purple GTO (summer toy)
2009 White Hot/Onyx G8 GT (daily driver)
2009 White Hot/Onyx/Red G8 GXP (summer toy)
1998 Black Olds Aurora (retired
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-05-2010, 05:14 PM

Unhappy 2009.1 OEM Bluetooth Help

This thread seems to have died...can anyone give me an update on if SAS is progressing towards a end user deliverable kit for Bluetooth + OnStar on 2009.1's? Their website appears to have had this section removed???
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 09:19 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaff View Post
This thread seems to have died...can anyone give me an update on if SAS is progressing towards a end user deliverable kit for Bluetooth + OnStar on 2009.1's? Their website appears to have had this section removed???
Shaff,

Not to burst your bubble, but there are many 2009.1 owners out there (still) looking for integrated onstar bluetooth (me included), and I am afraid that this "unauthorized mod" has ran it's course.

I think GM/Onstar got privy to what some were doing, even if they were "greening" the units to allow for them to be re-associated with a new VIN, and GM administratively "fixed the loophole" and locked the door. Weather it's GM's financial instability or scarcity of parts or new policies put into place, I have not heard of any recent "conversions" that have been successful.

I'm waiting too, but I'm afraid that as time goes on, the chance of getting this mod is lower and lower.

--zepcom

2009.1 ZEPCOM MGM G8 GT
www.youtube.com/zepcom

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-17-2010, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zepcom View Post
Shaff,

Not to burst your bubble, but there are many 2009.1 owners out there (still) looking for integrated onstar bluetooth (me included), and I am afraid that this "unauthorized mod" has ran it's course.

I think GM/Onstar got privy to what some were doing, even if they were "greening" the units to allow for them to be re-associated with a new VIN, and GM administratively "fixed the loophole" and locked the door. Weather it's GM's financial instability or scarcity of parts or new policies put into place, I have not heard of any recent "conversions" that have been successful.

I'm waiting too, but I'm afraid that as time goes on, the chance of getting this mod is lower and lower.

--zepcom
Well that sucks, I was thinking a ride to MI would be cool just a stupid excuse to go on a ride. CAI and Onstar. woo hoo ohhh nooo!

2009 G8 GT in Karma Metallic,GXP Conversion.
20% Smoke tints,Solo Axel back's & X Pipe
VCM OTR Intake(no codes) 160 Deg Tstat.
Ported intake,Ported throttle body,Catch can.
Tuned By Mongillo Motors New Haven
No Tic my dealer took that away! New seat fix.
Puttco Hyperflash LED Tail lights.
Weather Tec floor mats.Conti Pro DWS.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-23-2012, 11:31 PM

so the bluetooth pretty much became illegal?? or what?
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-26-2012, 10:26 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erbzz View Post
so the bluetooth pretty much became illegal?? or what?
No. and welcome to the forum, neighbor!

I say no because bluetooth is fully functional in my retrofit previously discussed on this thread.

The "NEW" modules available from Sellers Auto Sport have dried up (understandably, Pontiac is no more) and the few verified-compatible part number onstar boxes are very rare these days and when they do show up on ebay, they usually command a high price.

What has ended is what some believe is Onstar being able to mate a retrofit bluetooth-enabled onstar VCIM box to a 2009.1 car and have all the onstar features and functionality retained.

Onstar is different than bluetooth.

2009.1 ZEPCOM MGM G8 GT
www.youtube.com/zepcom

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-26-2012, 11:10 AM

Nice to meet you lol i just looked at the g8 im planing on buying the other day and im looking At the first things to add plus everytime i try to go on sas site it says i cant proceed theres a virus or something like that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
atari replacement , bluetooth , sas , sellers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page