Superchips Cortex Updating Procedure - Page 2 - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-10-2010, 11:00 AM

The unit seemed to update somehow...at least it took a few minutes to do something when I hooked it up to the computer. Do I need to connect it to the car to make sure the car is updated?

2009 White Hot GT-FLAMA BLANCA!

GXP Catback, Custom Axleback with SOLO J's, GXP Diffuser, RotoFab CAI, RotoFab radiator cover, custom painted engine cover, painted calipers, tint, 2010 Camaro polished 20's Pontiac centers with Falkens, Pontiac Carpet Floor mats, Black vinyl roof blackout, sides blackout, Full sized spare...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-10-2010, 12:56 PM Thread Starter
Banned

The updating program will tell you it's updated when you connect to your PC.

post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-10-2010, 04:06 PM

It actually did a self updating process when I connected it. The question is whether or not I need to connect it to my car now. If the tuner is updated do I need to update the car also?

2009 White Hot GT-FLAMA BLANCA!

GXP Catback, Custom Axleback with SOLO J's, GXP Diffuser, RotoFab CAI, RotoFab radiator cover, custom painted engine cover, painted calipers, tint, 2010 Camaro polished 20's Pontiac centers with Falkens, Pontiac Carpet Floor mats, Black vinyl roof blackout, sides blackout, Full sized spare...

post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-10-2010, 04:43 PM Thread Starter
Banned

If you connect the tuner to your car it will tell you what version is loaded. If it's a lower number than the one that you saw when you updated it on your PC, then load it into the car. If it's the same version then there's no need to retune your car.

post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-10-2010, 05:01 PM
Its Good To Be Tha King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tptboy View Post
It actually did a self updating process when I connected it. The question is whether or not I need to connect it to my car now. If the tuner is updated do I need to update the car also?
Yes, if you update your Cortex, you need to connect to the car to update the tune on the car.

Although there really isn't a newer tune than you probably have now. Most updates are new GM models/makes being added to the memory.

Trigger - Fully Loaded 2008 Stealth Blue Pontiac G8 GT

Rotofab/Cortex/BMR/Pedders/VMR/
Adams/OBX/Nitto
PRAISE THE LOWERED

post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-10-2010, 07:02 PM
yes it is.

what is the latest version now? mine says V2.08

edit: i mean 137 as well.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/335902...tiac-g8/page-1

best car i ever had. sold the car to buy a garage.

new daily driver? silver nissan sentra.

new headliner mod, custom dent in the fender.

...but hey, it's been getting 35 m.p.g. since '97.

follow me @ http://twitter.com/kickitsimple

Last edited by BigRob; 04-10-2010 at 07:28 PM.
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-23-2010, 08:55 PM

Greetings,
I am running Superchips Cortex 2950 - desktop software version 2.0.0.67 and i have version 1.4 on the tuner itself.
The vehicle being tuned is a 09 Pontiac G8 GT 6.0L
I connected the tuner to the OBDII and saved stock tune to handheld.
Next I chose quick tune and selected the 91 octane tune. Both PCM & TCM were updated via handheld.
The issue is that my vehicle has CAI tune. When I connect the tuner after it tuned my vehicle to update via interent - my updates area is not showing addition items besides the 3 (advanced data acq, go-2 tuning & tuner unlock).
How do i get the SC Easy Updater software to show the addition CAI tunes (ex. Rotofab) so that I can add to cart and purchase to then put onto handheld tuner? My window was maximized and i attempted to scroll up/down etc. I am running 1680x1050 screen resolution and I restarted my PC and re-plugged the programmer and no new items are available to add to the shopping cart?
Please advise,
Greg

'00 Grand Prix GT Cartuning Turbo- Project Ron Burgundy *Sold*
09 G8 GT 1 of 2420|Roto-Fab CAI|Cartuning 94 tune|Kooks 1 7/8 Mids|Solo v2 Cat Back|20" Breyton GTS Matte Grey w Yoko S-Drive|GXP Steering wheel|Co-Star BlueStar| MM Carbon Hood & Spoiler
Futuremods: VMS Stage 1.5 Cam, BC Coliovers, BMR sways, Shinzo vinyl roof & de-chrome, 25% tints, 160* SLP T-Stat, VMS ported Intake, VMS ported TB

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 02:25 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandPrixRollsOut View Post
Greetings,
I am running Superchips Cortex 2950 - desktop software version 2.0.0.67 and i have version 1.4 on the tuner itself.
The vehicle being tuned is a 09 Pontiac G8 GT 6.0L
I connected the tuner to the OBDII and saved stock tune to handheld.
Next I chose quick tune and selected the 91 octane tune. Both PCM & TCM were updated via handheld.
The issue is that my vehicle has CAI tune. When I connect the tuner after it tuned my vehicle to update via interent - my updates area is not showing addition items besides the 3 (advanced data acq, go-2 tuning & tuner unlock).
How do i get the SC Easy Updater software to show the addition CAI tunes (ex. Rotofab) so that I can add to cart and purchase to then put onto handheld tuner? My window was maximized and i attempted to scroll up/down etc. I am running 1680x1050 screen resolution and I restarted my PC and re-plugged the programmer and no new items are available to add to the shopping cart?
Please advise,
Greg
I am having the very same problem. Anyone?

Traded-2009 Pontiac G8 GT Liquid Red- Premium & Sport Packages. Lloyd floor mats, Pontiac trunk cargo liner, Mobil 1, Zmax treatment, SuperChips Cortex Volant 93 tune, Volant CAI, Solo-axlebacks w/ Jpipe, Solo X pipe, VG Sharkfin, OEM Mobil 1 oil cap, Billet prototype catch-can, BP Strut covers, Ultra Scan Gauge...

SOLD: 2006 Torrid Red GTO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nw9kG...eature=related
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 08:00 AM

Garage
If you guys bought the superchips programmer new, why not give Superchips support a call. You will need to have your tuner serial number handy, sometimes I've heard that on the 'back end' they can reset your serial number in their system so that you are once again presented with the option to purchase & download custom CAI tunes that they provide for a few bucks each. You can only have 1 custom CAI tune on the programmer at any one time, by the way.

Hope this helps.

--zep

2009.1 ZEPCOM MGM G8 GT
Kooks LT's, SOLO HFC & Mach Unbalanced with J-pipes, SLP Tips.
Livernois tune, VCM, FE3's, full Holden blue gauges conversion, iphone on display. Daily Driver FTW
The ZEPCOM G8 was SOLO's test mule
www.youtube.com/zepcom

Bought 3/30/2009, retired 7/18/2017 at 136k miles, still strong. Been a great ride, she will be missed!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page