Issues with current tune. - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com
Superchips

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 10:15 PM Thread Starter

Issues with current tune.

Your current tune has a bug. While the 3-2 down shift is greatly reduced and trying to kill you by lurching forward its still buggy.

45-50 mph from 3rd to 2nd (high rev but under redline for sure) it will kill its self. It shifts, its smooth but the gas is killed. Sometimes you can pull over and restart the car and it goes away. Other times you have to reset the via the programmer. When this happens it puts no codes out, it does nothing at all in terms of errors. Its basically in one hell of a limp mode, its like a fuel cutoff has been triggered.

Now I know I can shift at 60+ going from 2-3 no issues.

Anyway to role back? AKA if I floor it at 45-50 mph it will kick to 2nd and it will go into limp mode. This does not happen in stock mode at all with or without the CAI tune. Last tune did not do this. It is repeatable any day of the week right now.

If not got any suggestion how to set it up? Right now everything is superchips value except TM set at 50%.

www.discounttiredirect.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 04:26 AM

i have a similar problem and mine is set to 25%...i may set the shift points back to stock today and see if it improves. i also think think im just going to go back to the regular 93 pref tune instead of the volant. i was chirping 3rd with just a tune. now i got the intake and axle backs and im barely getting 2nd spin and its jerky and sometimes slugish...gonna try it later and see it if helps..
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 06:05 AM
Its Good To Be Tha King

If your having issues, please contact Superchips directly.

Customer Service Hours:
Monday thru Friday
8:00 am – 5:00 pm (EST)

Tech Support:
[email protected]

Trigger - Fully Loaded 2008 Stealth Blue Pontiac G8 GT

Rotofab/Cortex/BMR/Pedders/VMR/
Adams/OBX/Nitto
PRAISE THE LOWERED

Last edited by SRG963; 09-08-2010 at 08:30 AM.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardTech View Post
Your current tune has a bug. While the 3-2 down shift is greatly reduced and trying to kill you by lurching forward its still buggy.

45-50 mph from 3rd to 2nd (high rev but under redline for sure) it will kill its self. It shifts, its smooth but the gas is killed. Sometimes you can pull over and restart the car and it goes away. Other times you have to reset the via the programmer. When this happens it puts no codes out, it does nothing at all in terms of errors. Its basically in one hell of a limp mode, its like a fuel cutoff has been triggered.

Now I know I can shift at 60+ going from 2-3 no issues.

Anyway to role back? AKA if I floor it at 45-50 mph it will kick to 2nd and it will go into limp mode. This does not happen in stock mode at all with or without the CAI tune. Last tune did not do this. It is repeatable any day of the week right now.

If not got any suggestion how to set it up? Right now everything is superchips value except TM set at 50%.
This, exact thing, happened to me, for the first time, this morning. I had to pull over and turn off the car and then turn it back on. Has anyone spoken to SC about it?

2009.5 Liquid Red Premium+Sport Packages,
D-1 Procharger, ERL Performance 402, Roto Fab CAI, Kooks 1 7/8th LTHs, Solo mufflers, Circle D Torque Converter, Trans Cooler, BMR Swaybars, Matte Black Vinyl Roof, Matte Black Powder Coated stock 19's, tinted tails+side markers, GXP diffuser, Plasti-Dip blacked out chrome kidney grille surrounds, front/back arrows, spoiler, fender and V-flag, DBA Hawk Brake Kit w/Slotted Rotors and Ceramic Pads.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 09:28 AM
Its Good To Be Tha King

I sent a PM to Scott for you guys.

Adams/OBX/Nitto
PRAISE THE LOWERED

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 09:38 AM

thanks. i was gonna call when i got home from work. im gonna try and retune it back to stock and drive it than try 93 pref again...than maybe the volant tune. altho im not to happy with it so far. glad it was only a 4 bucks.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 10:53 AM
Site Sponsor

I need those of you having this issue to call in to customer service at your earliest convenience and log the issue with a rep.

