Brake Torque Management. Can you remove? - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 04:04 PM Thread Starter

Brake Torque Management. Can you remove?

Scott. Superchips removed the torque management. But brake torque management is something else that can be removed. i.e. You are at the track brake torquing the vehicle. You will actually get slower times on the 60 foot. That is because the computer pulls timing. I know there is another table to get rid of this. It would fit into Superchips MO since it is epa legal. Any thoughts on this?

WildhorsePass,AZ 12/11/2015
11.48 @ 118.71 DA 2000 feet
Tucson Dragway, AZ 12/31/2015
11.7 @ 119.1 DA 4000 feet
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Silver Shadow"

416 with Lunati crank/rods. wiseco domed pistons. 11.3 to 1 compression. gmpp heads with a little work. 3600 circle d triple disc stall, rotofab, FAST 102 with matching t.b. underdrive pulley, 3.27 Camaro diff., 1 7/8s mids with full 3 inch exhaust. drag radials. (other mods for strength and handling; but not for speed)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-20-2010, 09:53 AM

I will see what the engineer has to say about what he can do with this feature. I will update my post once I get a reply.

Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertg8 View Post
Scott. Superchips removed the torque management. But brake torque management is something else that can be removed. i.e. You are at the track brake torquing the vehicle. You will actually get slower times on the 60 foot. That is because the computer pulls timing. I know there is another table to get rid of this. It would fit into Superchips MO since it is epa legal. Any thoughts on this?
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-01-2010, 08:17 PM

add me

bump

2009 G8 GT
Sport/Prem Onyx/Red

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-01-2010, 08:41 PM
TLS

How about using the hand brake? If your only using it to get to 1K rpm or so, will the use of the handbrake affect the torque management???

2009.5 G8 GT SRM
Sport + Premium - No Sunroof
255/40-19 Conti DW Summers
18" Winter wheels with Conti DWS's
Full Size Spare and Jack kit
Sliding Armrest
Volant CAI w/Amsoil dry filter (HSRK)
Maximizer LTH's & Midpipes into Corsa Axlebacks
Mustang Dyno tune
FE3, Eibach, Whiteline mounts, New Control Arms, Moog Endlinks
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-02-2010, 08:54 AM

I spoke with the engineer and management about this option and with the combination of time it would take to investigate and create a tune for this kind of feature it was not something they are able to dedicate to at this point.

Scott
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-02-2010, 09:11 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLS View Post
How about using the hand brake? If your only using it to get to 1K rpm or so, will the use of the handbrake affect the torque management???
Handbrake does the OPPOSITE of what he's looking to do.

The handbrake locks the inner hub of the rear wheels only, also known as a parking brake. This would effectively "prevent" him from doing the burnouts he desires. He needs the rears free without pulling timing so that he can do a proper brake torque burnout.

He really needs a "trans brake" which locks the front wheels so he can light up the rears in prep of the 1/4 mile run.

Superchips does not support this.

2009.1 ZEPCOM MGM G8 GT
Kooks LT's, SOLO HFC & Mach Unbalanced with J-pipes, SLP Tips.
Livernois tune, VCM, FE3's, full Holden blue gauges conversion, iphone on display. Daily Driver FTW
The ZEPCOM G8 was SOLO's test mule
www.youtube.com/zepcom

Bought 3/30/2009, retired 7/18/2017 at 136k miles, still strong. Been a great ride, she will be missed!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zepcom View Post
Handbrake does the OPPOSITE of what he's looking to do.

The handbrake locks the inner hub of the rear wheels only, also known as a parking brake. This would effectively "prevent" him from doing the burnouts he desires. He needs the rears free without pulling timing so that he can do a proper brake torque burnout.

He really needs a "trans brake" which locks the front wheels so he can light up the rears in prep of the 1/4 mile run.

Superchips does not support this.
A line lock locks the front brakes. A transbrake is in the valve body of an automatic transmission. It locks 1st gear and Reverse together to hold the car at the line during launch.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-04-2010, 09:49 AM
TLS

Oh, I thought he wanted to simply brake torque at the starting line to launch quicker.

My bad.

2009.5 G8 GT SRM
Sport + Premium - No Sunroof
255/40-19 Conti DW Summers
18" Winter wheels with Conti DWS's
Full Size Spare and Jack kit
Sliding Armrest
Volant CAI w/Amsoil dry filter (HSRK)
Maximizer LTH's & Midpipes into Corsa Axlebacks
Mustang Dyno tune
FE3, Eibach, Whiteline mounts, New Control Arms, Moog Endlinks
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-04-2010, 01:26 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
A line lock locks the front brakes. A transbrake is in the valve body of an automatic transmission. It locks 1st gear and Reverse together to hold the car at the line during launch.

Thank you, I stand corrected. I apologize for my misinformation; I swapped out the wrong terminology when I was trying to help.

Anthony is correct. I meant to say "line lock" for the front brakes. My bad!

2009.1 ZEPCOM MGM G8 GT
Kooks LT's, SOLO HFC & Mach Unbalanced with J-pipes, SLP Tips.
Livernois tune, VCM, FE3's, full Holden blue gauges conversion, iphone on display. Daily Driver FTW
The ZEPCOM G8 was SOLO's test mule
www.youtube.com/zepcom

Bought 3/30/2009, retired 7/18/2017 at 136k miles, still strong. Been a great ride, she will be missed!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page