SC Forum Issue/G8 TCM Issues - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com
Superchips

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-08-2011, 05:43 PM Thread Starter

SC Forum Issue/G8 TCM Issues

For the superchips staff: Myself and some others have been trying to register to post on the SC forum, but we cannot get an activation email generated. I have personally tried two different emails with no luck and others are saying they have not received activation emails as well.

If anyone is checking from SC, we have developed an issue with the TCM tune that we would kindly like addressed. It can be seen in the following thread:

https://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48509

Essentially, the SC TCM tune is causing some change in the adaptive shift strategies of the G8 and in some instances, causing loud booms and lashing in the driveline on various shifts. This adaptive shift issue was verified by an adaptive shift reset by GM dealers, which caused the transmission to return to "normal" behavior. We should also note that nobody with a stock TCM file has noted any booming or lashing. One member commented in the thread that it's possible that the Torque Management switches have been completely turned off, amongst other things. If nothing else, I think there should be an option to keep the stock TCM file completely unchanged, even if we would like to use the ECM tune.

Any help would be greatly appreciated from the G8 community. Thanks!

2009 G8 GT

35W HID, LED fogs, custom front/rear Pontiac symbol badges, sharkfin, BlueStar Bluetooth, GXP front end, GXP diffuser, x-pipe, straight through mufflers with helmholtz chambers, RotoFab intake , Eibach springs, FE3 shocks/struts, BMR rear subframe inserts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-08-2011, 07:13 PM
Its Good To Be Tha King

Send [email protected] a PM, he'll get things resolved.

Trigger - Fully Loaded 2008 Stealth Blue Pontiac G8 GT

Rotofab/Cortex/BMR/Pedders/VMR/
Adams/OBX/Nitto
PRAISE THE LOWERED

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-09-2011, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

Thanks SRG

EDIT: PM Sent. Hopefully we can resolve the issue

2009 G8 GT

35W HID, LED fogs, custom front/rear Pontiac symbol badges, sharkfin, BlueStar Bluetooth, GXP front end, GXP diffuser, x-pipe, straight through mufflers with helmholtz chambers, RotoFab intake , Eibach springs, FE3 shocks/struts, BMR rear subframe inserts

Last edited by romeyjdogg; 07-09-2011 at 04:48 PM.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-10-2011, 09:52 PM

Still nothing on my end in terms of a confirmation email.

2009 PBM G8 GT
TVS 1900 Maggie w/2.8" pulley (9-10 PSI), Maximizer LTs, High Flow Cats, LS9 injectors, Rotofab CAI, LC-2 WB, 40A KB BAP, TR6ix plugs, self tuned [250+ flashes], Camaro Paddle Shifters, UPR catch can, 4300k HIDs, Remote Start Heated Seat Control Module , Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge, JBL GTO628's, JL 8w3v3's w/JBL P180.2, Bridgestone RE-11 tires
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-11-2011, 08:24 AM
Site Sponsor

We haven't changed any of the code other than to work with any new dealer updates released so I am not sure what's causing this issue.

The best thing I can recommend at this point is to contact customer service directly on this issue.

Email works but calling works faster and you can get more detailed info to customer service when you speak to a rep directly that way which will help speed up the resolution.

Customer service can be reached at 888-227-2447.

Feel free to keep me posted on this situation. I will help where I can.

Scott
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page