From there forward me your tuner SN and issue tag number provided by the rep so i can bring this issue up to the engineer directly for you to help get things moving faster.

Sorry for the inconvenience

Scott
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 11:17 AM

will do!

2009.5 Liquid Red Premium+Sport Packages,
D-1 Procharger, ERL Performance 402, Roto Fab CAI, Kooks 1 7/8th LTHs, Solo mufflers, Circle D Torque Converter, Trans Cooler, BMR Swaybars, Matte Black Vinyl Roof, Matte Black Powder Coated stock 19's, tinted tails+side markers, GXP diffuser, Plasti-Dip blacked out chrome kidney grille surrounds, front/back arrows, spoiler, fender and V-flag, DBA Hawk Brake Kit w/Slotted Rotors and Ceramic Pads.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deiz29 View Post
i have a similar problem and mine is set to 25%...i may set the shift points back to stock today and see if it improves.
I've had a few issues with the new tune, including some very clunky downshift performance (significant stutter on many downshifts to 2nd). I found that putting the shift points to stock made things feel better all around, which is unfortunate since increasing the shift points was one of the main reasons I bought the tuner. In the end you might benefit from using stock shift points until the tune is straightened out.

2009 PBM G8 GT
TVS 1900 Maggie w/2.8" pulley (9-10 PSI), Maximizer LTs, High Flow Cats, LS9 injectors, Rotofab CAI, LC-2 WB, 40A KB BAP, TR6ix plugs, self tuned [250+ flashes], Camaro Paddle Shifters, UPR catch can, 4300k HIDs, Remote Start Heated Seat Control Module , Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge, JBL GTO628's, JL 8w3v3's w/JBL P180.2, Bridgestone RE-11 tires
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 01:42 PM

my 2-1 downshift almost threw me out into an intersection the other day. Was trying to stop quick for red light and once I stopped, wham huge surge forward... not cool.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 09:20 PM Thread Starter

Anyone want to call in for me? I have a normal job of 6am to 6pm. So its not gonna work for me.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-13-2010, 11:48 AM
Its Good To Be Tha King

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardTech View Post
Anyone want to call in for me? I have a normal job of 6am to 6pm. So its not gonna work for me.

Lunch break?

You can send them a email, but it will take longer for a response.

Tech Support:
[email protected]

Adams/OBX/Nitto
PRAISE THE LOWERED

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-13-2010, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron407 View Post
I've had a few issues with the new tune, including some very clunky downshift performance (significant stutter on many downshifts to 2nd). I found that putting the shift points to stock made things feel better all around, which is unfortunate since increasing the shift points was one of the main reasons I bought the tuner. In the end you might benefit from using stock shift points until the tune is straightened out.
Turns out the stock shift points didn't actually fix the issue. I guess I'll email their tech support.

2009 PBM G8 GT
TVS 1900 Maggie w/2.8" pulley (9-10 PSI), Maximizer LTs, High Flow Cats, LS9 injectors, Rotofab CAI, LC-2 WB, 40A KB BAP, TR6ix plugs, self tuned [250+ flashes], Camaro Paddle Shifters, UPR catch can, 4300k HIDs, Remote Start Heated Seat Control Module , Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge, JBL GTO628's, JL 8w3v3's w/JBL P180.2, Bridgestone RE-11 tires
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-13-2010, 07:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRG963 View Post
Lunch break?

You can send them a email, but it will take longer for a response.

Tech Support:
[email protected]
Lunch break? Damn I knew I should have negotiated that in... In all reality I sit at my desk during lunch doing my work so I can be home when I am.

Ill email them I guess, but it seems to be a bigger problem than I thought. A friend said he had this issue on his old dodge truck for a long time blaming it on the tuner. Turned out to be a fuel pump problem which our car is plagued by. I will wait to see if SC offers some real help on this and starts to nail down an issue.

For any SC employee, my friend is a beta tester of your tunes for Dodge hemi. If you want him to test/report/iron out bugs im more than willing to get him on board for this. As he already knows your procedures for testing/reporting.

www.discounttiredirect.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page