Fresh PSM paint! - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-11-2013, 03:42 PM Thread Starter

Fresh PSM paint!

Just got my car back from a complete tear-down and repaint. The factory paint was just worn out, scratched, chipped, etc... after 70K. Went back with the sexiest color offered on the G8 - PSM. Also had the intake cover painted/ hydro-dipped. Going to do some more dress up under the hood and some suspension work after the first of the year.

The original paint was less than 2 mils. Now, the clear coat is double that, and it shows. It's deep and shiny now, and should last a long time. Plus, it's all one color.

'09 PSM G8 GT w/ Premium & Sport packages.
Go: LS3, BTR 233/250 (Stg IV) cam, Manzo 2" Camaro LTs, Kooks 3" mids, GXP axle backs, VCM, 100mm LS7 MAF, 3.27's, Circle-D 3600 stall, built 6L80E. Tuned by Me.
Whoa!: CTS-V/ Camaro Brembos, full Zeta II front and rear suspension swap w/ BMR goodies and BC coil-overs.
Show: LED headlights and fogs, VG Sharkfin, GXP bumper & diffuser, 10% tint, de-badged, CTS-V wheels.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-16-2013, 06:28 PM

Paint looksgreat, but that intake cover doesnt match the rest of the car though.

PBM G8 GXP M6-Self flex fuel tune,OBX LTs, Kooks A/B, Monster clutch, 3.45 gear,LSA S/C, cam, fuel system, stock block and stock heads, 12 PSI.
Best e.t 10.41/ best mph 138.7 Half Mile: 168.3 mph
2007 TBSS-Self tune, bolt ons [email protected], 1,560 D.A
1991 GMC Syclone- Self tune/catback [email protected], 4,200ft D.A
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0o...xsBDzFImcyBfeA
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-16-2013, 06:58 PM

Garage
I agree, paint looks good but blue/skulls I'm not too sure about. It'd look pretty good in my new SBM so dibbs on that if you want to trade or sell lol

SOLD
2009.1 GT

LS3, EPS Cam, Kooks LTs, Solo catback, SLP tips, NEP Intake/TB, Volat CAI, Rotofab dry filter, HSRK, Omega Thermistor, LS7 MAF, Billet catch can, Pat G tune, H&R Street coilovers, GXP fascia & diffuser, Spyder LED tails, VMR/Nitto, DBA/Hawk TRS HID, TRS LED Fogs, VG Sharkfin, 20% Tint

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-16-2013, 08:02 PM

Looks great!
How much did it run you?

2009 G8 GXP, #715 0f 1829 (#18 of 23 as optioned), MSM, 6M, Sunroof, Onyx/Red

2009 G8 GXP, #807 of 1829 (#37 of 68 as optioned), MSM, 6A, Sunroof, Onyx

2016 Chevy SS, Mystic Green, roof, #555 of 2221

Forum junkie at the G8Board and "The G8 Forum That Shall Not Be Named"!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-16-2013, 10:22 PM Thread Starter

The engine cover wasn't supposed to match the car exactly. It's supposed to be an accent piece, and looks better in person. My iphone doesn't do the best at capturing colors.

I worked out the paint job in trade with a buddy of mine who owns a body shop. They did an estimate for me before they started and it would have been about $4500 total in cash. They stripped the whole car down and did it right.

Go: LS3, BTR 233/250 (Stg IV) cam, Manzo 2" Camaro LTs, Kooks 3" mids, GXP axle backs, VCM, 100mm LS7 MAF, 3.27's, Circle-D 3600 stall, built 6L80E. Tuned by Me.
Whoa!: CTS-V/ Camaro Brembos, full Zeta II front and rear suspension swap w/ BMR goodies and BC coil-overs.
Show: LED headlights and fogs, VG Sharkfin, GXP bumper & diffuser, 10% tint, de-badged, CTS-V wheels.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-16-2013, 10:31 PM

Love that color. Don't see many of that color these days. Was that the original color of your car too?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-16-2013, 10:58 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, originally PSM. I love it because they're aren't that many of them.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page