Good tune for all around driving? - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com
Superchips

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-12-2010, 12:35 AM Thread Starter

Good tune for all around driving?

Hey all,

I have the 91 Rotofab tune in my car with DOD disabled and stock trans tune. I would like to know if there is a way to help with the delayed downshift...basically from 6th to 4th and 5th to 3rd at 3/4 power the trans shifts down one gear then goes down another. I would like it to shifter directly to the lower gear without flooring it every time. Is there a way to solve this problem with the Cortex or do I need to go with a more advanced tune?

I'm also getting lifter noise on cold starts...is this possibly because my DOD is disabled or is there a way to tune that out also?

Thanks for the advice in advance!

2009 White Hot GT-FLAMA BLANCA!

GXP Catback, Custom Axleback with SOLO J's, GXP Diffuser, RotoFab CAI, RotoFab radiator cover, custom painted engine cover, painted calipers, tint, 2010 Camaro polished 20's Pontiac centers with Falkens, Pontiac Carpet Floor mats, Black vinyl roof blackout, sides blackout, Full sized spare...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 05:48 AM
Its Good To Be Tha King

Throttle placement has a lot to do with downshifts. If you go directly to half throttle, the car will downshift 2 gears at once like you want. If you roll into the throttle to half throttle, she will shifts gear to gear. Try being a bit more aggressive with the throttle when you want it do jump down 2 or 3 gears. Going WOT at 60mph, she will jump down into second gear and take off like a rocket

A little tick on start up in cold weather is normal. If it lasts longer than 10 seconds, then you may have a problem.

Trigger - Fully Loaded 2008 Stealth Blue Pontiac G8 GT

Rotofab/Cortex/BMR/Pedders/VMR/
Adams/OBX/Nitto
PRAISE THE LOWERED

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 08:59 AM Thread Starter

Thanks SRG...I will try that with the throttle. I get really annoyed by the trans sometimes!

The tick at start isn't in cold weather just if I haven't driven the car in a couple days. I guess it is from the lack of oil up top right? Would synthetic oil help with that or maybe slightly thicker oil? It is pretty hot here in Houston most of the year.

2009 White Hot GT-FLAMA BLANCA!

GXP Catback, Custom Axleback with SOLO J's, GXP Diffuser, RotoFab CAI, RotoFab radiator cover, custom painted engine cover, painted calipers, tint, 2010 Camaro polished 20's Pontiac centers with Falkens, Pontiac Carpet Floor mats, Black vinyl roof blackout, sides blackout, Full sized spare...

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tptboy View Post
Thanks SRG...I will try that with the throttle. I get really annoyed by the trans sometimes!

The tick at start isn't in cold weather just if I haven't driven the car in a couple days. I guess it is from the lack of oil up top right? Would synthetic oil help with that or maybe slightly thicker oil? It is pretty hot here in Houston most of the year.
synthetic is recommended for the V8

'08 PBM GT
Roto-Fab CAI, SLP Headers, GXP Catback, Custom Tune
Pedders Street I, FE3 Struts
Tints, Sharkfin antenna, passenger seat mod
19" VMR V810 Gunmetal Wheels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page