Got a "new" tuner, need car set back to factory settings - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com
Superchips

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-10-2014, 12:54 AM Thread Starter
Jae

Got a "new" tuner, need car set back to factory settings

Sometime around thanks giving last year, I bought a Cortex 2950 from a member (it came unlocked and ready to use)
It had my stock settings saved on it and about 3 weeks ago it wouldnt turn on when plugged into the OBD2 but would turn on when plugged into PC. (at the time my vehicle was tuned to 91)

So I called customer support and they gave me a RMA number and had me send my tuner in to get repaired.
So I send it in, they fix it, I get it back...simple right? No..

Just the other day I get a package and I was so excited to see my tuner back and ready to play...but the one problem I am having is the tuner I got back wasnt my original one, it was the same model 2950, but I think it was a refurb.
It came with a paper saying my original was out of date and needed a new screen.

So my issue is my vehicle is tuned and my "new" tuner is "virgin" and doesnt have a stock program...rendering it pretty useless ATM.

I have read online and my understanding is I have 2 options...
1) take it to the dealer, have them attempt to reflash ECM/TCM back to stock.
2) Superchips might be able to send me a stock tune from my old tuner or from some type of "backup" that should have been preformed when ever I plugged in my tuner to my PC.

My only issue with option 1 is it would cost me $80 with tax and the service rep didnt seem to understand what I had going on.

I have tried emailing SC and called them but it has been a few days with no email response and every chance I get to call them they are closed (Im CST)

Im hoping someone from SC will see this and be able to help me directly.
I do also have my old tuners SN.

229/244 .629.615 114LSA. 2500 Stall, Rotofab, Cortex, Solos, Camaro Trans Pan, Pypes Headers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page