Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Done with Grand Prix's...

882 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  BAS G8 
#1 ·
...Long time Pontiac fan, have had five different 2003-2007 GP's. From GT, GTP (Comp G), and my last </SOBS> </TEARS> car, a GXP. Car was stolen and totaled. Time for a new (newer) Indian!!! So, I am looking for a base G8 to put a LS in.

So, Hello... For now... Yeah, I went lifetime member. I'll be here.

</EDIT> Ok... After just a few moments of looking around... maybe I'll just look for a GT or GXP. Sounds like there's a lot to do to make all of the electronics work. Now, I'm the first one to admit that I love electronics and the challenges that that will create. Perhaps, I'll still go V6 to V8, but without all of the full on factory look, ie, just throw in a truck engine with a simple wiring solution.

Thanks!

Rob

#3 ·
@whatnext: Thanks for the reply. If I get my way, and figure out how to make a swap happen, I'd be looking for a 4L80e. Easier to find then the stock auto trans, and stronger than the 4L60e. If I came across a 6-speed Manual, that's the way I'd go.

I've started a project list so that I can kind of see pros/cons, and cost effectiveness.

I have a couple of truck ECM and harness pull outs, and a truck 5.3. So, I'm ahead of the game a little.

Thanks again for the reply.

Rob

#4 ·
Couple of threads on this board about LS swaps into a V6, the most infamous being Hazers swap.
He was the first to my knowledge to try it and there is literally days of reading there.
Again some have done he manual swap too, again lots of reading.
As you indicated just may be cheaper/easier to just buy a GXP.
….but then some owners want the challenge of the swaps....to each his own....
Good hunting.

#6 ·
Welcome to the forum. Would start "big" (GT) and go "bigger" (LS/etc.) :grin2: versus going from "small" (V6) to"big" (V8).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.