Some new vidoes of my Corsa setup - Compliation video - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009, 12:03 AM Thread Starter
G8 GT Owner

Some new vidoes of my Corsa setup - Compliation video

was bored and had some new clips. so i thought i would throw something together

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Csss2TKJlXI

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Photos
320 rwhp/340 ft-lb
1/4 mile: 13.30 @ 105 mph

Last edited by Boomer; 02-01-2009 at 04:22 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009, 12:28 AM
Banned

Sounds really good! Do the DB mufflers have the sound canceling technology like their systems, and is there any drone with those mufflers?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009, 12:32 AM
Stryker

Nice!

Thanks for posting.

I love the way your car sounds and I think I might go your route. How much did it cost for your exhaust setup installed?(components and labor)

2003 F-150 Supercrew Lariat/FX4 5.4L 2v......Sold
2009 G8 GT: Stryker Blue, Premium Package
Modifications: Vararam Ram Air Intake, VMS PowerFlash, PM-FL no muffler axle-backs & ARH 1 7/8ths header system with cats
Deciding: Cam in a year?

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009, 07:35 AM Thread Starter
G8 GT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRCUSTOMPARTS View Post
Sounds really good! Do the DB mufflers have the sound canceling technology like their systems, and is there any drone with those mufflers?
Yes it does. but the Black versions only have one small chamber to help cancel drone. when i was purchasing mufflers, drone wasn't really a worry of mine. they do drone in the normal area of 1600-2000 rpm, but for me probably 75% of the time i am "cruising" there is zero drone. but cruise at 1800 rpm and its a little different. having DOD disabled helps a lot.

if worried about drone, go with the Red versions as they have 2 cancellation chambers. one at the front and the rear of the muffler. so the Reds should reduce drone much better than the Blacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Commodore View Post
Nice!

Thanks for posting.

I love the way your car sounds and I think I might go your route. How much did it cost for your exhaust setup installed?(components and labor)
just rounding:

X-Pipe: $100
Mufflers: $340 shipped from jegs.com
muffler install labor: $80

the mufflers have gone up on jegs.com since i bought them. but you can still find them for a decent price elsewhere. they are the 2.5 inch offset in/center out mufflers.

Photos
320 rwhp/340 ft-lb
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009, 09:02 AM

dang that sounds awesome
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009, 01:34 PM
Addicted

Sounds very nice....

2017 Chevrolet SS Orange Blast, A6, Stock except Holden Badges
[COLOR=Black]2011 Yukon XL Denali AWD - winter beater
2013 Dodge Caravan R/T - family Hauler
2002 Grand Prix GTP 40th Anniversary. SD headers, CAI...stock [email protected] (pre-headers).

Past Ride: 2009 G8 GT Stryker Blue
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009, 04:43 PM

Boomer, the car sounds killer still. I'm going nuts waiting for the hi-flow cats to come out. Even then I doubt the reds will sound as agressive as your blacks.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 09:11 AM Thread Starter
G8 GT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris View Post
Boomer, the car sounds killer still. I'm going nuts waiting for the hi-flow cats to come out. Even then I doubt the reds will sound as agressive as your blacks.
Thanks!

I'm looking forward to hearing your setup with some high flow cats. are you waiting for the magnaflow high flow cats? i wouldn't mind hearing another clip of your setup as it is now, maybe a take off clip

I noticed i never responded to one of your questions a while back when you asked me if the sound of my mufflers changed over time. to be honest, i don't think they have changed since I've installed them. nothing dramatic anyways.

Photos
320 rwhp/340 ft-lb

Last edited by Boomer; 02-02-2009 at 09:15 AM.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 08:23 PM

At this point I'll take the Magnaflow or the random technology both will be bolt on applications when they come out. If they were both out now I would buy Random's as I have used them before and was happy with the quality and hp gain. I'm still up in the air on if I'm going to do the shorties.

I'll see what I can do on a take off video. I'll probably have to set the camera on the ground or get my 6 year old to film it. Then figure out how to get back into my photo bucket account. I forgot my account name and password lol. My Dad was telling me there is a way to find out all your passwords but I'm not sure how. I could always just open up a new one I guess.

Thanks for commenting about the lack of sound change with your mufflers. I would have lost that bet. I would still bet the bank that mine did change like the MF mufflers did though.

Your car gets a nice 1 to 2 scratch when shifting. Did you reduce the torque management or remove it?
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 09:10 PM Thread Starter
G8 GT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris View Post
At this point I'll take the Magnaflow or the random technology both will be bolt on applications when they come out. If they were both out now I would buy Random's as I have used them before and was happy with the quality and hp gain. I'm still up in the air on if I'm going to do the shorties.

