New Trans Tuning Released - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com
Superchips

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-27-2010, 04:01 PM Thread Starter
Its Good To Be Tha King

New Trans Tuning Released

New TCM Tune released to general public.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Ok, the new trans tuning should be live. It will be in db revision 138 and higher.

We tried to smooth out the shifting for the lower gears make the car generally more street friendly. Beta's feel free to post your impressions if you don't mind.

As a reminder, these transmissions take a long term to re-learn after tuning, so it’ll take a lot of miles before the tuning will settle. Some cars will shift lighter and some more firm until it has learned the new parameters.

As always, feedback is much appreciated.

Scott

Give the Manumatic a couple weeks of driving to settle in.

Drive like you normally would. The car will learn your driving habits over a couple hundred miles.

Trigger - Fully Loaded 2008 Stealth Blue Pontiac G8 GT

Rotofab/Cortex/BMR/Pedders/VMR/
Adams/OBX/Nitto
PRAISE THE LOWERED

Last edited by SRG963; 07-27-2010 at 04:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-27-2010, 04:28 PM Thread Starter
Its Good To Be Tha King

Who's gonna be first posting feedback? lol

Trigger - Fully Loaded 2008 Stealth Blue Pontiac G8 GT

Rotofab/Cortex/BMR/Pedders/VMR/
Adams/OBX/Nitto
PRAISE THE LOWERED

Last edited by SRG963; 07-27-2010 at 04:39 PM.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-27-2010, 11:44 PM

no update...just questions sorry.

I have the G8 tuned right now with the base 93 (or 91, can't remember which one I tried last) tune. I downloaded the Volant CAI tune but have not applied it yet as I am waiting for HID's to do both at the same time (i.e. while the airbox is out). If I connect and update will it affect the Volant tune that is already on the Cortex in any way? I just want the Volant tune to remain unchanged until I am ready for it. I've never put it back to stock and then had to tune again so I'm not sure. I am also going to have to put it back to stock soon for a dealer visit (before the mods) and want to make sure that when I get it back and go to tune it back with the Cortex that the Volant CAI tune is not the only option. I am assuming that it is maintaining two distinct tunes in the Cortex and either would be able to be selected, but I just wanted to make sure. Thanks.

Daily Fun - 2009 PBM GT, Sport & Premium, VCM, SOLO Mach Catback, Tune, L76 Oil Cap, Visor & Arrowhead Decals, Planned Soon: Top End Build by RCR and a few other goodies
Weekend Fun - 2009.5 Pacific Slate Metallic GXP, A6, Sunroof - Stock (#960, 1 of 18 as optioned)
Daily Hauler - 2006 Chevrolet Avalanche - CAI, HID's, Sail Panel LED's, LOF, Plasma
Two Wheel Fun - 2005 Honda VTX1300C

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-28-2010, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyview View Post
no update...just questions sorry.

I have the G8 tuned right now with the base 93 (or 91, can't remember which one I tried last) tune. I downloaded the Volant CAI tune but have not applied it yet as I am waiting for HID's to do both at the same time (i.e. while the airbox is out). If I connect and update will it affect the Volant tune that is already on the Cortex in any way? I just want the Volant tune to remain unchanged until I am ready for it. I've never put it back to stock and then had to tune again so I'm not sure. I am also going to have to put it back to stock soon for a dealer visit (before the mods) and want to make sure that when I get it back and go to tune it back with the Cortex that the Volant CAI tune is not the only option. I am assuming that it is maintaining two distinct tunes in the Cortex and either would be able to be selected, but I just wanted to make sure. Thanks.
I updated my cortex yesterday. I had been using the Rotofab CAI tune and it was untouched through the update process. It's just a base TCM tune revision so the CAI tunes aren't affected.

2009 PBM G8 GT
TVS 1900 Maggie w/2.8" pulley (9-10 PSI), Maximizer LTs, High Flow Cats, LS9 injectors, Rotofab CAI, LC-2 WB, 40A KB BAP, TR6ix plugs, self tuned [250+ flashes], Camaro Paddle Shifters, UPR catch can, 4300k HIDs, Remote Start Heated Seat Control Module , Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge, JBL GTO628's, JL 8w3v3's w/JBL P180.2, Bridgestone RE-11 tires
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-28-2010, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron407 View Post
I updated my cortex yesterday. I had been using the Rotofab CAI tune and it was untouched through the update process. It's just a base TCM tune revision so the CAI tunes aren't affected.
Got it. Thanks.

Daily Fun - 2009 PBM GT, Sport & Premium, VCM, SOLO Mach Catback, Tune, L76 Oil Cap, Visor & Arrowhead Decals, Planned Soon: Top End Build by RCR and a few other goodies
Weekend Fun - 2009.5 Pacific Slate Metallic GXP, A6, Sunroof - Stock (#960, 1 of 18 as optioned)
Daily Hauler - 2006 Chevrolet Avalanche - CAI, HID's, Sail Panel LED's, LOF, Plasma
Two Wheel Fun - 2005 Honda VTX1300C
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-03-2010, 06:13 PM
kevin13_87

Garage
I just updated and now my Cortex says "Tuner Error! Call Superchips! Use code # G-81... Anyone know what that is? Superchips isn't open after 5...CRAP!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010, 10:50 PM
2009.1 Liquid Red G8 GT

I got the same error after updating. Called into them about 4PM today and still awaiting a return call. Wondering if my VIM flash has something to do with it?

2009.1 Liquid Red GT Premium/Sport w/Sunroof
Front Plate Delete, Bass mod, Partial Debadge, Cargo Liner & Weathertech Digitalfit floor mats,
Pat G Tune, GTPprix's Atari Gauge Mod & OEM Bluetooth & VIM, Leather sliding center console cover, Pace Performance Jack Kit and full size spare, Rotofab CAI and rad cover, Mobil 1 Oil cap, GXP axlebacks.

1 of 2717
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page