I'll see what I can do on a take off video. I'll probably have to set the camera on the ground or get my 6 year old to film it. Then figure out how to get back into my photo bucket account. I forgot my account name and password lol. My Dad was telling me there is a way to find out all your passwords but I'm not sure how. I could always just open up a new one I guess.

Thanks for commenting about the lack of sound change with your mufflers. I would have lost that bet. I would still bet the bank that mine did change like the MF mufflers did though.

Your car gets a nice 1 to 2 scratch when shifting. Did you reduce the torque management or remove it?
cool, get er done! you think about the SLP LT headers that bolt right up to the stock/magnaflow catback?

when my car chirped the tires both times in this video up**** T/M was actually enabled at 100%. i keep it enabled most of the time. with the shorter shifts and added line pressure, it will get light chirps like that sometimes. when its disabled, it can chirp really hard!

Photos
320 rwhp/340 ft-lb
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 01:07 PM

Is that setup NJ emissions legal?

- Nick Holden
Debadged 2008 G8 GT Panther Black w/Premium Pkg.
Roto-Fab CAI | VMS ECM 93 Oct. & TCM Tune | SLP Powerflo Axle backs
35% front 20% rear tints | DDM 55W 6000k HIDs
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 04:12 PM Thread Starter
G8 GT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozidar8 View Post
Is that setup NJ emissions legal?
Hum, i'm not sure exactly what your state rules are, but my car has the stock cats and all, so it should be. its pretty much like putting new mufflers on a car...

It shouldn't be any different compared to buying a Magnaflow catback.

Photos
320 rwhp/340 ft-lb
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 04:25 PM
Street Racing Czar

Garanteed that's legal in NJ if its legal here in PA.

I have a pair of the DB blacks also but i'm getting a system fabbed up with straight pipes replacing the cats to an X to the Corsa Blacks to Hooker 3" dual/duals, within the next week i should have the system installed all for under 200$. Thanks boomer for the original clips, and those new fly-by's are just amazing.

09 WH G8 GT - RaceKrafters Custom Tune, Custom Corsa Cat-Back
Coming Soon - Vararam, AR Headers
69 Metallic Blue GTO JUDGE - Just a couple modifications
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by TheTugBoat; 02-04-2009 at 07:26 PM.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-04-2009, 08:51 AM Thread Starter
G8 GT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTugBoat View Post
Garanteed that's legal in NJ if its legal here in PA.

I have a pair of the DB blacks also but i'm getting a system fabbed up with straight pipes replacing the cats to an X to the Corsa Blacks to Hooker 3" dual/duals, within the next week i should have the system installed all for under 200$. Thanks boomer for the original clips, and those new fly-by's just are just amazing.
Nice! would love to hear it after its all done!

The price went down a lot on Jegs! $140 each! great deal! i paid $169 each.

http://www.jegs.com/p/Corsa/964933/10002/-1

Photos
320 rwhp/340 ft-lb
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-11-2009, 08:23 PM
2nd place is 1st loser...

any more info on this exhaust? how has it been? could you possibly do an in car video?

2008 LR G8 GT
Appearance: 20" MS Camaro wheels, Brembos, tinted tails, SLP spoiler, gloss black roof and spoiler, GXP diffuser, tinted side markers, V8 badge, tinted windows, sharkfin antenna, CF plenum cover, CF intake, FR covers, polished ABS cover, Roto-Fab rad cover
Performance: Monroe struts, Eibach springs, BMR tunnel brace, sway bars, subframe connectors, 275's, SLP LT headers, Borla cat-back, VMS tune, Roto-Fab intake, 160' thermostat
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 09:49 PM

i tell u what that sounds sick

Corsa catback
Vararam Intake
Kooks 1 3/4" headers
Ported throttle body
160 thermostat
Spartan Performance Cam
Powerbond underdrive pulley
Ported Heads & Valve job
3600 Yank
Vossens wheels
PCM forless trans cooler
6k led fogs
Hid headlights 8k/55 watt
Gxp front bumper
Gxp diffuser
102mm FAST Lsxr intake manifold
Dba brake kit
Spartan performance tune
Bmr sway bars
3.73 gear
Bc racing coilovers :
Pedders LCA
Electric Cut-Outs
Built trans
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 04:43 AM
LS is More

Man, that's a bad a$$ sound. Very nice job!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2009.5 Pontiac G8 GT SBM Sport & Premium w/ Sunroof & Bluetooth - My Tune (HP Tuners), Rotofab CAI, HSRK, Corsa CB, Kooks 1 7/8" LTH, Kooks Catted connectors
1987 VW Scirocco 16V - Stock
1985 Buick Grand National - Not Stock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page